*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Sprayed with water/Garden Oil mix, then moisturized with Donna Marie's Super Buttercreme and massaged Camille Rose's Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. :happydance:

Aggie

Checking in for last night and tonight. I just finished moisturizing these babies and now GHE'ing for the night:yep:.

Aggie

Doing my thing again tonight for a short while. I won't be doing an overnighter tonight.

tiffers

Got a new mix in my spray bottle: water, Garden Oil, Qhemet MTCG and Qhemet OHHB. :lick:

Sprayed my hair and then moisturized with Marie Dean Amla Hair Cream. I'll be baggying tonight. :happydance:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Been baggying each night, have been bad at checking in. I've been doing the GHE each night after greasing my scalp with olive oil and sulfur. So far I'm getting some good growth.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
As usual been baggying or GHE consistently but not reporting in. Same technique as usual. Grease my scalp with a pomade or butter, spray the length with a leave in/moisturizer, on the length some type of lotion or whipped type moisturizer, then seal with an oil, serum, or elixir. 6 twists, plastic cap, and satin cap if GHE.

tiffers

Sprayed with my awesome mix and topped with Qhemet AOHC and Camille Rose Moisture Butter, then massaged Camille Rose Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. :lick:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Why did I see that Camille rose mentioned again? I forgot alllll about it.
Haven't baggied much but will start up soon. Just finished my kinky twists so it'll be easy peasy!

Will not go to cr website....
tiffers - what is this awesome spray mix? Never mind. I see it. Hmmm got me thinking.....

tiffers

Alright, I tried going back to baggying for a few days and I definitely prefer GHE, so I'll be doing GHE from now on. :yep:

Sprayed with my super-dee-duper mix, moisturized with Zipporah Vanilla Mint Serum and massaged Camille Rose's Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. :drunk:

tiffers

Why did I see that Camille rose mentioned again? I forgot alllll about it.
Haven't baggied much but will start up soon. Just finished my kinky twists so it'll be easy peasy!

Will not go to cr website....
what is this awesome spray mix? Never mind. I see it. Hmmm got me thinking.....

Golden75 My spray mix is so awesomely awesome. I love it. :thumbsup:

You haaave to get some Camille Rose Moisture Butter. Have. To! It's so good! And it's more like a creamy moisturizer than a butter. I love it so much. It's definitely a staple now, right along with Qhemet AOHC and AHTB. :lick:

Whatcha thinkin' about adding to your spray bottle, gal? I see you're in twists, so a spray would be perfect! :grin:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Golden75 My spray mix is so awesomely awesome. I love it. :thumbsup:

You haaave to get some Camille Rose Moisture Butter. Have. To! It's so good! And it's more like a creamy moisturizer than a butter. I love it so much. It's definitely a staple now, right along with Qhemet AOHC and AHTB. :lick:

Whatcha thinkin' about adding to your spray bottle, gal? I see you're in twists, so a spray would be perfect! :grin:

tiffers - Well the rose water & distilled water is heavenly! I did add some fermodyl 619, wasn't this your ish at one point? I was thinking of adding some OHHB, or adding it to another spritz, I think they might be a better idea.

Since I am in the castor challenge, I was thinking of making a cream, butter mix, a little OHHB, AOHC, Castor oil, and something else I can't remember the thoughts that were dancing in my head last night, matter fact, may be use KBB butter love as a base:thought:

tiffers

Well the rose water & distilled water is heavenly! I did add some fermodyl 619, wasn't this your ish at one point? I was thinking of adding some OHHB, or adding it to another spritz, I think they might be a better idea.

Since I am in the castor challenge, I was thinking of making a cream, butter mix, a little OHHB, AOHC, Castor oil, and something else I can't remember the thoughts that were dancing in my head last night, matter fact, may be use KBB butter love as a base:thought:

Golden75 YAS! I used to LOVE me some Fermodyl! I found an unopened vial the other day, just begging to be used. But I'm trying to stay using natural products, so I begrudgingly put it back in the drawer.

Oooh, OHHB would be awesome with rosewater! Softness and moisture for days. :lick:

I love the idea of mixing all kinds of butters and moisturizers with castor oil! I've never tried KBB Butter Love, is it a hard or soft butter? How is it? I was toying with the idea of buying it, just cuz I like the name. :lol:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Golden75 YAS! I used to LOVE me some Fermodyl! I found an unopened vial the other day, just begging to be used. But I'm trying to stay using natural products, so I begrudgingly put it back in the drawer.

Oooh, OHHB would be awesome with rosewater! Softness and moisture for days. :lick:

I love the idea of mixing all kinds of butters and moisturizers with castor oil! I've never tried KBB Butter Love, is it a hard or soft butter? How is it? I was toying with the idea of buying it, just cuz I like the name. :lol:

tiffers - It's a soft butter. It seems like its gotten softer. I'm trying to use it up, had it for a while. I doubt I will repurchase, nothing special about the $16 (or could be more) price tag.

tiffers

I won sample sizes of TLC Naturals' entire line! :yay: The package was just delivered today. I was kind of surprised because I was expecting full sized products :look: but it was free, so I'm not complaining. :grin:

So anywho, I sprayed my hair with Grapefruit Hibiscus Hydrating Spritz, moisturized with Hibiscus Rose Leave-In and Cocoa Shea Decadent Hair Butter. My hair was instantly softened and felt wonderful. I think these products may be something special, especially the butter.

I'm usually anti-anything shea butter, but this... IDK, it's somehow different. I'm GHE'ing tonight and am excited to see how my hair turns out in the morning. Yay! :woot:

ETA: the lank:

www.tlcnaturals.co.uk

My mail lady was fascinated and asked what was in the package because it said "Royal Mail" :giggle: She said she'd never delivered anything from the UK before and thought it was so cool. :)

Last edited:

indarican

ladies, i have a very strange problem i think... i baggied last night with some cantu shea butter leave in and coconut oil. I used a plastic cap under a mesh wig cap under a satin scarf. I woke up this morning expecting to find supple strands and it so wasnt, my ends are still rough just very greasy like everything is coating my strands and not actually penatrating. Can this be caused by build up? or not enough heat- my hair was not damp so im assuming i didnt do much sweating? should i add more baggys? Let me know what yall think.

tiffers

ladies, i have a very strange problem i think... i baggied last night with some cantu shea butter leave in and coconut oil. I used a plastic cap under a mesh wig cap under a satin scarf. I woke up this morning expecting to find supple strands and it so wasnt, my ends are still rough just very greasy like everything is coating my strands and not actually penatrating. Can this be caused by build up? or not enough heat- my hair was not damp so im assuming i didnt do much sweating? should i add more baggys? Let me know what yall think.

indarican Hmmm... have you used that combination of products before? I'm thinking it's the combination of two proteins that did it. Cantu is a light protein that has been known to make folks' hair hard and coconut oil has protein properties, so putting them together may have made your hair rebel.

Did you baggy your whole head or just a ponytail?

When I whole head baggy, I always spray my hair first to dampen it a little bit, then I moisturize. It makes a world of difference.

Also, with baggying, a little goes a very long way. You can get away with using way less than you normally would. :yep:

Oh! This past week, I tried baggying and wasn't as satisfied as I've been with GHE. With GHE, my hair is more wet and moisturized when I wake up. When I baggied, my hair was cold and not as moisturized when I took the bag off. The fact that my hair was cold told me that one baggy wasn't trapping enough heat.

When GHE'ing, I layer three shower caps and top with a scarf. :)

indarican

@indarican Hmmm... have you used that combination of products before? I'm thinking it's the combination of two proteins that did it. Cantu is a light protein that has been known to make folks' hair hard and coconut oil has protein properties, so putting them together may have made your hair rebel.

Did you baggy your whole head or just a ponytail?

When I whole head baggy, I always spray my hair first to dampen it a little bit, then I moisturize. It makes a world of difference.

Also, with baggying, a little goes a very long way. You can get away with using way less than you normally would. :yep:

Oh! This past week, I tried baggying and wasn't as satisfied as I've been with GHE. With GHE, my hair is more wet and moisturized when I wake up. When I baggied, my hair was cold and not as moisturized when I took the bag off. The fact that my hair was cold told me that one baggy wasn't trapping enough heat.

When GHE'ing, I layer three shower caps and top with a scarf. :)
tiffers i baggied my whole head...i think i may have used too much:look:... i did a huge glob of cantu followed by two palm fulls of coconut oil. I have used the two before but not for baggying, yesterday was my first day baggying. i definetly didnt spray it with anything.
My hair was cold too when i woke up this morning. Ill add a couple more baggys.

tiffers

i baggied my whole head...i think i may have used too much:look:... i did a huge glob of cantu followed by two palm fulls of coconut oil. I have used the two before but not for baggying, yesterday was my first day baggying. i definetly didnt spray it with anything.
My hair was cold too when i woke up this morning. Ill add a couple more baggys.

indarican Yeah, you may have used a teensy too much. :giggle:

Next time, spray your hair with water or something first, then top with a little bit of moisturizer/oil.

I'm sure your next try will be more successful. :grin:

LoveBeautyKisses

I honestly wasn't doing this as much as I should but I did noticed e the difference. I know I asked a dumb question but thank u for the tips.