profile pics

G

my personal pic from my profile only displays some of the time. has anyone else noticed that? the only one that i've never seen with a red X in it is allandra's rainbow. so allandra, what is your secret? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

G

yes, when i was online earlier, it displayed properly. now it's a placeholder with a red X in it. i guess what i want to know is how do i get it to display right all the time? hey... like yours is doing!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

SVT

My pic wouldn't post right the first time. I fiddled with it and figured out I needed to change the URL's ending from html to jpg. Now it works, at least until the website decides to delete or change the pic's location. Hope that helps you.

Armyqt

Adrienne, I too am flabbergasted by this whole thing. It should be so simple, yet still It's been hours and I still can't get it. I need some step by steps cause now I'm just starting to get frustrated. ALLANDRA, please help.

SVT

Uh oh. I couldn't it see it in AOL but I can see it in Netscape 7.0. I have both browsers up right now and all I see on AOL is a red x under Adrienne's name. In Netscape, I can see the famous tresses! I haven't tried Explorer 6.0.

That's weird though because I can see my hair model using either browser. Hmmmm. Is Allandra our resident techie?

Allandra, get in this thread girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edited to say:
Hey, I'm gonna test some stuff. If my pic starts doing strange things, that's just me fiddlin around. Back in a sec...

SVT

Sorry Adrienne. My little tests didn't go so well. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I tried all kinds of things. I also tried building a geocities page then using that url for the pic. But just like you, I got the big red X. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe Beverly can figure it out. *shrugs*

Armyqt: I got this error message for that link you posted.

Sorry...Page Temporarily Unavailable

The Web page or file that you requested is temporarily unavailable. It has been so popular this month that it exceeded its free monthly traffic allotment. Access to this Web site will be restored on the first of next month. Please come back then.

Thank you for your visit!

If you are the owner of the Web site in question, please refer to your Community Web Space Terms and Conditions under Web Site Size and Space Limitations for more information.

Armyqt

For some reason, my picture is showing up now!! YIPEE. I am so excited. I hope it stays this way. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Glad to see your pic!
Earthlink, geocities, and other free domains routinely go down, especially if the webpage itself gets too much traffic. I think that was the reason, essentially.

Allandra

No secret here. Just make sure you're using the url to the picture. If that doesn't work, maybe something else is wrong (since there are still a few glitches here). Beverly has been busy working on the glitches.

H

HoneyRockette

But I copied and pasted it. If you type it in the box it works.

Allandra

Adrienne,

I see your picture next to your post. I also tested it out under my signature (as you asked) /images/graemlins/smile.gif and it seems to be working and in view.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Make sure all of these are in order, fellow Honey Bunny! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1. Your picture can only be 80x80. It may be too large.
2. Geocities has not allowed remote linking since the summer of 2000. I'm not sure this counts as a remote link because I can't see the inner workings of this board, but this may be the problem.
It may work if you go through your Yahoo photo album instead:
http://photos.yahoo.com/

If not, let me know, and I'll put your pic on my site and we'll see if it works from there.

LondonDiva

Oooh Honeyvibe your avatar picture is toooo cute. Kinda like a Japanese version of Queen Amidala from Star wars.

LOL /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

Honey vibe....can you do mine? I have a natural pic on Yahoo that I'd like to post under my name...only I can't figure out how to post the 'thumb print?' or how to link to it. Yes I have tried copying the url under 'properties'...but it won't work.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif Let me know and I'll post the link for you. Thanks!

sweetcocoa

<font color="blue">Not really...I just gave up on the doll I wanted to post a pic of. It worked at well, since I like this one better.</font color> /images/graemlins/smile.gif