Does anyone wet wrap their hair?

foxybronx

I wet wrapped my hair yesterday after i washed it, and it came out GREAT! I used keracare foam wrap, and elasta qp design foam then i airdryed it. When i woke up this morning my hair was dry straight and full of body. I had to put 3 rollers in the crown so the top of my head wouldn't look to big and puffy..I think i am going to wet wrap more often. Did anyone who wet-wrapped their hair regularly experience any damage?

kking7777

O.k how did you get it to come out smooth? I can never get my wet wraps to come out as straight as it would with heat?

Julia

Yes for the past few years, this was my prefferred hair style whenever I would go to get a touch up. My reason - because I hated how my kept the roller sections/parts after a touch up. Secondly, my ex-hair dresser would always trim my hair better if she knew I wanted a wrap after a touch up. My ex hair dresser does this well and my hair always came out super straight with alot of body. My wrape would last forever. I have never really tried it wet myself. I have given myself a doobie. I must try this the next time I get a touch up. BTW your hair looks great! What year was the Sept 04_05 pics. taken?

Paris Belle

Hey Foxy!

I've only done this once, but I sat under the dryer...It came out really smooth, sleek and straight..That was a few years ago...

I used a leave-in conditioner to wrap it and then sprayed it with a sheen spray (a girl at school told me to do this..Then I used a hair net over it and sat under the dryer..But this may be a good way to airdry (especially this summer)...

Thanks for bringing this up!

lala

Before my stylist went on permanent disability, she used to wrap my hair and I would leave the salon with it wet and let it air dry. It always turned out beautifully. I wish I could do this myself.

melodee

I wish I could. My wraps are never tight enough and they don't come out smooth. By the way, does anyone have a prblem with the area at the very top of the head. i wind up with extra hair that will not wrap around my head. I guess I'm not doing it right.
Also, my hair takes longer than normal to dry; I'd be air drying for days. But I wish...

serena

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i wind up with extra hair that will not wrap around my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a common problem. One way of getting around it is to put that section of hair in a roller. I usually do it before I start to wrap, but I guess you can do it after, if you prefer. I've never wrapped my hair wet, though; I usually do doobies.

Kamilla16

I could never do a wet wrap
My hair is way too thick to dry overnite and I hate sitting under the hair dryer all day.

I wish I could though

foxybronx

I have never gotten it this smooth before so I think the trick is to use ALOT of wrapsetfoam, my hair stayed slick and in the wrap... I LOVE the keracare foam wrap set lotion! It says, it produces full incredible lustrous wrap set, provids a fabulous hoold, while leavin ghair soft silky and with great shine. Moisutre rich setting and conditioning agents penetrate cuticles, selal and protects each strand, deep conditons and moisturizes during dryer setting, contains natural lubricants that provide protection forom the heat of dryers and thermal styling appliances, provides superior manageability, with remarkable bounce and body Detangles for easy wet combing and effortless combingn, Does not flake, etc..It has water, Glycerin, Proplyene Glycol as the first three ingredients..

foxybronx

Thanks for the compliment Julia

I started the haircare thing December 2001 in the Black Hair care and body yahoo club. So any pics I have taken were from 2002-2003. The problem is I am not sure if i taken that pic in september, or if i posted in september. Either way, the pic was taken last year.

foxybronx

Lala, why couldn't you do it yourself? I am not good doing hair myself, so if i could do it so could you...Why not practice on a day you don't have to go anywhere the next day..just in case it doesn't turn out like you want it to.

foxybronx

Melodee,
I used three rollers in the crown of my hair and then wrap the rest. If not my hair would have been a puffy thick mess at the top and i wouldn't have been able to wrap it right. I think the key to the tightness in my wrap was ALOT of wrapsetfoam..It has no alcohol or any bad ingredients..just conditioning agents.

mirrormirror

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
foxybronx said:
I wet wrapped my hair yesterday after i washed it, and it came out GREAT! I used keracare foam wrap, and elasta qp design foam then i airdryed it. When i woke up this morning my hair was dry straight and full of body. I had to put 3 rollers in the crown so the top of my head wouldn't look to big and puffy..I think i am going to wet wrap more often. Did anyone who wet-wrapped their hair regularly experience any damage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to this if I knew how to, I am so getting tired of rollersets. Foxybronx- how did you hold the wrap? Did you use bobby pins to secure it while wet. When I tried this I could never get it to go around my hair smoothly. I have a lot of hair.

foxybronx

Thanks elliot i will check it out.

kisz4tj..I started as soon as i came home from school, so by the next morning my hair was drying..it also helped since it was kinda hot yesterday.

Kamilla16, that is what i thought too, i have thick hair too (it might not be as thick as yours) but i gave it plenty of time to dry..If that doesn't work you can always sit under a hooded dryer or bonnet dryer to cut your drying time in half.

foxybronx

hi mirrormirror,
Nope i didn't use pins..i did you the roller clips to hold my hair while i was wrapping but i took them out because i didn't want ANY dents in my hair. I think the key to the tightness was the Wrapsetfoam, and maybe the small tooth comb..i didn't actually comb my hair with it..i just smoothed the hair after it was already wrapped.

Leshia

I was just wondering about this as well. My hair isn't even thick and it's never dry by morning! Gosh, I left my rollers in storage, I'll have to buy some more and give this a go ahead again. This was the best when my hair was only ear to chin length.

Mahalialee4

Hi. I wet wrap and airdry. Then wrap every other night,dry, with my leave in spray and dry overnight. My hair gets remoisturized each time I do this and it keeps my hair beautifully. I think this is an excellent way to grow out the hair between shampoos and rinsing. Bonjour.

lala

FoxyBronx,

Thanks for the encouragement. I've tried several times and I start off good, but I can never get my hair really flat. Once it dries, I have the big hair thing going. The stylist that I used to go to had waist length hair and she could wrap my hair in seconds.

I probably need to make smaller sections. I'm still trying to learn how to rollerset also. I'll give it a shot tonight. No work or school tomorrow.

BTW, your hair is slammin'.

elliot

Lala,

Make sure your hair is saturated with water before you start your wrap. This should help you comb through it and smooth it out. HTH
Elliot

Julia

How long did it take for you to dry? Normally it took me more than 2 hours to completely dry at the hairdressers. Much too long for my sanity, but she usually finished it off with a light blow dry and bumped my ends under.

foxybronx

Wow Leshia, your hair must be thick!!! Maybe it will dry faster in the summer, or maybe a hooded/bonnet dryer on cool..I dunno

your welcome melodee!

Thanks Mahalialee4, Thats sounds good! What type of leave-in spray do you use? (Not that i need to buy anymore)

foxybronx

Your welcome lala,
and Thanks for the compliment girl

I am practicing rollersetting too, but wetwrapping is easier and i get straighter results..

foxybronx

I airdryed it, and i started at 6 in the afternoon and when i woke up about 11:00 a.m it was dry...So i am not sure how long it took to dry b/c i fell asleep. I wanna try with my bonnet dryer and time it to see how long it takes (on cool or medium) I will keep you posted.

TinyT

My hair is natural now, but when I had relaxed hair, I did this all the time. I didn't even own a hair dryer. I had mid back hair and it was pretty thick. It usually took eight hours to dry. I would do it the day before. My hair would be very wet, and i would use motions foaming wrap lotion. I wrapped with a wide tooth comb, and after that was done, I would smooth with a smaller tooth comb. Then i would rub moisturizer on it, put on a scarf, and that was it. My hair would come out perfect every time.

Tracy

Armyqt

Thanks for posting this Foxybronx. I haven't tried this in years, but I'm gonna do it today. I'm using the Elasta QP foaming wrap lotion. Wish me luck!