WIG CHALLENGE 2013

CurliDiva

I'm starting the WIG CHALLENGE 2013 early - so please just "thank" this post to join!

The WIG CHALLENGE 2013 is very EASY..........just wear any type of wig as your main PROTECTIVE STYLE of choice!

:gorgeous: WIG CHALLENGE guidelines:

• The Wig Challenge is in effect from Jan 1st - Dec 31st, 2013 (you can join at any time during the year by "thanking" this post)

• WIG means any full wig, half wig, full lace wig, U-part, or a lace fronts (NOT twists, braided extensions or weaves)store bought or self-made.

• Wigs are a great protective style of choice (most of the time), but you can take as many breaks as you want - just pull it off whenever you want to see and touch your hair!

You MUST take care of your hair and scalp underneath (this challenge is about progress, not a styling crutch) our ultimate goal is healthy, long REAL hair!

• Keep in touch, post photos, ask questions, share advice and let us know how you're doing at least once per month!

Please remember there is a TON of information in the previous WIG CHALLENGES....... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 20012 threads.

Also, WIG CHALLENGE works easily with others challenges -- such as the Bootcamp, Deep Conditioning, Scalp Massage, Hide Your Hair, or Low Manipulation, etc. -- since your hair is safely tucked away from daily wear and tear.

Happy New Year and Happy Hair Growing!:gorgeous:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have to wait until I get to my computer to thank the post because I can't figure out how to do it in the app. I'm excited. I love wigs for protective styling; but I need to do a better job of protecting my hair underneath.

Haddasah

I am in, I already WIG IT!! lol! I only have 1 wig that I am pleased with once I get things settled I will make a u-part wig with a lace closure

Can I just say that wigs really work for me, alot of my friends and family don't get why I wear wigs since Im past BSL but it's because of wigs that I have reached this far. Wigs are the answer for me...2013 wiggin it to Waistlength!! :)

Rozlewis

Count me in. Wearing wigs is something new for me but I just purchased three nice wigs. One is from RPGshow and the others are from a local wig shop. I will be wigging it in 2013.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I work out a lot...so not sure about this one....although I love my wigs.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

JJamiah

This year I won't be wigging as much but will when I can. I am taking a few classes that don't allow me to wear it comfortably.

Sent from my (SPH-L710) Galaxy III using LHCF

freshlikemoi

I'm definitely in.

I've watched a few videos of how to make your own wig and I plan to make one today, since my hair is colored and I want the perfect match!!

SunnyDelight

I have had such great luck with growth from wigs . . . I'm in. Right now I'm in a weave but plan to take it out in the next 2 weeks. Need to find me a few shorty do's.

stephshe

I'm in too:grin:, I've been wiggin" it most of 2012 and will continue. I have about 4 full lace wigs and 4 half wigs, they have been great for growth so far.

beauti

im joining this challenge!Got a wig sitting on my head right now, been wigging past few months.

my every day wig! She's pretty old, had her over a year. Its a wig by MODU, dont know the name though

and this one is my most recent purchase, Las Milana by Vanessa

Last edited:

strawbewie

I want to join... I love to wig it but I alternate between wiggin and sengalase twists! I have several wigs. I been wiggin the last few months.

strawbewie

Could someone post how they take care of their edges while on a wig reggie?

I spray with chicoro leave-in on my cornrows in the am and pm. I also oil and massage my edges with an oil mix I think from njoi. My edges need a lot of work. I also use men's satin cap not wig cap.

JustGROWwithIt

I'm in! I just started wearing wigs to grow my hair out a couple of weeks ago and am loving it! I'll be back later to post pics of my current wig. I'm in the market for a new one. Any suggestions?

loveafterwar

I'm doing a good wash and condition tonight then I'll be under my upart. I'll be back much much later with pics. I usually sew mines down but I'll be wearing it with combs this time so I can take it on and off while working out.

strawbewie

These are some of my faves

Freetress Equal Kendra
image-3202442825.jpg

Freetress Equal Lia
image-241206015.jpg

Equal Dream Girl ( date night hair with hubby)
image-1350124210.jpg

I usually buy for divatress.com.

Kay.Dee

I just bought my first wig and I'm loving it, I should have done it sooner!
I'm done with braid extensions. I don't have the patience anymore to find someone to do them, or do it myself, and then take them out. And my hairline told me it's done with them too lol.
At least with a wig I can see my real hair whenever I want to.

Babygrowth

I'm in! At least until it starts getting warm. I hate wigs when its hot out. Also I like braids/twists so I'm in the HYH challenge just until my hair gets long enough to rollerset.

Inspiired

Good luck everyone! I baggy-ed under wigs last year and it worked tremendously :)

---- Because You're Worth It ;)
Pretty please vote for me for BGLH Icon of the Year :) http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/12/vote-for-the-2012-bglh-style-icon-of-the-year/ Also please read some more previous posts: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=591027 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=622227 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=656937 Length at October:
Jennifer :D www.bootyfurl.co.uk

KaramelDiva1978

I'm in! I just bought the human hair mommy wig and I now have 3 shorty 'do's that I love. My hair is currently past APL and I work out 3-4 days per week so moisturizing and sealing and putting my hair in a French braid has been working for me the last few weeks. I can't say that I will wig it 100%, but I will wig it 90% of the time. When it's summertime in LA, there's just no relief, you almost want to shave your head to get cool. Plus, I like to have access to my hair and scalp to make adjustments if I need to to prevent any damage if something goes awry.

My wig should be in this week! I moisture and seal daily as in and co-wash and deep condition weekly. My regimen is pretty rock solid and so far so good with my length and retention. I think wigging it will help me step it up a notch so that I can have that pre_medicalrulz retention!! LOL

Healthb4Length

Hi guys! So happy to be apart of this challenge! I'm currently APL and hopefully by wigging it I'll be BSL. I ordered some wigs from Lacewigsfront and I'll interchange between them. I wash my hair while in cornrows under the wig. I use a braid spray daily or as needed and seal with a leave-in and whatever oils I have available. I deep condition weekly and I do a Aphogee treatment every 2 months.

Good luck everyone! Happy hair journey!:yep:

Kay.Dee

Anyone have tips on synthetic vs human and how to care for the actual wig so it doesn't look busted?

Michelle1971

I'm in :)
I currently wear half-wigs because my head is too big to buy a full wig without going the custom route.
I am probably going to make one really soon though :yep:.

How are you ladies keeping your wigs looking fresh? I am wanting to buy Creta Girl, but she is synthetic and I don't want to replace her every month. Does anyone know of a wig similar in style to Creta Girl, but with human hair? I wouldn't mind spending the extra money if that meant it lasted longer

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm in! I just bought the human hair mommy wig and I now have 3 shorty 'do's that I love. My hair is currently past APL and I work out 3-4 days per week so moisturizing and sealing and putting my hair in a French braid has been working for me the last few weeks. I can't say that I will wig it 100%, but I will wig it 90% of the time. When it's summertime in LA, there's just no relief, you almost want to shave your head to get cool. Plus, I like to have access to my hair and scalp to make adjustments if I need to to prevent any damage if something goes awry.

My wig should be in this week! I moisture and seal daily as in and co-wash and deep condition weekly. My regimen is pretty rock solid and so far so good with my length and retention. I think wigging it will help me step it up a notch so that I can have that pre_medicalrulz retention!! LOL

You go girl! You can do it! :grin:

alanaturelle

I'm in!!!! I wore wigs for the most part of 2012 and it helped a lot. When March comes where I hope to have a decent length for buns, I will go back n forth between wigs and buns, :).

BLESSED1

I'm in! I would have spent all of this year in either a wig, u part or half wig if I continue for the last few days left of this year. I just made a new u part so I'm guessing I'll achieve my goal of wigging it for all of 2012 lol

my fave half wig is tammy before I relaxed, yasmine after relaxed

my fave whole wig is water lily/dream girl (basically the same just different brands)

and my fave u part before I started making my own is yunessa/spot light ( again same style just different brands)

I swish my synthies in diluted fabric softener to keep them fresh & last longer, I tend to get futura hair so I'll flat iron and re boil in the curls when they start to get ratty.

I also will use my clothes steamer to revive my curly/wavy units, not while on my head of course but on the wig head or hanger if not a full wig

good luck everybody, we can do this!