Bad Salon Experiences

.:Eden:.

When I was relaxed my hair stylist went through a mental breakdown, because her husband was in Afghanistan. She would be paranoid about scents, conversations, people, etc. So we were not allowed to wear perfume or scented lotions, because they would conjour up "spirits" that were after her.

I remember one day while she was doing my hair I wanted to clear my throat, but I knew it would bug her out. I tried to do it on the sneak tip, but she caught me and started questioning who I was talking to. She said that people were after her and that she can't believe I would bring that in her salon. She started spraying the place with hair sheen. Ughhh, this lady went crazy...but my hair was ALWAYS laid.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When I was a kid a lady put me under the dryer with relaxer on my head. She said my hair was too resistant. Luckily my hair didn't fall out afterwards. I didn't have much hair to begin with. Stylists never let it grow past neck length :(

My whole life has been full of bad salon experiences. Everyone is always so rough with my hair and they act as if it is a burden to do it. I thank God I found my Dominican salon, because they truly care about my hair. Their dc and detangling technique is on point. Everyone that goes there has beautiful healthy hair (various lengths and textures).

Stormy

When I was relaxed my hair stylist went through a mental breakdown, because her husband was in Afghanistan. She would be paranoid about scents, conversations, people, etc. So we were not allowed to wear perfume or scented lotions, because they would conjour up "spirits" that were after her.

I remember one day while she was doing my hair I wanted to clear my throat, but I knew it would bug her out. I tried to do it on the sneak tip, but she caught me and started questioning who I was talking to. She said that people were after her and that she can't believe I would bring that in her salon. She started spraying the place with hair sheen. Ughhh, this lady went crazy...but my hair was ALWAYS laid.

Girl Noooo! OMG! That poor lady. And you're lucky she didn't REALLY go off on you!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I didn't find these events "bad", but you might... 1. At my Dominicans uptown... I've been going there since I was a teenager. If you're there at the right time in the afternoon, the Cuchifritos man comes through and takes orders. E'erybody body be up in there grubbing, stylists, customers, shampoo girls... :lol: 2. At my other Dominican spot... I was there late on a Friday night, like, 7-8pm. Do you know these chicks took out bottles and started pouring drinks?? And dancing around!! Salsa'ing with each other and ish!:rofl: Very polite of them to offer me a drink as well. :yep: Which I took. :look: :lol:

What's happened to you in two salons has happened to me in one. On the same day.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I remember one whole in the wall I went to, the girl would do my relaxer so slow that when one side burned she would just spray hair sheen in my hair. ?????? It still burns. You ain't do nothing to get rid of that effect. Ugh.

The last salon I was going to, one of the young girls who would wash my hair would always give me a hard time. She would wash my hair super rough and act like she never heard me. When I started bringing my own products, she would still use theirs and "forget" I bought mine until I mentioned it. It's like, she felt I was insulting her. Meanwhile, the stylist used to love my products. I just didn't get it. She had ultimate shade.

My last experience at the same salon was when my stylist said I tangle my hair up in the middle of head and go to sleep like that. I'm not a kid. I didn't do anything to make my hair fall out. Later, I learned it was because of moisture overload. Had she known anything about hair and not styling, she would still have a client.

felic1

When I was a kid a lady put me under the dryer with relaxer on my head. She said my hair was too resistant. Luckily my hair didn't fall out afterwards. I didn't have much hair to begin with. Stylists never let it grow past neck length :(

My whole life has been full of bad salon experiences. Everyone is always so rough with my hair and they act as if it is a burden to do it. I thank God I found my Dominican salon, because they truly care about my hair. Their dc and detangling technique is on point. Everyone that goes there has beautiful healthy hair (various lengths and textures).

I am sorry to hear that a stylist would put you under a dryer with perm in it. Your hair is very pretty.

BeautifulNameX

Ugh mine just happened Sunday. My cousin was talking about how shes been getting her hair trimmed regularly and it grew so I said to myself hmm I Haven't had a trim in a while I need one sap. So I go to mastercuts in Arcadia which I'm new to the city. I go to mastercuts at home all the time and they do awesome. Anyway I go there and have her condition and flat iron it (it's an Asian lady) and this chick blows it out without detanging it no comb attachment and she sprays this alcohol filled spray on it and proceeds to flat iron my tangled shrunk up hair. Ugh I hate I didn't leave and to make matters worse. She did a horrible job trimming I still have all my splits and knots. Probably more

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Ugh mine just happened Sunday. My cousin was talking about how shes been getting her hair trimmed regularly and it grew so I said to myself hmm I Haven't had a trim in a while I need one sap. So I go to mastercuts in Arcadia which I'm new to the city. I go to mastercuts at home all the time and they do awesome. Anyway I go there and have her condition and flat iron it (it's an Asian lady) and this chick blows it out without detanging it no comb attachment and she sprays this alcohol filled spray on it and proceeds to flat iron my tangled shrunk up hair. Ugh I hate I didn't leave and to make matters worse. She did a horrible job trimming I still have all my splits and knots. Probably more

An Asian woman? :nono: I'm sorry.

fatimablush

The and only time I had a Dominican blow out..my scalp was burnt it itched and Hur when I scratched..my sis said I would scratch in my sleep and I couldn't get rid of the burnt hair smell. It was in my car and pillows. That was in 2009. My last visit to a salon. I saw a cute hairstyle I want...but I am so paranoid about stepping foot into a salon.

fatimablush

Another one.

I usually did my own relaxers. Well one night I did my own relaxer and went to the salon the next day for my cut. Well the stylist said you need a relaxer. I knew I didnt. My relaxer was flawless. She said I needed it for my hair to lay down. Well..she claimed to touch it up..you know to make it look better...burned the heck out of me...no hair was cute...but I couldn't comb my hair...it hurt too much. That was in 1999.

fatimablush

A friend told me this crazy story that happened in a GA salon. She was sitting getting her hair done and a girl came in a threw acid on another girl who was getting her hair done bc she was messing with "her" man. They shut down the salon and it became a crime scene. Apparently the girl went to jail for several years bc of it.

This is another reason why I don't step foot in salons.

If only I knew how to cut my own hair.

fatimablush

Me and my sis were supposed to be on a fashion show for back to school season. It was a big production. Well this white man did our natural hair....our hair looked a HAM. When our mother came to pick us up...The look on her face....she couldn't even look at us...so we cried. She spent the morning relaxing our hair and rollers setting our hair. Our hair looked nice for the fashion show. The thing was...The stylist said he could blow dry our hair with a comb attachment like our regular stylist. Well he lied. My grandmother had that I told you so look.

Last edited: