• Mixed with other conditioners to dc

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • As a final quickie condition after dc'ing

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

PPGbubbles

I am a natural and I started using it about 2 months ago and I am HOOKED!

I use it after I wash I leave it on for 1-2 mins, rinse then DC. My hair has been a lot smoother since I started using it and I must say detangling has been a breeze

This product is a keeper!

Barbie83

I am completely and thoroughly confused :confused:

*sigh*....it seems like its split right down the middle between those who use it before DC and those who use it after DC. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

:whyme:

chelleypie810

I am completely and thoroughly confused :confused:

*sigh*....it seems like its split right down the middle between those who use it before DC and those who use it after DC. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

:whyme:

Isn't it kind of like a cuticle sealer? If so then it would def. make sense to use it after. no? I don't know but I found some type of ph balancer in my ion emergency svc kit. I will def. try it next wash..see how my hair comes out before buying the roux pc.

Barbie83

Isn't it kind of like a cuticle sealer? If so then it would def. make sense to use it after. no? I don't know but I found some type of ph balancer in my ion emergency svc kit. I will def. try it next wash..see how my hair comes out before buying the roux pc.

That's exactly what I thought....but there are others that say that by using it before a DC, you even out your porosity and it makes the DC take better and more uniformly....

I guess I'll have to try it both ways and decide which way I prefer. But I wish there was one definite answer so that I'd know I'm using it in the most beneficial way :ohwell:

Zawaj

That's exactly what I thought....but there are others that say that by using it before a DC, you even out your porosity and it makes the DC take better and more uniformly....

I guess I'll have to try it both ways and decide which way I prefer. But I wish there was one definite answer so that I'd know I'm using it in the most beneficial way :ohwell:

:yep: This is what I'm going to do since different hair types (natural/relaxed/damaged/healthy etc) will respond differently.

Aggie

I was going to suggest the bolded Barbie. Also the last time I used it, I added it to my DC for the last 2 minutes of it, then wash i tout.

I could actually feel the difference in how my hair was responding to this new change. It got really soft.

In other words, I DC'ed for a full 45 minutes and I went in the shower to wash it out, but before washing out the DC, I added some PC to it for 2 minutes then washed it out.

Big difference, for me anyway. I believe that you can try it multiple ways until you find which way your hair likes it.

chelleypie810

I was going to suggest the bolded Barbie. Also the last time I used it, I added it to my DC for the last 2 minutes of it, then wash i tout.

I could actually feel the difference in how my hair was responding to this new change. It got really soft.

In other words, I DC'ed for a full 45 minutes and I went in the shower to wash it out, but before washing out the DC, I added some PC to it for 2 minutes then washed it out.

Big difference, for me anyway. I believe that you can try it multiple ways until you find which way your hair likes it.

this sounds like a really good idea. i think im going to try this way first. doing it this way also makes good sense.

Hmm, after reading through this thread, I'm thinking that this is something that might work for me. I guess my initial concern was that fact that I'm natural, but this might be the key! I'll let you know :)

KrystalClear

I use it as a conditioner before I DC.

Porosity Control does help the cuticle to lie flat, but that does not mean it keeps anything "out" of the hair shaft when conditioning. Porosity Control ensures that you have the results you want to have.

Do you want a better relaxer result? Use it before relaxing. Put it in your damp hair (just like the directions say, leave for 30 seconds and rinse). Allow hair to air dry again and then apply relaxer.
* My childhood hairdresser used to do this EVERY TIME he relaxed my hair, and my hair was soooo healthy as a child!!! It never got long because I did so much to it, but it was pretty healthy.
You can use it again after relaxing but before a DC as well.

Do you want your moisturizing conditioner to do what it promised to do? Use PC right before a DC and you will see a major difference in your hair when it is dry and you are styling. :grin:

You really do want the cuticles lying flat when you DC or else the moisture goes in and then right back out again. When you make the cuticles lie flat first, the moisture goes in and STAYS IN.

Same for protein. If your hair really needs it badly and you want a good protein condition, PC first and the do the protein condition. Then follow up again with moisture.

Porosity Control simply controls how porous your hair is...making it not so porous. Porous (or open, which leads to dry, brittle hair) is not good.

Those of us with no lye relaxers will REALLY benefit from PC because no lye relaxers make the hair more porous over time than lye based relaxers do.

Naturals benefit the same way....just minus the relaxers of course. :yep:

I wrote this because some people were wondering why use PC first when it closes the cuticle. Well, it doesn't close it per se....it just makes it normal again...flat and ready to receive what you put on it.

I hope this is helpful to those wanting to know.
(PC masters, please correct anything I wrote incorrectly.)

HHG to us all!!!

cj

Makes WAY more sense to me. I was not understanding why it would make sense to use it AFTER. But everybody has their own method. Thanks!! :yep:

chelleypie810

^^^ your natural hair is so pretty krystal.

Yea I've used it both ways before and after a DC. I'm not sure which way is better because both ways made my hair extra smooth after. However, when using before the DC my hair was much more moisturized when dry.

VirtuousBeauty

For those that use porosity control right before a relaxer do you put it on dry hair then rinse or wet first? or does it not matter?

Though I do like the idea wetting the hair and letting airdry first. I'm sure it makes it alot easier to determine new growth when you relax