Adore Semi Permanent Hair Color

chicamorena

Tracy, do you wash your hair again after rinsing out the color, or just rinse with water, then apply a detangler. Also would it be okay to use a light protein conditioner as my deep conditioner before I color?

Tracy

I do - but you don't have to. I like to try to get the color off my scalp. I hate that bleeding (or inky - depending on the color you use
) scalp look. One quick wash - with a lot of water in the hair so the shampoo is diluted - should be fine.

I would save the protein. Most rinses have a heavy protein concentration on their own - so you may overprotein the hair depending on how it responds to that kind of conditioner.

Moisture is better when you're dealing with pre-color rinse care.

chicamorena

One more question Tracy and I promise I won't bother you anymore. The bottle says to leave the color on for 25 minutes and that heat is not necessary. Is 25 minutes good enough to process the color? And should I use heat from a dryer anyway?

MoezThunder

Hey wait a minute! I didn't get my turn!
Tracy, how familiar r you with the water works permie colors. They have a black cherry, and I'm wondering how it would do.

Tracy

No problem girlies...it's my pleasure... really!

I LOVE haircolor.

Moez - I've not tried waterworks - but I have seen them.

The colors strike me as a little unnatural is all - more like crayon colors than hair colors. So I never tried them. If I remember correctly though they won't lighten. As look as your cool with that and a "funkier" look - they sound great to me!
Some people have the personality to pull that off. I'm kind of like a sometimes irritated, somtimes shy wall flower - so anything too daring looks wrong on me. I look like I'm wearing someone else's hair for the day...