thanks and response to henrilou

summer

<font color="blue"> thanks to everyone for making a sista feel welcome!

henrilou-

i had always had shoulder length relaxed hair. but after college i wanted to "go natural" and i chopped it off to a 1/2" afro. i thought i was on my way to healthy hair.

before this summer, i had 10'' of unrelaxed hair (a little past shoulder length) but it was never really natural. /images/graemlins/confused.gif although it was really cute and sometimes looked healthy, my hair suffered from all of the ways i was twisting, pulling, pressing, braiding, coloring and otherwise manipulating it. my hair would look really raggedy two days after a fresh twist and i can't stand to walk around looking crazy. /images/graemlins/mad.gif so, after months of research and thought, i decided to cut off the raggedy ends and relax. i haven't looked back since. /images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color>

to answer your question, no, i can't say that i think relaxed hair is easier to care for than unrelaxed hair. it's just a different boat. i prefer to relax.

--summer /images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

henrilou

You know, I understand that. Because manipulation really is an 'enemy of the state'. So what you're telling me is that for you, you do less to your hair when it's relaxed because it's easier to work with. makes sense. I keep mine pressed and wrap everynight. So I guess I am not really natural either. The combing styling I'd have to go through to have a decent naptural would break me off too.

Premierepearl08

@Henrilou: Do you do a hard press? I have 4 a/b hair too and it is hard as the dickens to keep it pressed during the summer!! How often and how long have you been pressed? I'm contemplating pressing during the winter and happy nappies during the summer but still am not sure yet...