Hits & Misses September 2014

Dposh167

HIT:
Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Cream Shampoo (it's a little pricey, but a really good cream cleanser that suds)

julzinha

I think this is my first time posting one of these, so many of the hits have been hits for a while

HITS
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
  • Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
  • Curl Junkie Curl Rehab- One of the BEST DCs I've ever used, but too expensive
  • Silk Elements Moisture Treatment DC
  • Taliah Waajid Protective Bodifier Mist
  • S-Curl
  • Jessicurl Too Shea and Deep Treatment
  • Elucence MBS

MISS
  • Shea Moisture Shea Butter Mask
  • Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In- Old School Product
  • African Royal Braid Spray
  • Aubrey Organics White Camellia
  • ORS Replenishing Conditioner
  • ORS Carrot Oil Moisturizer
  • Silk Elements Creme Moisturizer
  • Giovanni Moisture Silk Shampoo

Lissa0821

Hit:

Ecostyler Blue gel with hold 5
Ecostyler Clear gel with hold 10

Miss:
Pantene Natural Deep conditioner
Ecostyler pink gel with hold 8

iamyattababe

Hit:

Going into ulta today to use my 20% off coupon before it expired tomorrow. Cashier rung me up along with my rewards card and found out I also had points to use. Picked up the Shea moisture superfruit 10 in 1 conditioner and hair masque. Total went from $23 to $15.. #Winning

hot_pepper96

HIT:
Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Cream Shampoo (it's a little pricey, but a really good cream cleanser that suds)

Dposh167 Does this really work as a clarifying shampoo? I need a shampoo that will really clean my scalp? I wanted to try Redken Cleansing Creme but it contains linalool I am allergic to that. Right now I use baking soda rinse to to clarify followed by acv rinse to bring the ph back down.

Dposh167

Dposh167 Does this really work as a clarifying shampoo? I need a shampoo that will really clean my scalp? I wanted to try Redken Cleansing Creme but it contains linalool I am allergic to that. Right now I use baking soda rinse to to clarify followed by acv rinse to bring the ph back down.

If u really need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of hard buildup then I would suggest getting a real clarifyer with sulfates, etc. so i don't think it's gonna get rid of major buildup. I have a very strict regimen with little to no cones or any other type of ingredient that will build up so a non sulfate poo that claims to clarify is ok for me. But might be too weak for what u need.

caliscurls

Hit:
Using the denman brush in the shower to detangle
Using the widu brush to distribute product after washing/brush
Getting wash day down to 90 min (yaaaay!) by only conditioning for the prescribed time and prepoo with oil only 10 min and lastly skipping the blow dry and doing chunky twists into bun instead

Miss:
Using the denman brush after washing/DC to distribute product

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hit: Using the denman brush in the shower to detangle Using the widu brush to distribute product after washing/brush Getting wash day down to 90 min (yaaaay!) by only conditioning for the prescribed time and prepoo with oil only 10 min and lastly skipping the blow dry and doing chunky twists into bun instead Miss: Using the denman brush after washing/DC to distribute product

I'm working on getting my wash day routine down too :yep:

Beamodel

Hit
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque
- I'm not a SM fan per say but this masque gives my hair so much life.

- Soft, silky, moisturized hair. It feels so amazingly soft I question if I need to add a leave in after rinsing.

Continued Hit
APB leave in pudding, leave in spray & Ayurvedic oil. I CANNOT live without my APB... Holy grail!

hot_pepper96

If u really need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of hard buildup then I would suggest getting a real clarifyer with sulfates, etc. so i don't think it's gonna get rid of major buildup. I have a very strict regimen with little to no cones or any other type of ingredient that will build up so a non sulfate poo that claims to clarify is ok for me. But might be too weak for what u need.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Marula Oil Shampoo. Didn't leave my hair dry, stripped, with residue, matted, tangled or anything else. It is creamy, not to thick to not spread well, you don't need much and it lathers really well. Rinses well also. Left my hair soft and fluffy and I was able to move through it well when I applied conditioner.

Miss: QB Burdock Root cream. My hair was too dry. I shouldn't have to apply that stuff daily. Failed me as a leave-in and moisturizer.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hit
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque
- I'm not a SM fan per say but this masque gives my hair so much life.

- Soft, silky, moisturized hair. It feels so amazingly soft I question if I need to add a leave in after rinsing.

Continued Hit
APB leave in pudding, leave in spray & Ayurvedic oil. I CANNOT live without my APB... Holy grail!
I was so proud of myself for driving past Target too :look:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Continued Hits:

Oyin Hair dew, on dry hair is the bidness.
lakshmi's cupboard amla & honey detangling conditioner, on dry hair, lovely to twist with and moisturize the hair
Cowashing, always keeps my hair soft and supple in the summer

Miss:
Curl Junkie Pattern pusha, flaky white hair. I finally just threw the rest out
Jessicurl Spiralicous, flaky white hair, gave the rest away
The BSS up the street having all the hair goodies. Im surprised I put most of the products back I had in my basket. Next week its on though, lol.
I cant find the Xtreme professional wet gel on ground. Im going to shop a few more local BSS before I give up and order online

AgeinATL

Hit: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Marula Oil Shampoo. Didn't leave my hair dry, stripped, with residue, matted, tangled or anything else. It is creamy, not to thick to not spread well, you don't need much and it lathers really well. Rinses well also. Left my hair soft and fluffy and I was able to move through it well when I applied conditioner.

Miss: QB Burdock Root cream. My hair was too dry. I shouldn't have to apply that stuff daily. Failed me as a leave-in and moisturizer.

Girl, as LONG as I have been trying to find the perfect shampoo, I WILL be picking this up. Thank you for the review!

I didn't like the QB either. I think it is way too heavy for my LP hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Girl, as LONG as I have been trying to find the perfect shampoo, I WILL be picking this up. Thank you for the review! I didn't like the QB either. I think it is way too heavy for my LP hair.

As a first impression I really liked it. I hope it doesn't let me down though. Shampoos usually do.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Continued Hits:
CON Argan Shampoo - moisturizing & helps with detangling
Sulfate shampooing weekly - really work well for my hair
NaturelleGrow Mango & Coconut Water - super hydrating

New Hits:
Half Wig Outre Tammy (thank you EnExitStageLeft)
Half Wig FreeTress Creta Girl (thank you NGraceO)
SSI Okra - didn't leave my hair feeling weird & coarse
Soultanicals Knot So Blue - hydrating spritz

Miss:
Stocking cap for a wig cap - kinda drying

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Forgot about my old school hit

I'm such a product junkie that I shop in my own stash and wonder why I stray. Oh well, lol.

EO Lavender & Coconut Nourishing Cream, softness, slip and a slight hold.The coconut doesnt bother my hair either. I actually have a few of the conditioners which are great as prepoo , cowashes. The hair gel is good too but I dont see it on the website anymore. I hope they didnt discontinue either.

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
SSI Blueberry Cowash - does just what it's supposed to. Like the smell. I like it better than the as I am cowash.

questionable

Miss:
Jane Carter's creamy leave-in styling smoother. Left my hair coated and heavy. Will not purchase again. I was really disappointed because my hair LOVES JC products.

Beamodel

Revisited Hit
HH Soft Coconut Marshmallow

Continued Hit
APB Ayurvedic oil
APB leave in spray

KinkyGenius

HITS
  • Washing my hair every two weeks instead of weekly (who knew?!)
  • Moisturizing with diluted aloe vera juice and sealing with my whipped shea butter; I have been slacking with using my shea butter other than on my ends for like a year because I have soooo many products. Seems like going back to the basics has my hair feeling amazing.*

*I'm not sure if my improved hydration is due to my simplified moisturizing technique or the new Obia DC I used last wash day, but what I do know is that my hair is quite happy :lol:

mrsroberson86

A big hit for me is Shea moisture manuka honey & Mafura oil intensive hydration hair masque and shampoo.
Oyin hair dew
Soultanicals knot butter and marula muru moisture guru
Shea moisture jbco serum, shampoo, and hair masque. Though to me it smells like play doh...it still felt amazing in my hair.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Miss:

PJ's ransacked my local Target for the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey line so now I can't buy any until they restock. :spinning::nono::lol: