BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

GettingKinky

pelohello- I can't see siggy pics on my phone but I want to see your haircut. Can you post a pic please?

I got a serious cut (2-3 inches) in April. I've had my hair flat ironed 3 times since then. Today I noticed that I have a million split ends. I guess my hair does not like heat. I'm hoping it's just because my ends are bonelaxed, but I'm going to start looking for mid shaft splits too.

Kerryann

Oh I'm waiting for my hair to come that I ordered from aliexpress .....keeping fingers crossed I got some good hair...I'm so over my hair. I really need a trim and I just can't be bothered anymore

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello- I can't see siggy pics on my phone but I want to see your haircut. Can you post a pic please?

I got a serious cut (2-3 inches) in April. I've had my hair flat ironed 3 times since then. Today I noticed that I have a million split ends. I guess my hair does not like heat. I'm hoping it's just because my ends are bonelaxed, but I'm going to start looking for mid shaft splits too.

I sure can. Im still trying to figure out how to style it

Attachments

• 20140817_164753.jpg
    20140817_164753.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been using proclaim curl activating gel. I know some of the ladies use eco styler, but that stuff is just way too heavy for my hair. But I do use the eco on my edges. Before I apply the gel, I do apply my leave-in and sealant. I also think that applying gel in small sections is better than applying it in large sections.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Bumping: )

I cowashed my hair yesterday & then flat twisted. It turned out great. To help reduce frizz (it wasnt dry all the way) i used a heat protectant.

You ladies must be on summer vacay:)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140820_200205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140820_200205.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20140820_064335~2.jpg
    20140820_064335~2.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I shampooed my hair today. Used Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Shampoo to clarify. It was much needed. It had almost been two weeks. I didn't have time to DC this morning, so I just did a regular quick condition with AO HSR. Then I used Annabelle's watermelon leave in spray and hair cream. sealed with Hairveda Cocasta Shikakai. Hair feels really nice right now. Not sure how I'll wear it. I do want to get a good dc in soon. I can tell the difference.

Tderham1314

Hair update: I'm a half inch away from bsl! Have 2 1/2 inches until mbl! I'm getting ready to do box braids for September and October. Protective styling and peppermint oil has been a hair saver for me and is really helping me with my hair goals.

ImanAdero

Bought some Target brand hair skin and nails vitamins... We'll see how they work. I'll have to measure before into my weave in 2 weeks... Then I'll see how well they work when I take it down.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hair update: I'm a half inch away from bsl! Have 2 1/2 inches until mbl! I'm getting ready to do box braids for September and October. Protective styling and peppermint oil has been a hair saver for me and is really helping me with my hair goals.

I just started using peppermint oil. I use it in my flaxseed gel. What has peppermint oil done to save ur hair? So far, im loving the eay it tingles on my scalp

Tderham1314

I just started using peppermint oil. I use it in my flaxseed gel. What has peppermint oil done to save ur hair? So far, im loving the eay it tingles on my scalp
Hey, I had a problem with dry scalp and dandruff and it has made that totally non existent for me. Also it's been stimulating my scalp and helps me grow at least 3/4 inch to an inch a month when I spray on my scalp twice a day. I use that and tea tree oil in a spray bottle with water and it's so good! I love the tingling too!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm planning on doing my hair tonight. I keep going back on forth with my hair. One day I'm wearing it out and then the other day I'm wearing a wig. I think I'm just gonna stick with the wig and wear my hair out on the weekend.

With my hair being this length its really hard to style the front.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Today is wash day. I'm dcing right now. I think I will blow dry it a bit and put in some medium/large twists to put back into a bun.

ImanAdero

Think I'm going to wash and do an APHogee 2 step tonight or at least SOMETHING with protein.

Getting a sew in on Wednesday so I want my hair to be as strong/moisturized going into it as possible.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Think I will bun for a couple days. I hope my edges hold up.

ForumRunner_20140901_121047.jpg

ForumRunner_20140901_121054.jpg

ForumRunner_20140901_121102.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Angelicus

I am hoping to finally do a length check today! It has been months. Been a rough road but I am hoping to finally be at full BSL.

jprayze

I have a lot of new growth in my sengalease twists. Today makes a month, but it looks like at least 6 weeks worth of growth. I'm going to take them out soon.

ImanAdero

So... I'm BSL I think. Did a length check before getting this sew in tomorrow. Had my mom take the photo.

And I LOVE this big arse blow out I did. But only Lord knows what I will do with it besides wear it in a bun. But it's fun to play in for the night.

Attachments

• image-3433031906.jpg
    image-3433031906.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 157
  • image-1614278788.jpg
    image-1614278788.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 177

Guinan

Re-Branding
Have any of yall tried the Max hydration method aka MHM yet. It's a bit lengthy but well worth it in the end; especially if your hair is always dry and cant keep moisture.

I now can see my curls without any product:)

ImanAdero

Got my sew in done...

Looking for good retention while in the weave and hoping to be solidly or closer to full MBL by Dec 31.

If I could get a good 2-3 inches I might reach WL by like March/April of next year! (FINALLY lol)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm thinking of dying my hair today. Well rinsing it. I used a semi last week in dark brown, but i want something either in the black or deep red family.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Got my sew in done...

Looking for good retention while in the weave and hoping to be solidly or closer to full MBL by Dec 31.

If I could get a good 2-3 inches I might reach WL by like March/April of next year! (FINALLY lol)

Any pics: )