Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I did something completely out of my comfort zone and it paid off! Normally after washing my hair, I always spray my glycerin mix because I feel it's the absolute 1st step in my M&S routine as the only way to get soft hair (but we all know the problem with glycerin, so twistouts NEVER last. But I felt I had no choice but to use glycerin mix. I hadn't been able to achieve soft hair any other way. But even though it was soft, it was always pouffy, never ever staying defined. So I felt like I had to choose between soft and moisturized OR defined, never both!

But this time I did something that yielded me the results I've been searching for since the 1st time I went natural -- soft, touchable, non-greasy, moisturized and defined hair holding a nice curl/wave (via twist out). This time after washing I skipped the glycerin mix completely and sprayed my hair with avj only and let my hair completely dry stretched. Then I used only Cantu Shea Butter per section on my bone dry hair to do a flat twist out. I applied enough that my hair felt barely, slightly damp. Today my hair is so pretty and soft and moisturized and defined and not frizzy and not pouffy and great, just great! I got tons and tons of compliments today and friends and family were touching my hair and telling me it's so soft and pretty. My DH couldn't stop complimenting my hair throughout the whole day!

This is such a huge deal for me. I've NEVER gotten these kind of results. I always thought I'd have to find my holy-grail-super-special-secret combination of unicorn tears and special sauce to get my hair to feel like this and the solution has been sitting in a $5 jar of this stuff all the time. And I never got these kind of results when I used Cantu Shea Butter on wet/damp hair., whether it was wet/damp from water only or from my glycerin mix. I'm sooooo excited! Ya'll have no idea! :yay: Actually, I guess ya'll do!

JosieLynn

have any of the 2015 hair challenges started? I've finally gotten back to 2 in from BSL after a terrible salon "trim" and i'm ready to start tracking my progress to WSL again

PureSilver

I had a dream I was trying out a new trimming technique and I ended up cutting one side all the way up to my ear. I was so mad. I was so relieved when I woke up lol

Many of us at some point or another in our hair journey have had the scary hair setback dream. At least it wasn't real.

have any of the 2015 hair challenges started? I've finally gotten back to 2 in from BSL after a terrible salon "trim" and i'm ready to start tracking my progress to WSL again
@JosieLynn you're a few months early, check back in November.... :grin:

Last edited:

ImanAdero

I realized, I haven't flat ironed my hair all year. I've had my hair blown out because I've gotten it braided... But I don't think it's been flat ironed.

I think the last time I flat ironed was November of last year and I'm gonna try to make it to November of this year too.

Hopefully I was able to get some good growth although last time I got it blown out, she had to trim it.

Oh well. Starting to focus more on health than length. Hopefully WL will come with that.

gabulldawg

I don't think I'm renewing my subscription....
I wasn't going to until I decided to transition. I signed up for another year. After that we will see. This place has really changed for the worse. But the hair info can be valuable.

Last edited:

ImanAdero

Found a way to use my new Eco Styler stuff. Going to use it for my curly weave!

I don't want to use my "good products" LMBO, so wih the weave it is!

spellinto

I want to try the Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste but I keep hearing that the hold does not last....is this true? I'll prob end up buying it to try it myself but if the hold doesn't last I'll go back to using Softee

natural2008

^^ - the hold didn't last for my 4z squared hair. I've seen it work for some people on YouTube though. Also it kind of flakes a tad bit. Well Not flake but it shows up in the hair a bit. It's strange.

veesweets

I want to try the Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste but I keep hearing that the hold does not last....is this true? I'll prob end up buying it to try it myself but if the hold doesn't last I'll go back to using Softee

Like all day laid hair? No, but it still remains "neat" looking if that makes sense (for me anyway). I find that all it takes is a little water and smoothing to reactivate it so it's not something I need to apply a lot of everyday, just a little after the first day

claud-uk

So Kimye in town staying at the same hotel as us and suddenly we can't get Butler or Room Service smdh. How is this hair related? Well with all the paps outside I need to make sure mines is looking fly before I step outside...lol.

ImanAdero

Currently sitting with this target bag on my head as deep conditioning.

I am getting my sew in tomorrow so I'm debating on it I should blow out my hair so tomorrow she can save time... Or if I should just let her wash it again tomorrow...

The main thing I'm doing is a protein treatment so my hair will be nice and strong while in the sew in... I don't know... Hmmmm...

For the record I trust my stylist, she hasn't don't me wrong and always thinks about the health of my hair... It just takes so much time because I have so much hair and I'm thinking if I blow out my hair, it'll save me time tomorrow...

atlien11

1. On my second bottle of Reservage Keratin Booster. Seems to be doing some thangs but i need to combat the oily skin its producing. Oil production is great for less wrinkles down the road, but... not so great on my makeup :ohwell:

2. Ill be applying Miconazole on my scalp nightly but im finding that it causes tangles. Any manipulation to my scalp causes tangles. Im wondering how everyone else is oiling their scalp or massaging at night without this problem :sad:

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

1. On my second bottle of Reservage Keratin Booster. Seems to be doing some thangs but i need to combat the oily skin its producing. Oil production is great for less wrinkles down the road, but... not so great on my makeup :ohwell:

2. Ill be applying Miconazole on my scalp nightly but im finding that it causes tangles. Any manipulation to my scalp causes tangles. Im wondering how everyone else is oiling their scalp or massaging at night without this problem :sad:

atlien11 What method are you using to oil your scalp? Do you part your hair? I use a little bottle with a twist nozzle on the end.

JaneBond007

At a crossroads. I don't want CURLS! I want it straight. I could get the Japanese straightening method but how would I maintain it? It's so very expensive. My back reverts with relaxers and BKT only lasts a little bit and it's tedious to keep applying it. What would I do with the new growth in a Japanese? Learn how to do it correctly at home? Sigh. I could definitely say CIAO to curls. Do I grow it at this point with BKT and then transition to Japanese? Relaxer is on the ends and I'm in the phase of grow-out from shaved bald. Sigh. I just want to not stress over hair.