BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
Any hair plans this weekend Ladies? I'm thinking about spritzing my braids with some water & sealing it with some olive oil. Right before I put my braids in, I made sure that my hair had a slight of too much protein, so that while I'm in my braids I can just concentrate on my moisture.

LovingLady

pelohello, I am going to be making a large batch of my mud wash with weekend.

Did you do the braids yourself, how long are you going to keep them in?

Duchess007

Any hair plans this weekend Ladies? I'm thinking about spritzing my braids with some water & sealing it with some olive oil. Right before I put my braids in, I made sure that my hair had a slight of too much protein, so that while I'm in my braids I can just concentrate on my moisture.

I'm making more leave-in, moisturizing spray, black soap paste, shower gel, and mud wash. Gonna cowash, DC, and twist or braid up.

Just prepooed with my leave in mix over a sunflower oil/peppermint EO/thyme EO/tea tree mix.

image-3875004523.jpg

image-2247200481.jpg

Update 11a Sunday:

Prepooed overnight under a plastic cap and tee shirt.

image-2692751228.jpg
image-2127770188.jpg

Decided to mud wash instead. Then did a two minute tee shirt turban to dry a little. (Same tee from last night).

image-2298832998.jpg

Now I'm DCing. Used about 1/3 of my mix (32 oz jar, so ~8 oz.)

image-318852199.jpg

image-3798480981.jpg

image-254601190.jpg

Will leave in for a few hours as I'm cleaning up around the house. Using the same bag and tee from last night.

image-444587462.jpg

image-1134468601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Just took down two week old twists (didn't make it to four as they were too scruffy), finger detangled with coconut oil and am prepooing with the coconut oil under a plastic cap over night. Tomorrow I will go ahead and shampoo, do a protein treatment, DC, moisturize seal, and style in some more twists.

BraunSugar

~Current hair length
BSL

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd

Natural

~Goal month
MBL in May

~Current reggie and styling choices
Wash once a week, Cowash 2x a week, oil rinse, & DC.
Low manipulation styles (wash & gos and the occasional twists)

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
Nothing

~Post a beginning picture

(This is the last time I am posting this picture in a challenge :lol: I'm taking a new one in Dec.)

ilong

God's Own
Oiling and massaging my scalp with Liquid gold (sulfur) and treating hair loss with oil blend. Will GHE tonight.
I need a CHEAP but good leave in conditioner!!!

BraunSugar

@BraunSugar - your hair is so thick and beautiful!

What products do you use in your regimen?

Thank you! I have never thought of my hair as thick. Maybe because I am always looking at people whose hair has ridiculous density and comparing it to that.

To clean my hair I use black soap most of the time. I use Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals to detangle. I use coconut oil for oil rinsing. For deep conditioning I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, and I use flaxseed gel, aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth), or Proclaim Curl Activator Gel as a styler.

I don't try too many new products anymore because I'm hair lazy now.

NGraceO

• Current hair length: Hmmm.....Idk. Somewhere between BSB & BSL. I've been really uncertain about where my boundaries fall with this.
  • Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Texlaxed, Doing 6 month stretches (as of now lol)
  • Goal month: I'm actually going for WL by New Years 2014. Therefore, I guess I can guestimate and say I hope to be full MBL by August, at least? lol, you can see how uncertain I am.
  • Current reggie and styling choices: This year is ALL about retaining length for me as I've become more aware this year of habits from the past & present that have prevented me from retaining length.
    Styling Choices: For a good part of the year (esp. around 10-12 wks into stretches) I will be placing a heavy emphasis on protective styling (braids & wigs/full weaves).

Regimen: When in braids, I try to moisturize daily and wash every two weeks. I'm beginning to not like my pattern on neglecting/forgetting my hair when in braids, so I may try to not do them so much. When in wigs, I will be able to detangle, wash, & DC weekly, and moisturize daily, leaving my hair in dooky braids under the wigs. This is the option I aim for (wigs vs braids). Right now i am in the process of researching the most realistic-looking wig options to help me feel comfortable commiting to this long-term. All wig experts, tips are welcome!!
  • What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
    Emphasis on keeping my hair moisturized, put away, and I've also just started using hydrolyzed keratin as one of my leave-ins, so looking forward to any positive results from that.
  • Post a beginning picture

Excuse the rolls, Please. :look:Trying to get rid of those, too. :lachen:

NGraceO

pelohello

Yup, just threw in some impromptu senegalese twists yesterday. After removing another set of twists (two weeks ago) and dealing with my 12 week post hair for only TWO WEEKS :nono:, I was too thru. It was either a full head weave or braids. Turned out braids were cheaper. :grin: I plan on keeping these in until I can afford a great weave closure....Christmas I guess.

jennwantslonghurr

Hi everyone! This is my first hair challenge and I'm so ready lol.

~Current hair length: grazing bsl

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: relaxed 28 weeks post

~Goal month: full bsl (1 inch past bottom of bra after trim) June 30, mbl December 31??

~Current reggie and styling choices: This is my longest stretch right now so I'm braided up in a honey comb and wigging it every 6 weeks. I wash and deep condition in braids weekly; moisturize daily. I take vitamins most days.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?: I want to try the inversion method. I want to increase my water intake and incorporate exercising 5-6 times a week.

~Post a beginning picture: soon as I figure out how to upload from my phone

Attach 233741 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=233741&d=1384663085

Last edited:

Kb3auty

Thanks for the mention. I made it to APL and seem stuck there. I have hih syndrome, and somewhat scissor happy, and have really slaked off on caring for my hair. I also have split ends and ssk's galore. The new year calls for change. I will be back with pics and regi. I ps for 6 wks (to help keep my hand off my hair) with a sew in. just took it down a few days ago. Will be doing an ayurverdic treatment tomorrow, a trim then twist it. I am planning on co-washing bi-weekly, ayurverdic treatment monthly, dc every 6wks. and trim every 6months. Ps with braids or twist for 2months at a time.

HHG

Last edited:

Theresamonet

Current Hair Length Grazing BSL

Regimen:

1. Wash Weekly.
  2. DC (Moisture and Protein) Weekly.
  3. Co-Wash mid week
  4. Moisturize and seal, at least every other day.
  5. Wear buns Mostly
  6. Dust split ends regularly (I have a lot :sad:)

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed/texturized

Goal Month: MBL June 2014 & WL Dec 2014

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?

Laziness. I know all the things I should be doing (I've been here long enough); I just can't be bothered to do them. :nono:

Indecisiveness. Could have been WL-- maybe even HL years ago, had I not Big chopped and transitioned 3-4 times. :rolleyes:

lamaria211

I washed and am now Dcing again today. Yesterday's wash n dc left my hair dry I think I may have had build up so today I used a sulfate poo

NGraceO

I'm making more leave-in, moisturizing spray, black soap paste, shower gel, and mud wash. Gonna cowash, DC, and twist or braid up. Just prepooed with my leave in mix over a sunflower oil/peppermint EO/thyme EO/tea tree mix. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You have gorgeous hair!!

NGraceO

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Duchess007 what is your mudwash recipe? I was going to try Naptural85's when she released that video some months ago, but the price of all of the ingredients deterred me.

Also, I've been intrigued by Terrasentials and Muddle Puddle, but with S&H :nono:

I'm scared I may not like it after spending a lot of :dollar:

Duchess007

Duchess007 what is your mudwash recipe? I was going to try Naptural85's when she released that video some months ago, but the price of all of the ingredients deterred me.

Also, I've been intrigued by Terrasentials and Muddle Puddle, but with S&H :nono:

I'm scared I may not like it after spending a lot of :dollar:

This is my current version (this and others are in my album, if you want to poke around. :))

image-2594953155.jpg

But I also love the way i started making it: bentonite, aloe vera *juice*, honey, peppermint EO, and coconut milk. That's what I used to use, but now I use my liquid black soap as a base because I wanted a lather. Plus I've added more Ayurvedic ingredients, but truly bentonite (and/or rhassoul) is the star.

So if you decide not to go with the longer recipe, try mixing 1/2 cup of bentonite with enough aloe vera juice to make a thick, smooth paste (about 1/4 cup). Then add 2 TBSP of raw honey. Mix in about 1/4 cup of coconut milk and let the mixture sit overnight. The bentonite will swell, so the next day you should have a better idea of the consistency. Add more aloe vera if necessary (to thin to your desired consistency) and your peppermint EO and you're good to go!

I usually massage into my scalp, put on my length, and let it sit on my hair for a few minutes before rinsing out.

You could also use lavender in place of peppermint if you're not a fan of the tingles.

Last edited:

g.lo

I'm making more leave-in, moisturizing spray, black soap paste, shower gel, and mud wash. Gonna cowash, DC, and twist or braid up. Just prepooed with my leave in mix over a sunflower oil/peppermint EO/thyme EO/tea tree mix. Update 11a Sunday: Prepooed overnight under a plastic cap and tee shirt. Decided to mud wash instead. Then did a two minute tee shirt turban to dry a little. (Same tee from last night). Now I'm DCing. Used about 1/3 of my mix (32 oz jar, so ~8 oz.) Will leave in for a few hours as I'm cleaning up around the house. Using the same bag and tee from last night. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Your dc looks delicious! What in it,

g.lo

~Current hair length BSL ~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Natural ~Goal month MBL in May ~Current reggie and styling choices Wash once a week, Cowash 2x a week, oil rinse, & DC. Low manipulation styles (wash & gos and the occasional twists) ~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Nothing ~Post a beginning picture (This is the last time I am posting this picture in a challenge :lol: I'm taking a new one in Dec.) http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/braunsugartv/media/oct-2013.jpg.html
Your hair look like Mbl already

g.lo

Today I I rocked my creta girl wig for the first,thinking I was fly, then my 14 year look at me and says: "mum you look like Rick James"

Last edited:

Duchess007

Today I I rocked my creta girl wig for the first,thinking I was fly, then my 14 year look at me and says: "mum you look like Rick James"

Respect for your 14 year old knowing who he is!