*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

kupenda

Currently loving a good old baggy after applying hemp oil to my hair. I also love it as a prepoo. It really softens my hair.

But that smell. No no no. Gotta cowash it out the next day. Can't do it with the hemp oil smell. Barf

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Aggie

Okay ladies, I promised to come back with pics of my new weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry - 14") and here it is:

Attachments

• Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 002.jpg
    Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 20
  • Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 003.jpg
    Weave (Janet Collection Afro Jerry) Dec 24, 2011 003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 22

Cendra

Has anyone been doing this for 2-3 months who has progress pics they'd like to share?

I flat ironed my hair yesterday but I don't see/feel any progress since I started baggying Sept 25. Yeah, I know, you're going to ask for pics. Problem is, I don't have any starting pics.

So...anyone got anything?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Looking good, Aggs! :grin:

Platinum *facepalm* I keep forgetting!!! :lol: I'm too tired to create one right now, but I'll make a memo to myself to start a new one tomorrow! (Dec 26th)

Cendra Do you mean growth progress or overall health of hair?

Either way, I don't have much to contribute. :giggle: I haven't straightened my hair for years, so I can't tell that way. :perplexed

But I DO know that my hair stays moisturized longer, is softer and sheen-ier (cuz my little fro doesn't shine) :lol:

tiffers

I was too exhausted to do anything to my hair last night and ended up just throwing a couple of shower caps on my head before hitting the hay.

Tonight, I steamed with Qhemet CTDG and TLC Naturals Shea Boabob Oil. Immediately after steaming, I put on my shower caps to trap the heat. I'll be GHE'ing tonight. :yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm guessing we're still posting in here until the 1st? GHeing tonight with Hairitage Hydration's Happy Hempy on my scalp, SSI's Tahitian Vanilla Leave In on my length, followed by Silk Dream's Almond Buttercream on the length, then sealed with Enso's Moss & Marshmallow Serum. Put my hair in 6 twists.

Cendra

tiffers,

Yes, both, but I'm mostly interested in overall growth for this challenge. And I did have "starting" pics. According to my notes, I started Sept 25 but I took this stretched hair pic on Oct 12 and flat ironed on Dec 24. Although my ironing skills don't produce bone straight results - which I didn't want anyway - I'm sure a stylist would've stretched my hair even more. But still, I don't see any change. In general, my hair is better moisturized, though.

Attachments

• front bottom_LHCF.jpg
    front bottom_LHCF.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20111224-00147_2.jpg
    IMG-20111224-00147_2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 11

kupenda

Used the LOC method with water, sweet almond/jojoba mix, and DB transitioning/cocoa bean curl smoother. Covered with baggy an scarf. Gonna settle in for the night

tiffers

Sprayed my hair down with water‚ moisturized with Pura's Murumuru Lotion and Sapote Oil‚ then massaged Growth Oil into my scalp. I'll be GHE'ing tonight.

Platinum

Baggying tonight with an MN mix on my scalp, a castor/coconut oil mix on my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kupenda

Baggied last night with ORS olive oil in the bottle. Woke up to very soft hair. Will be doing it again tonight

tiffers

Sprayed hair with water, sealed with Sapote Oil then massaged Growth Oil into my scalp and steamed all of the goodness in.

I put the bags on my head immediately after steaming and will be GHE'ing tonight. :spinning:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
GHE'd last night. Greased scalp with Tiffani's Ceramide Pomade :lick:, sprayed length with a mix of aloe vera juice and Moss & Marshmallow Serum, and sealed with Vatika Frosting. Twisted my hair in 6 big twists, covered with plastic cap, then finally with my satin bonnet.

Platinum

Baggied last night with a moisturizer, coconut oil, and haitian black castor oil.:yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Shay72

Natural, 4A
GHE'd last night. Greased scalp with Tiffani's Ceramide Pomade :lick:, sprayed length with a mix of aloe vera juice and Moss & Marshmallow Serum, and sealed with Vatika Frosting. Twisted my hair in 6 big twists, covered with plastic cap, then finally with my satin bonnet.

Did the same thing last night but also added Ambrosia Hair's Honeybush Replenishing Hair Milk to the length of my hair.

tiffers

Well ladies... today is the last day this thread will be active. It's been fun *tears up* We had a lot of good times, a lot of good memories. *lip quivering*

Anything you guys wanna add? Any hits, misses or tips you'll keep in mind for next year?