Frenchee aka Dog Mane

happylocks

it has been several months, I have not been using it, on and off, cause I have to go out alot, but I really like it still I am starting to use it more, how is it going for everyone eles, thanks

licutiexx

Oh and I saw a product online called BB Pine Tar Super Gro the description under the products says
This BB product is designed for conditioning the scalp and hair. BB Pine Tar gives fast temporary relief from itchy scalp, falling and thinning hair, and removes loose dandruff. Directions: Apply directly to scalp and work into scalp, massaging more on thinning areas and temples. For superb results use this product three times weekly. Do not wash hair for three days after application.

It sounds similar to the product you were talking about.

happylocks

it sound pretty much the same, I have not been using to that well, but I think in small amounts it will not smell, but I do plan to keep using it on and off

phynestone

I've been using it for a while, but I don't measure my growth. It smells soooooooo bad!!! Everytime I apply it, the smell lingers and I wonder if anyone else can smell it, even though I only apply it to my scalp.

phynestone

Going okay, just trying to stay on the bandwagon. Hopefully I'll have a ton of growth by the end of the summer from this sewn-in weave. Currently I'm mixing Dog Mane and Glover's Medicated treatment on my scalp partings.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
There is a thread called the stinky challenge on the board. You can learn more there. As for me, I never follow directions on the jar. I was using frenchee's, Sulfur 8, glover's, along w/ mtg daily. My hair never grew so much and so fast! Now that I am natural, I'm going to start it again. I only use the frenchee's,s8, and glover's as a pree poo. I wash it out after leaving it on my hair for an hour or more.The mtg is the only thing I leave in. I hope you all have hair growing success! :lol:

Renovating

Is anyone still using dog mane? If so, is there a way to get rid of the odor? Sigh. I wish I could just get some more Megatek. Oh well.

Has anyone seen spectacular growth from it?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

A lady I worked with swears by this!!! She says whenever she cuts her hair - which is often - she uses this to grow it back.. I can attest to her fast growing, thick mane. She brought it to work for me to see - the smell intoxicated me. Seriously, my head was spinning. But she honestly swore that this was her secret weapon.

I have never seen anyone chop their hair off as often as she did and grow it back. Effortlessly.

jamaraa

Frenchee and Glover's Mange are two diff products. Frenchee is pine tar based (smells like Grandpa's soap) and Glover's is sulfur based (smells like Sulfur 8 only more intense).

I use both, but Frenchee far more frequently. The smell on Frenchee (which I like) dies down rather fast, but w/ Glover's you can use it as a scalp treatment prepoo then wash it out. The smell goes. In terms of wearing it in yur head as a hair dress, don't know what to tell ya! The smell is it's charm. ;) LOL

jamaraa

Is this stuff like hair grease?

Frenchee is an old fashioned grease product (they also make a shampoo which is lovely as well as cheap) that is pine tar based.

Glovers makes both grease/pomades and a tonic. If youlook them up, they have a whole line of products. When people are referring to "Glover's mange" or "dog mange" they're actually referring to a tonic that you treat you scalp w/. Many natural products have traditionally been used on both humans and animals, esp for skin issues...this is no different. The stuff is now called "Glover's Dandruff Control Medicine" and it's sold in a little bottle in a box. Hope this helps.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Right. Frenchee's is a black tar grease, really sticky and gooey-like.

I bought Glover's liquid in a bottle ~ the perfumed scented one and it wasn't so bad. i used it in an mn mix I made. I still have some, mof. That glovers/mn mix really was producing some hair, but it also brought about some shedding, which i wasn't fond of.

I know, I know, it's a sign of growth, but still, i just hate to see ANY hair coming out of my scalp.!.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Get rid of Frenchie's scent?
Ummm - no.
You just haveta bare with it, when a good wind comes along you'll smell all pine tar fresh, is all :spinning:.

I tried it and my sister almost started to cuss, she hated the scent so badly. :lachen:. :perplexed. Ah well, pain for pleasure.
Thanks Bronze! :)
Is there a way to get rid of the smell?

Renovating

Right. Frenchee's is a black tar grease, really sticky and gooey-like.

I bought Glover's liquid in a bottle ~ the perfumed scented one and it wasn't so bad. i used it in an mn mix I made. I still have some, mof. That glovers/mn mix really was producing some hair, but it also brought about some shedding, which i wasn't fond of.

I know, I know, it's a sign of growth, but still, i just hate to see ANY hair coming out of my scalp.!.

So, it's better to use Glover's instead of Frenchee's right?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Well, I don't know if it's better to use Glover's over Frenchie's, My Glovers/mn mix worked very well (if you don't mind shedding - though you might not shed like I did), however, my colleague's Frenchie's Grease worked very well for her.

I never used Glover's straight, so I'm unsure how you would use it.
I always added it to something, mn, hydrocortisone, sulfur 8, mtg, etc., etc. As you can tell, that's when I first found LHCF, lol! I was a mixing queen!