*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

tatiana

My goal is to GHE four times a week.

I actually started last week; I was experimenting with different products.

I GHE'd last night with Afro-Detangler sealed with Jane carter Nourish and Shine. I most likely will not venture from my products. I put hair in twists and wearing a twist out this morning.

toiatoya

I had never heard of just the GHE until this post and I think it's a wonderful idea. I want to try this or baggying at least every other day which would equal 4 times a week. My main problem right now is retaining moisture and length since a bad bf haircut so i think this challenge is perfect for me!

~Vintage Queen~

Been about my bis with a bag on all day. About to head out baggying under my wig and come home to GH.
From using SFO last night and baggying since, I've found hair soft and moist after quite some hours.

toiatoya, I think this will be great for you. Honestly with GH'ing and baggying you do hold more moisture. At least that's what I've noticed so far.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I know Im late but imma try to get in 3 sessions for this week.

(1) I M&S with HS 14n1 mixed with Aloe Vera Juice and WGO to seal. I am ponytail baggying at the moment and will leave this on til tomorrow.

See you ladies then :grin:

toiatoya

checking in :D just baggied with DesignLine reconstructor for about 30 mins (no dryer) and feeling really great! May throw my baggy back on overnight! right now Redken frizz something is in my hair (my stylist came over and DCd me!)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Moisturized with Silk Dreams Silky Soft mixed with Nourish and massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp. I'll be doing GHE tonight. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
So yesterday after job#1 - slathered HV 24/7 on dry hair, plastic cap, baseball cap, went to job#2. Left on for about 4 hrs. Rinsed when I got home, t-shirt dried for a few mins. Used a good amount of KBB Ambrosia, small amt of butter love, plastic cap, 2 doo-rags. This am sealed w/ KBB heavenly jojoba. My hair feels soooo soft, super moist. Curls is ping-popping!

Trying not to touch my hair to prevent frizz. Gonna see if this is a keeper method of an overnight wash & go or call it a wash, sleep & go:lol:.

toiatoya

baggying is the truff! LOL so I took my baggy off this am and it's still moist! i added a little coconut oil all over and some water and jbco around my edges because they had gotten a little dry. I may end up doing this every night! I also like the results I got from the redkin frizz leave in (sorry forgot the exact name. it's in the ombre green and yellowish bottle) and the dc with the designline reconstructor. Man i want to own those two but i feel that they will be expensive....hmm.

tatiana

I ghe'd last night with staple products. Put my twist out in a banana clip for work because my hair was damp.

I am seriously considering doing a 4 week mini twists challenge with the GHE. I am heading back to the gym on Monday and I need a low-maintenance style.

kupenda

Hey ladies! I can't baggy for at least a whole week cuz I just got a blowout and don't want my roots to revert before my next touch up. Sadface. Have fun without me

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

toiatoya

GHing tonight in twists with Redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner leave in anti frizz detangler for unruly curls. I really like this stuff! It's the only thing that makes my curls curl! It also moisturizes very well. Had a bogo sale today so I picked some up. Here is a pic from this morning of how happy my hair was after GH/baggying all night :D I now swear by this!

2011-08-19 10.39.24.jpg

tiffers

Same as yesterday... moisturized with Silky Soft mixed with Nourish and massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE. :grin:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I know Im late but imma try to get in 3 sessions for this week.

(1) I M&S with HS 14n1 mixed with Aloe Vera Juice and WGO to seal. I am ponytail baggying at the moment and will leave this on til tomorrow.

See you ladies then :grin:

(2) I M&S with HS 14n1 mixed with Aloe Vera Juice and WGO to seal. My hair came out bomb this morning....I loved it.

I do a ponytail braid w/o the holder and I roll the braid up on a satin roller. I have been doing this since being in the challange. Tonight I am using the baggy method. Its working well for me :yep:

Aveena

I washed and air dried overnight on Thursday then GH'd last night I used Nyle Herbal Oil.

My hair loves Nyle herbal oil but I hate the smell but I found that if I use it at night and GHE most of the smell is gone by morning and pretty much all of it goes away throughout the day.

toiatoya

GHing again tonight with minitwists all over....which has been every night since I started the challenge. My question is, could it be BAD to do it EVERY night? I love the moisture my hair retains for hours with it.

tiffers

Alright, I couldn't wait a month for another comparison pic. :giggle: These two pictures were taken 13 days apart using the same t-shirt. Notice how much further my hair is from the collar in the second picture. :woot:

(Please ignore the lint monster on my shoulders. My husband didn't tell me it was there and refused to take another picture because he was watching a football game. :rolleyes: )

tiffers

GHing again tonight with minitwists all over....which has been every night since I started the challenge. My question is, could it be BAD to do it EVERY night? I love the moisture my hair retains for hours with it.

Of course every head is different, but for my hair, nightly GHE is a must. My hair is chronically dry, so I need as much moisture as I can get!

Just make sure you keep a close eye on your hair and throw a protein conditioner into the mix every now and then. :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
(2) I M&S with HS 14n1 mixed with Aloe Vera Juice and WGO to seal. My hair came out bomb this morning....I loved it.

I do a ponytail braid w/o the holder and I roll the braid up on a satin roller. I have been doing this since being in the challange. Tonight I am using the baggy method. Its working well for me :yep:

(3) Same ol' thing tonight also, M&S with HS 14n1 mixed with Aloe Vera Juice and WGO/Coconut Oil mixed to seal.

I made my goal of 3x/wk going to hit my max for 4 days this week.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Of course every head is different, but for my hair, nightly GHE is a must. My hair is chronically dry, so I need as much moisture as I can get!

Just make sure you keep a close eye on your hair and throw a protein conditioner into the mix every now and then. :yep:

tiffers, you saying like when we baggy or a regular protein DC?

tiffers

ZebraPrintLover I meant as a dc, or even a cowash. But come to think of it, you could alternate baggying with moisturizing and balancing moisturizers. Maybe moisturizing one week and a more balancing moisturizer (with moisture AND protein) the next. :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover I meant as a dc, or even a cowash. But come to think of it, you could alternate baggying with moisturizing and balancing moisturizers. Maybe moisturizing one week and a more balancing moisturizer (with moisture AND protein) the next. :yep:

tiffers, I am not sure if I have came across a balancing one, do you know a few that can be picked up at a drug store.

MaraWithLove

Hello!
I will be using the GHE method every week on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As of now the oil I'll be using (until it runs out) is a mixture of amla, neem, ricebran, brahmi, bhringraj, hibiscus, evoo, jojoba, almond...think that's all I put in there lol.

I'll do my first baggy tomorrow and update then! :)

I know my hair will love this challenge because it absolutely loves oil!

tiffers

ZebraPrintLover Off the top of my head, I know Profectiv makes some awesome balancing moisturizers. Pretty much all of their moisturizers and leave-ins have protein and they're very moisturizing. I haven't tried a Profectiv product that I haven't loved. :yep:

MaraWithLove Welcome! Your oil mix sounds delicious. :lick:

lovestarr

I would love to join this challenge since I read that it works great on TWAs. This will hopefully help me for the '2 inches in 4 months' challenge that I am in. I will GH 4 times per week. I plan an experimenting with oils but today I will DC and then GH overnight with JBCO on damp hair.