Long Box Braids aka Booty Braids.. Would you rock them?

StarScream35

They look nice but I usually don't put extentions in my hair.

BTW.................anybody remember those crochet braids?

carameldelight87

I think I'm gonna try these next! But I wouldn't use braiding hair, I'd use yarn. Yarn is a bit lighter than Yaki and my yarn twists were a great protective style last month, so I'd definitely go for it. :yep:

nomadpixi

@hairsothick Can you tell me what type of hair you used for the long kinky twists? If anyone else has suggestions for long MBL kinky twist hair I'd appreciate it! TIA

Bumping for more responses. I'd like to know too.

Just decided this afternoon to put in yarn twists myself. So far so good.

Last edited:

ashleymichelle1

BUMP!!!

LOL @ you using my quote in your siggy! :lachen::lachen::lachen:I used to rock these back in the day, but I want to do them now.

I'm going to do these myself. Has anyone on here ever done them there self?

Yes i did mine myself. I just went on youtube and looked at tutorials because it was my first time doing braid exstensions. It took me 3 days to complete but it was very worth it..i've had them in for a month now and i hope i cant get another month out of them. Im on my phone now or i wud post a pic...if you wanna see them i posted a pic last week i believe in the everyday hair thread.

Kerryann

The hair that they're using ous Super X braid hair this thing is very light let's see how I feel about it when I'm done

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

AwesomelyNappy

i have before and would again. i love em. I wish i knew someone to do them for me or i would get them now. thinking of teaching myself.

Kerryann

I love it it was worth the $200

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315052733937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315052733937.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 88
  • uploadfromtaptalk1315052857903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315052857903.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 86

naturalgyrl5199

Nope....I got some WL braids and it took about 13+ hours (with a fast braider)....and um.....yeah I bout lost my mind and my BOO-TAY was mad for being squished and sore and cramped for all those hours....I do these braids once a year (summer time) but next summer I may not...My hair is getting longer and its just too much time to do it....I have to get them small, and my braider shreds the ends to make them a little light weight because all those braids are pretty, but HEAV-AY! My hair is fine and covers almost every square inch of my scalp, and so my braider--being so precise manages to get about 10 or so braids (not micros) in a 1-inch square/patch of hair! Its like, you feel around the top thinking she's almost done.....(Ugh!)

Looking at those pics makes me want to get them again, but just thinking about all those hours sitting down and I'm like unh unh...:nono: I guess that's why I'm down to once a year....:ohwell:

ETA: And OMG I got them almost to the booty one year, and rolled over them, you sit on them...How do ya'll do it?

Last edited:

godsflowerrr

I think that they are beautiful. I'm afraid that they would make my neck hurt from the weight. Maybe I'll try yarn because it is lighter. Love em though!

LongLeggedLife

Im about ready to take mine down, I miss my hair soooooo much!! I'm gonna try to get thru one more month though until the the weather changes a little bit more:(
I have re-done the whole perimeter twice now, but havent done anything to the middle and its grown out and in need of a touchup as well-Im dreading the work, but I'm gonna do a few rows starting tomorrow.

My initial real hair goal was only BSL, but having hair this long has inspired me to push it a little further and try to hit MBL/WL in 2012 b/c the menfolk are really enamored by the length/booty proximityLOL.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I've done these a few times before (I think I have some pics in my fotki) and will probably do it again this winter. I do my own and it usually takes 3-4 days. So I always try to schedule doing them around a holiday so I can get them done. It usually takes me 6-7 packs of hair. I'm thinking of adding some crazy color this time though.

Kerryann

Im about ready to take mine down, I miss my hair soooooo much!! I'm gonna try to get thru one more month though until the the weather changes a little bit more:(
I have re-done the whole perimeter twice now, but havent done anything to the middle and its grown out and in need of a touchup as well-Im dreading the work, but I'm gonna do a few rows starting tomorrow.

My initial real hair goal was only BSL, but having hair this long has inspired me to push it a little further and try to hit MBL/WL in 2012 b/c the menfolk are really enamored by the length/booty proximityLOL.

how long did u keep them in because im not planning to take these suckers down for months it took too long freaking 10hrs +
i will redo my edges and top area if needed but i refuse to take down the whole thing in less than 2 months

adamson

Every time I see this thread pop up, I want these braids.

But I don't like wearing braids at lengths longer than bsl.

LongLeggedLife

how long did u keep them in because im not planning to take these suckers down for months it took too long freaking 10hrs +
i will redo my edges and top area if needed but i refuse to take down the whole thing in less than 2 months
I've had 'em about 2 months now and I said the same thing. I re-did the front after about a month, then last week I took down the whole nape and front edges and re-did that...but that caused me to realize how LONNNNNNG its gonna take to take them down altogether, I am NOT looking forward to that at all.
But yeah, its looking fuzzy and grown out in the cown, so Ima have to tackle that asap if I wanna go another month-I need you to help meLOL--we need a support system;)