Hair Vitamins

Oneprettypa

Hey Ladies!!!

Which hair vitamins are you using and have you experienced any noticeable growth? I've been taking a biotin pill daily for a few months now and I haven't really noticed a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

thatscuteright

OT: You are really pretty :yep:

I take Priteva and its doing well for me. I have noticed clearer skin, and consistent good growth. Hair feels stronger too .
I have taken GNC Nourishair in the past and it was pretty good too. Try adding MSM to your regimen, that should help as well. What is the brand of Biotin that you are taking?

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Currently using Viviscal. They 'say' you must use them at least 6 months....:look:

I'm not there yet.

I made a commitment that I would give them a year.

yoleee

Hey Ladies!!!

Which hair vitamins are you using and have you experienced any noticeable growth? I've been taking a biotin pill daily for a few months now and I haven't really noticed a difference.

Biotin by itself only made my hair softer but I didnt really see any growth. I tried hairfinity but it made me shed like crazy. I am taking hair one right now. Its does nothing. I am looking forward to seeing what the other ladies recommend.

Oneprettypa

Thank you :) :)

I've never heard of Priteva so I'll definitely look that one up! I used Hairfinity while I was in Iraq and my hair shed like crazy too. I'm sure the environment had a lot to do with that though. I'll look up MSM too. Thanks for the suggestions!!! I'm wearing sew ins for the next few months and I want to be consistent with the vitamins. Right now the biotin I'm taking is the OTC from WalMart and I'm not so sure it's making a difference~

karenjoe

Biotin doesnt do that much...
viviscal is expensive.. I tried one pkg.....will go back to it when i finish
Collagen +C (it was suggested)
I'm gonna take iron also....
I can do with out the facial hair..

thatscuteright

I've never heard of Priteva so I'll definitely look that one up! I used Hairfinity while I was in Iraq and my hair shed like crazy too. I'm sure the environment had a lot to do with that though. I'll look up MSM too. Thanks for the suggestions!!! I'm wearing sew ins for the next few months and I want to be consistent with the vitamins. Right now the biotin I'm taking is the OTC from WalMart and I'm not so sure it's making a difference~

Country life makes a good biotin.

Oneprettypa

Iron is good for your hair because it increases blood circulation to your scalp, but be careful, it can constipate you and no one wants that! :)

I'll look into that brand and the MSM. I've heard if viviscal but I never tried it~

jprayze

Oneprettypa said:

How much biotin do you take per day?

Nice & Wavy

I take Vitaminshoppe's Hair,Skin and Nails, MSM, Vitamin C, MultiVitamin, and Biotin. I also take Omega Fish Oil.

I used this combination in the past and my hair boomed! I started taking the MSM 1000 first, now I'm up to 2000. You have to take this slowly or you will detox fast and have crazy dreams...don't want that, trust:lol:. You are suppose to take MSM with Vit C...it causes the MSM to work better.

I take 6,000mcg of Biotin everyday. Biotin is amazing and works wonders on your hair, especially when you have a good blend of other vitamins. My baby hairs are off the chain:lol:!

I take my vitamins during the day...gives me great energy.

Americka

Biotin - strengthens my hair and nails, clears my skin

I take other non-hair supplements - Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc and Borage Oil. I take fish oil when I remember.

TheMenAllPause

I take 5,000 mcg's of biotin and flax seed oil every night, I have done this for about 4 years. I have recently added Viviscal to this and my hair and skin are thriving. I can def see what all the hype is about, Viviscal is the best hair vitamin I have ever used.

CurlyMoo

I'm currently taking Biotin 10,000mcg Maximum Strength by Natrol. Also iron, folic acid, and a multivitamin. So far it's going well.

I've received the best visible results from Nioxin. But it's too expensive to be consistent and I'm not getting enough water and exercise to keep my skin from looking horrible. So it's a no go for now. I had to keep dying my hair more often, it was frustrating yet exciting because within a week of dying my hair I had visible greys. And another positive would be that it continued to give results weeks after I stopped taking the vitamin.

Ajna

I take Phyto hair and nail supplements, now I am also taking them with a liquid vitamin, co q 10 and omega 3. But in the past I had taken them alone, when I first started these it was for my skin I was breaking out a lot as for my hair at first I thought it was just ok then I noticed my hair was growing my not super fast a steady 1/2 to 3/4 inch a month. When I stopped for about six months and I noticed just how much they did for me, I had a lot more shedding from the roots with more breakage with long strands not short ones and my hair was growing much slower, honestly I am not even sure I made any progress when I stopped. Oh and I should mention when I was taking these I was incredibly stressed out and I had started smoking again water was nonexistent it was caffeine only, so hey really it could have worked better.

If you try this one it does take about 45 days before you start noticing anything and the pills are small and easy to swallow which I like a lot.

iri9109

the best hair vit i've taken was definitely nioxin. i heard they reformulated and increased the price, but i havent really looked into it. i was thinking of trying viviscal but it is really expensive. i'm scarred from taking biotin pills, i couldnt deal with the excess hair & skin probs, although nioxin does contain biotin too. i think i was taking too high of a potency biotin, but im too freaked out to try a lower dose lol

currently i take:

sundown naturals concentrated wholefood multi
sundown naturals perfect iron (or my prescribed iron pills)
sundown naturals vitamin d adult gummy
sundown naturals vitamin c

i also have msm (i forgot the brand) that i want to start taking again, as well as an omega 3-6-9 also from sundown naturals. i'm on the look for a good hair/skin nails vitamin that doesnt contain too much biotin. viviscal really appealed to me b/c of the lack of biotin.

Fhrizzball

Biotin doesnt do that much...
viviscal is expensive.. I tried one pkg.....will go back to it when i finish
Collagen +C (it was suggested)
I'm gonna take iron also....
I can do with out the facial hair..

I saw Viviscal on Amazon for $30ish awhile back so you can order from there as well.

Seamonster

New Chapter Prenatal was the business for my hair, I didn't need anything else. But it was too expensive.

I am now getting good results with seaweed. My hair seems to growing pretty well and my nails are super strong on seaweed tea. Someone gave me alive raw code to use them up, they are good too. I am going back to seaweed after I finish because it is cheaper.

lamaria211

New Chapter Prenatal was the business for my hair, I didn't need anything else. But it was too expensive.

I am now getting good results with seaweed. My hair seems to growing pretty well and my nails are super strong on seaweed tea. Someone gave me alive raw code to use them up, they are good too. I am going back to seaweed after I finish because it is cheaper.

This is what I took for my pregnancy and you're right they're pricey it cost me about 500$ for a nine month supply

Shadiyah

I was taking collagen but now I take Natasha Somalia intense therapy and my hair is fuller and I am waiting on the length. They are $50.00 for two month supply and it is why I choose them over Viviscal.

thatscuteright

I'm currently taking Biotin 10,000mcg Maximum Strength by Natrol. Also iron, folic acid, and a multivitamin. So far it's going well.

I've received the best visible results from Nioxin. But it's too expensive to be consistent and I'm not getting enough water and exercise to keep my skin from looking horrible. So it's a no go for now. I had to keep dying my hair more often, it was frustrating yet exciting because within a week of dying my hair I had visible greys. And another positive would be that it continued to give results weeks after I stopped taking the vitamin.

the best hair vit i've taken was definitely nioxin. i heard they reformulated and increased the price, but i havent really looked into it. i was thinking of trying viviscal but it is really expensive. i'm scarred from taking biotin pills, i couldnt deal with the excess hair & skin probs, although nioxin does contain biotin too. i think i was taking too high of a potency biotin, but im too freaked out to try a lower dose lol

currently i take:

sundown naturals concentrated wholefood multi
sundown naturals perfect iron (or my prescribed iron pills)
sundown naturals vitamin d adult gummy
sundown naturals vitamin c

i also have msm (i forgot the brand) that i want to start taking again, as well as an omega 3-6-9 also from sundown naturals. i'm on the look for a good hair/skin nails vitamin that doesnt contain too much biotin. viviscal really appealed to me b/c of the lack of biotin.

If you like Nioxin, you should check out Priteva. The ingredients are very similar. Thats what drew me to them.

Priteva ingredients:

Serving Size : 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60

Vitamin A: 2 mg
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Vitamin D: 3 mg
Vitamin B1: 2 mg
Vitamin B2: 2 mg
Niacin: 25 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 25 mg
Biotin: 5 mg
Zinc: 3 mg
Vitamin B 6: 2 mg
Folic Acid: 200 mcg
Vitamin B 12: 6 mcg

Propietary Blend 300mg

Aloe Vera, Stinging Nettle, Saw Palmetto, Rosemary, Fenugreek, Oat, Sarsaparilla Root, Pygeum, Bladderwrack, CoQ10, Tocotrienols, Phosphatides
Other ingredients: Rice flour

Nioxin ingredients:

CurlyMoo

If you like Nioxin, you should check out Priteva. The ingredients are very similar. Thats what drew me to them.

Priteva ingredients:

Serving Size : 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60

Vitamin A: 2 mg
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Vitamin D: 3 mg
Vitamin B1: 2 mg
Vitamin B2: 2 mg
Niacin: 25 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 25 mg
Biotin: 5 mg
Zinc: 3 mg
Vitamin B 6: 2 mg
Folic Acid: 200 mcg
Vitamin B 12: 6 mcg

Propietary Blend 300mg

Aloe Vera, Stinging Nettle, Saw Palmetto, Rosemary, Fenugreek, Oat, Sarsaparilla Root, Pygeum, Bladderwrack, CoQ10, Tocotrienols, Phosphatides
Other ingredients: Rice flour

Nioxin ingredients:

Are the results similar to Nioxin?

CurlyMoo

With consistency my results have been great so far. I have not tried the new formula for Nioxin though.

When you say great can you tell me what those results were?

What are people saying about the new formula and what was wrong with the old one?

Thanks

thatscuteright

When you say great can you tell me what those results were?

What are people saying about the new formula and what was wrong with the old one?

Thanks

When I am consistent with taking the vitamins I am able to get 1.5-2 inches is what I have noticed.
However this includes increased water intake and moderate exercising as well.

I am not sure what people are saying about the new formula, except that they changed it.
I cant really verify if its good or nor not.

baddison

natural for good
I have been taking Hairfinity vitamins since January, and have noticed great results. Sadly because I neglected my regular trimms...I have cut off alot of my progress. But I'm encouraged that with Hairfinitly I'll be back to BSL in no time. :yep::yep:

thatscuteright

I remember sometime ago that GNC used to carry a knock off to Viviscal and that was really good as well. Not sure if they still carry it. It contained marine protein.

ilong

God's Own
When I am consistent with taking the vitamins I am able to get 1.5-2 inches is what I have noticed.
However this includes increased water intake and moderate exercising as well.

I am not sure what people are saying about the new formula, except that they changed it.
I cant really verify if its good or nor not.

Proctor & Gamble hasn't released the new Nioxin formula yet!
Check out this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=640641&highlight=nioxin

If suppliers are saying it is the new formula - they no speak the truth!!:look: