I'm thinking about attending this class, feedback needed.

FemmeFatale

There's something eerie about this but I love yoga and I'm also curious about this class

Attachments

• image-294384347.jpg
    image-294384347.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 83

LiftedUp

I do not like the idea of yoga because of its links and ties to Hinduism.

“There is no Yoga without Hinduism and no Hinduism without Yoga." Source: http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Yoga_and_Hindu_Philosophy.htm

Hinduism is not something I want to dabble in. This is owing to my knowledge of it and what I have been exposed to regarding it.

Personally, I was trying to push what I've just said out of my mind for years but I can never make it to a yoga class. No matter what I do and how I try something crops up that prevents me from attending. That "something", I believe, is God preventing me from opening up my spirit to it.

Regarding what you said, that eerie feeling is more than likely the Holy Spirit talking to you regarding this class.

Now, everyone has different views regarding yoga and there are many Christians that practice yoga and churches that offer it. So the general bottom line, I do not know.

FemmeFatale

I do not like the idea of yoga because of its links and ties to Hinduism.

Hinduism is not something I want to dabble in. This is owing to my knowledge of it and what I have been exposed to regarding it.

Personally, I was trying to push what I've just said out of my mind for years but I can never make it to a yoga class. No matter what I do and how I try something crops up that prevents me from attending. That "something", I believe, is God preventing me from opening up my spirit to it.

Regarding what you said, that eerie feeling is more than likely the Holy Spirit talking to you regarding this class.

Now, everyone has different views regarding yoga and there are many Christians that practice yoga and churches that offer it. So the general bottom line, I do not know.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
FemmeFatale...

Yoga is a form of 'worship' which breaks God's commandment which says, "Thou shalt not have any other Gods before me". I'll be honest, I've taken several classes in the past years but I never had God's peace about it and it wasn't because someone preached to me that it was wrong. It was soft and gentle love of the Holy Spirit protecting me from a 'different spirit' than that of God.

Isn't God wonderful? He is always protecting our souls. Look how He lead you to seek Christian answers about this. The Holy Spirit is guiding you away from it because He loves you so. When 'other gods' get into one's spirit, it interferes with the strengthening of our souls to know God more and to be closer to Him. Many will say that 'Yoga' doesn't matter, which is the ultimate evidence of it's negative affect upon our growth in Jesus.

Here are some alternatives to taking Yoga classes. I love these and they are very good for the body.

The New York City Ballet Workout

Femme, you CAN DO THIS and it is very relaxing. I am not a 'tiny' person and I am able to go through this entire DVD and love it!

Classical Stretch

Miranda has a combination of Stretches which incorporation Ballet and Pilates. There is no yoga worship involved. I have several of Miranda's Classical Stretch DVD series. Her focus is on body healing and strengthening. If you sign up for her newsletter, each month she includes an exercise routine (via video). You can also see during the early morning on PBS.

Callanetics...

The Best!

Each of these will strengthen, lengthen tone and relax you without having to incorporate yoga which involves mediations that do not relate to God and the pureness of Christianity.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share some wonderful alternatives.

Wishing you the very best in your 'Walk with Jesus', in whom there are no regrets. :love2:

Take care,

Shimmie

LiftedUp

@FemmeFatale...

Yoga is a form of 'worship' which breaks God's commandment which says, "Thou shalt not have any other Gods before me".

Yes Shimmie, I was just about to come in and say this. These things come back to me in bits and pieces :lol:. I think I mentioned it in another thread lurking around here. What finally broke my back and forth about this yoga business is my friend, a Hindu woman, being shocked that I wanted to practice yoga. She explained to me that yoga is a form of worship and the poses are forms of worship to their gods.

Good alternatives are stretch and relaxations classes (trust me, it's harder than it sounds:look:) and Pilates.