Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

lux10023

my edge control doesnt work because i apply to wet edges--smdhhhh..dry edges it works..you know how much edge control i have half used cussing that it doesnt work..lol

took me long enough to figure that out lmaooo

natstar

That's a great idea. Help her put down the flat irons. I wish someone had taught me to love my curls when I was 11. I'd probably be tbl if they had.

I am going to try. I keep telling her to grow out her relaxer but she loves straight hair. Ok fine. But I need for her to not burn her hair off with the flat iron her gma gave her last Christmas :nono:

She is starting to show a LOT of self esteem issues and her hair is a big issue for her.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I really wish that folks would stop thinking they "know" my hair or more about hair than I do. Good day. I said GOOD DAY!!

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I am going to try. I keep telling her to grow out her relaxer but she loves straight hair. Ok fine. But I need for her to not burn her hair off with the flat iron her gma gave her last Christmas :nono: She is starting to show a LOT of self esteem issues and her hair is a big issue for her.

She can be a straight natural but show her how to do it the right way. My little sister is 15 and she's a straight natural. But now she'll occasionally wear a braid out or a wash and go. I know she's only 11 but it's never to early to learn. Just let her see all the natural haired beauties on YouTube and show her some straight hair naturals. And always remind her that no matter what she chooses, she's beautiful.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I really wish that folks would stop thinking they "know" my hair or more about hair than I do. Good day. I said GOOD DAY!!

Lawd I can't stand folks like this!!!! I can't I can't I can't!!! And the ones that ask your advice then get mad when you give it. Smh. You just got me all upset even thinking about it lol

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I can't decide if I should cut and color my hair Saturday or wait until next week. I really want to do wand curls for Christmas but on the other hand I really want to do a proper length check with pics like right now but I don't want to use heat this week and next. I'm just so bored with my hair since I've been doing nothing but buns since August because of school. Oh and one set of Marley twists and a wash and go...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I told a white lady that i dont use shampoo i use cleansing conditioners and she just coukdnt wrap her head around that lol. My hair isnt dirty i wash it every day!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I told a white lady that i dont use shampoo i use cleansing conditioners and she just coukdnt wrap her head around that lol. My hair isnt dirty i wash it every day!
my manager who is white came in a couple of months ago talking how she had discovered wen and how it replaced her shampoo and how she loved the way it made her hair feel. It had me cracking up I was like yes shampoo is drying and I told her how I didn't use shampoo either.

toaster

I really want an FHI stylus. It reminds me of those hot air brushes that were super popular. In fact I have one! But I still want the stylus.

loved

I went from 2.5 years natural to textlaxed this year and now I'm ready for a weave as a protective style for a few months. I think I have a pack of unused EPRT for a DIY install.

I want to use heat on my hair at least once before I put it away. Not sure if I should do it for my office holiday event or Christmas day. Usually when I host for the holidays I never have time to get around to styling my hair the way I thought I would.

wheezy807

Just hanging in there. I'll be one year natural on the 28th. Had thoughts about relaxing again but two people have talked me out of it for the moment. I'm just tired of this ponytail or should say puff ball. I've been pretty much neglecting my hair aka loe, low maintenance but it's still growing regardless. Even if I wash every two to three weeks I don't lose that much hair. Just taking it one day at a time. I said I would give myself at least two years of being natural to really makeup my mind.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
*sigh* Christmas is coming which means family time which means drunk folks attempting to run their fingers through my hair, touching my scalp, pulling my curls etc. How many times I gotta tell y'all don't touch my hair? Popping my family like I do the people at work does no good. Maybe I should start punching folks in the face. *sigh* Or maybe I should just stay home.

nerdography

I splurged and bought myself an early Christmas present of a new flat iron. I got the FHI Heat Shine Enhancing Flat Iron. It was $80 dollars, the most I've ever spend on a flat iron. But, I'm super happy with the results and it was well worth the money.

faithVA

I want to push my wash day off until Sunday but then that will mess up my schedule and my next wash day will fall on xmas :nono: Will just have to stick to Friday. :ohwell:

overtherainbow

My hair has been in dodgy looking celie plaits under beanies for 3 days now. Ive been running around town and school looking a hot mess, but all was not for naught: all of my papers are done and handed in on time. I could now let my hair down and celebrate with my classmates. Hopefully my hair is not a tangled mess...

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I do the loc method. I skip one and a half days and I have breakage. What is going on? Does anyone else have breakage after skipping one or two days of moisturizing??

I'm fine and low po btw

lux10023

my white citrus wen is everything!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

so I'm on a serious banana clip hunt--my natural hair is tick not thick but tick...lol
i need some serious hair clips to hold my styles together..going to harmons this weekend...