So I got my sulfur powder today............and Im scared!

Qualitee

:look:

The company is Humco and the product is called Sulfur Usp sublimed powder. flowers of sulfur (yellow)

On the label
Used in componding preparations for acne, psoriasis( dry scalp) and severe skin disorders

Warning: Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion seek porfessional help or PCC
etc.

So does anyone use this? And why am I scared?:lachen:

ThePerfectScore

:look:

The company is Humco and the product is called Sulfur Usp sublimed powder. flowers of sulfur (yellow)

On the label
Used in componding preparations for acne, psoriasis( dry scalp) and severe skin disorders

Warning: Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion seek porfessional help or PCC
etc.

So does anyone use this? And why am I scared?:lachen:

id assume u sprinkle it on... or makea paste with water..

ib be scared tooo... dont eat it

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i believe sulfur is water soluable, so you may want to dissolve it in a water based conditioner instead of oil... from my own experience it just clumped up when i put it in straight oil

FocusLady

most ppl mix it with oils as a growth aid. i have tried it with oil Africa's Best. I don't remember if it grew my hair or not. I'm going to try it again real soon. I still have a big thing of it. I put some in hair grease for my mom. She has no hair on her edges. Its working well for her. I just don't know how much sulfur/oil to mix together. Last time I put 1 & 1/2 spoon in the oil bottle.

lexielex

I have the same sulfur powder from Humco, I took a color applicator bottle marked in ounces added the sulfur to about the 1 ounce line then added hot 6 oil to the 7 ounce line shook and let dissolve. I used it every day/every other day off and on for the 8 months. It did help me grow in my left side which was ridicously short and broken.

Qualitee

I have the same sulfur powder from Humco, I took a color applicator bottle marked in ounces added the sulfur to about the 1 ounce line then added hot 6 oil to the 7 ounce line shook and let dissolve. I used it every day/every other day off and on for the 8 months. It did help me grow in my left side which was ridicously short and broken.
So how much growth did you get in a month?:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi Qualitee! :wave: I bought Sulphur Powder (MSM) too. I added in an Oil Mixture I "created" i.e. EVOO, EVCO, Avacado etc... and it all Settled at the Bottom of my Pointy Tipped Bottle.:ohwell:

I have to shake it up every time I use it.

No Problems with it. It does all "settle" in Oil tho', Never thought about adding it to water or conditioner.:perplexed

Brownie518

I have been thinking about getting some for a while but I was scared, too, OP! Don't feel bad!! LOL I was going to get the same one you got, from Amazon. Maybe I will now.

Chameleonchick

Well I would only dissolve it oil and try not to use more than a 10 percent solution. I say that because the pomada de azufre is 10 percent and some ladies had gotten a dry scalp from using it. Maybe start off with a low percentage to see how it works for you first.

fobaker

If you are scared, you should try using a little in whatever you are going to mix it in on a small area of your hair/scalp to make sure you don't get a reaction. Some people get allergic reactions to sulfur.

ladytee2

Well I would only dissolve it oil and try not to use more than a 10 percent solution. I say that because the pomada de azufre is 10 percent and some ladies had gotten a dry scalp from using it. Maybe start off with a low percentage to see how it works for you first.

I mixed mine with oil. I did a 10% solution. I would do a skin test as well. And dont injest it other than that you should be fine.

sydaree

Sulfur-In-Oil Blend

2 tsp Sublimed Sulfur powder
8 oz light oil (ex. Olive, jojoba)
1/2 tsp of Rosemary E.O.
*can include shea butter

Recipe from Mixed Up by Ayesha Fleary

LittleLuxe

Hi Op! I have recently been considering buying some too to super-charge a current sulfur oil mix or make my own and I'm scared too, lol. :look:

I think it's fear of the unknown and that we will accidentally burn our hair right off our scalp.