Dr. Myles Munroe and I believe his wife, killed in plane crash today.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you for posting this, Alextin... I'm saddened to hear that... they and their families are in my prayers.

I can't believe it. There are other victims listed on his FB page, but I think he is the only one confirmed right now. DH was in his mentoring program. His annual leadership conference started tomorrow. They were flying to Freeport for the conference and the jet hit a crane and exploded. http://www.tribune242.com/news/2014/nov/09/least-two-dead-plane-crashes-crane-shipyard/ :nono:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Iwanthealthyhair67

Dr. Myles was so charismatic and down to earth, he'd speak to you as if you were an old friend never unapproachable and so humble. I am overwhelmed, he is one of the very few pastors here that spoke out against homosexuality and other issues that most pastors remain silent about. I am so sad...

avi1derful

Such a sad day. May his soul, the soul of his wife and all the passengers on that flight rest in peace.
One thing that always stood out to me with respect to Dr. Munroe was in my travels, people would always ask me if I knew him (after hearing where I was from). He touched many lives. I never attended his church or followed his teachings, but i always got the impression that he was the 'real deal'. Just Recently I was saying I must attend one of his leadership seminars, I guess that day will never come.

LoveisYou

I am sitting here in shock. During a tough period in my life his books, interviews and sermons provided so much wisdom and comfort. What a life and a legacy he leaves behind. Like he preached, he lived a life of purpose.

Iwanthealthyhair67

In a press release confirmed that he and his wife died in the crash along with 7 others...I just wanted to correct that his son was not one plane.

alexstin

This may be accurate as this person would have been working closely with Dr Myles at this conference: myles, his wife Ruth, Richard pinder, youth pastor, wife and their young son, King Diego DaGreat and two pilots.

Goombay_Summer

There are no words because today we lost a beloved native son who truly cared about the social and political landscape of our country…. but most importantly we lost a phenomenal Christian warrior.

Last edited:

bahamababe242

The young couple and their son Jojo, both pilots, Dr Pinder....... Neighbors at one point too...all of us. It's all such a sudden and heartbreaking loss. Thank you for the prayers. Our nation needs them badly....there is a vigil going on at church now and there is so much pain. :(

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
I'm still in shock and unable to process this tragic loss. My prayers are with his children, the BFM church family, my beloved Bahamas and every person whose life was touched by the ministry of Dr. Munroe. What an amazing life and legacy!
Praying also for the families of the other persons who died in the crash. Their youth pastor also died in the crash, I met and hosted him 2 years ago at a conference and I was considering inviting him back next year! So sad!

awhyley

I'm still in shock and unable to process this tragic loss. My prayers are with his children, the BFM church family, my beloved Bahamas and every person whose life was touched by the ministry of Dr. Munroe. What an amazing life and legacy!

Praying also for the families of the other persons who died in the crash. Their youth pastor also died in the crash, I met and hosted him 2 years ago at a conference and I was considering inviting him back next year! So sad!

So true, with his books, telecasts and countless scores of persons that he has left an impression on, Pastor Munroe has truly created a legacy that will stand the test of time. I went to high school with the youth pastor (Lavard) and his wife used to attend our church before she joined him at BFM. They were lovely people, true servants of the Lord. This has been a shocking blow.

Sosa

Wow! What a tragic loss to everyone who knew him...but he is one of those that I know will be welcomed into glory with a crown of many gems. And he will have his wife right there with him.
He has left a wonderful legacy behind. I will keep his church and loved ones in my prayers.

Last edited:

felic1

I am very sorry for his family and church family. I saw a telecast of his church and the members are very hurt. I am praying for them that God's perfect will be carried out for them and the church.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I am very saddened by this news. Early this morning Nice & Wavy shared with me what had happened and .... (pausing, simply pausing)

This Man of God has so much impact upon so many. I cannot count the number of times he has visited our Church to minister and he and his wife were the most humble, loving couple. They never set themselves up above anyone. They were simply humble, loving and honorable people who loved God and all of mankind... 'All'.

They were such beautiful people inside and out. They flourished in love and beauty that flowed into the hearts of all.

This Man of God, never hindered the move of the Holy Spirit. Not once did he conceal nor abridge the Truth of God's Holy Word. He stood firmly upon the Word of God, never wavered nor did he compromise the meaning of it. He bravely stood upon morality and the preservation of it. Yet, as strong as he stood, he stood in love, never judged one in sin, never cast stones nor did he plunge his sword into a bleeding heart. He simply stood for God's Loving Word and cherished the Love of Jesus for everyone.

Pastor Myles Munroe was / is indeed a Man of Excellence.

In our human minds, the questions are floating and surrounding the heartache... Why? How could this happen? Why him and his wife and the lives of the precious others?

We aren't always meant to have the exact answers but we do have the loving legacy that they leave behind and the strong and uncompromising lessons and lead that we are to follow, therefore the answer is always:

"Follow Jesus"

And this our beloved Pastor, Friend and Brother and His Wife and Co-Ministers did...

They followed Jesus.........All the way to Heaven. :Rose:

In love to Pastor Munroe's Family, Congregation, the Beloved's who followed him...

To Our Precious Dearly Beloved's, "Rest in Peace"... :rosebud:

---------------