Can a girl get some help...

Viper2007

I am new here. found some great info. But i was wondering if any of you with 3c,4a,b hair found a product that gave you curl definition

thanx in advance

Tracy

Hands down:

John Frieda's Perfect Curls
Salon Selectives Loosely Defined. I think the latter product has been discontinued - thank god it inly takes a little and I still have 3/4 of a bottle!

The John Frieda should work with a nice light shine balm tho...

BlkMane

Salon Selectives Loosely Defined was my old favorite mixed with gel BEFORE

I discovered Black N' Sassy Creamy Set. This stuff is great. Don't use too much and you should get smooth, shiny, soft curls with no frizz.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade. I bought some yesterday. I put some on my damp hair and a few minutes later I passed a mirror and was like, "WHOA!!" Even my relaxed ends were wavy looking. I'll definitely be using this when I'm 'all natural'. The only drawback is the sweet candy smell. It's very overwhelming. I bought it because I was desperate for something to cover the odor of Glover's Dandruff Medicine that seems to linger like an evil spirit no matter how many times I shampoo. This stuff worked!
LA Looks Shine Enhancing Gel works, too. But I have to mix it with a moisturizer.

sweetcocoa

Any heavy conditioner(I use Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek or Paul Mitchells Supercharged or Redken Heavy Cream) mixed with a little oil(I like aloe vera) and ISO Bouncy Cream or SSLD. I follow this with a generous helping of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. Put in on so it's 'pasty'...it will dry soft and shiney(the last pic in my album is natural).

MSCHICHI

I agree about the Black and Sassy. The only thing with it is, it has a tendency to flake. This isn't usually a problem with me though, because when I am natural, I usually rinse my hair almost everyday anyway.

The next product I am going to try for this is something my stepdaughter has been using that gives her lots of curl definition and tons of shine. The product is Proclaim gel. It is heavy, clear, and alcohol-free.

I never actually used SSLD, but I wonder if Salon Selectives would be willing to reproduce it and market it as more of an ethnic hair product. They would be missing out out on lots of money, and us on a fabulous product.

SVT

I got good definition with ISO Bouncy Creme but it was hard to wash out and the smell is overwhelming...nice but overwhelming.

rayne

blkmane and mschichi, have you ever used the Black and Sassy Wrap Cream? If so, which is better, the setting lotion or the wrap cream? And why?

MSCHICHI

Hmmm...

I think I am a little confused by some of the names. The one I use now, and have for a while is the Black and Sassy Creamy Set in the little tub, which is basically a thick white gel-like product.

There was something else I used by Black and Sassy about 2 years ago. I think it was called foamy set, and it was in a bottle. Is this the other product you are referring to? It was on the watery side. I think this one didn't flake as much, but it didn't have the holding power of the creamy set, and it itched. This product is more of a setting lotion than the creamy set. The foamy set may be better for a wet set or something like that, but I can't say for sure as I have not used it for that purpose.

Maybe I will try it again.

notsomebody

I think I know what you are talking about. I think its called Black and Sassy Bounce and Swing wrap cream. If I am thinking of the right one the cream is purple and smells like grape bubble gum.

IF thats the stuff you are talking about, I liked it. I always put a spoonfull in a spray bottle of water and mixed it because it was so concentrated that if you used too much it would make your hair hard.
This stuff was always great for any set done under a dryer.

rayne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
its called Black and Sassy Bounce and Swing wrap cream. If I am thinking of the right one the cream is purple and smells like grape bubble gum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the one!

Here's what it looks like, they have 2 looks:

Black N Sassy Wrap Cream

Black N Sassy Wrap Cream with Cap

I didn't like it when I tried it because it left my hair feeling "funny" and I considered tossing it out. However, when I was in Sally's there was a lady in there that was looking for it. She had the most shinest, bounciest curls that I had ever seen!! I thought it was a weave at first /images/graemlins/ooo.gif She said that the only thing she had in her hair was the Black and Sassy. I told her my experience with it and she said she didn't like it at first either, but she does now. Maybe I didn't use it right. So whenever I'm able to wrap my hair again (too wavy right now) I'll try notsomebody's method and see how that works. Thanks ladies /images/graemlins/grin.gif

notsomebody

It helps if you make sure you have done all of your moisturizing first. Then put the wrap cream on last before you set your hair.
Also, watering it down helps a lot. I originally bought it when I was trying to sport a wrap style. Then I realized I am just one of those women who can't wear one. I even had one professionally done and it still looked funky. But it works really good with roller sets.
Since, I had been wearing my hair up so often lately, I stopped using it, but since I am trying to get over the fear of wearing my hair down, I may try it again this weekend.

Tara

Loosley Defined
Care Free Curl Activator (well it waves the front, curls up the back)
BBD Glass is great for that too

The No Shampoo routine

oh, Physique Frizz Control Curl Creme is good when mixed with a little gel or conditioner.

HTH