Question about Aphogee

T

Tee

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for several days now, and thought I'd de-lurk to ask my first question.

I used Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair for the first time on Saturday. The results were great, except for the knots and tangles it caused in my crown area. I actually had to cut some out :-(
For the ladies who have used the Aphogee Treatment, how do you arrange your hair once the Aphogee is in it? Do you just pile it on top of your head, wrap it, or what? I piled my hair on top of my hair and then dried it under a hood dryer, and I think this may have been why I got the knots and tangles. Does anybody have any suggestions so I don't make this mistake again?

Thanks!

Tee

Kiadodie

Hi Tee and welcome to the board. When I use it I usually part and comb my hair into 4 parts. Then I put the aphogee on each section and gently comb each section and sit under the dryer with my hair out so it will completely dry for about 20-25 min.

miss_a

Hey Tee!
When Aphogee is in the hair, after saturating the hair strands as Kia suggested--DON'T distrub the treatment. Just as you probably experienced from this past weekend the treatment makes your hair seem really brittle--it's just working that Aphogee magic!
A.

henrilou

Hi. Basically my stylist puts the Aphogee through my hair and I have alotta thick kinky hair... Sort of piles it on my head and covers it with a plastic cap. THEN after rinsing it out I get another conditioner to help with comb-out...

Norma

I pile my hair on top of my head. The key is to stand under the shower and let the water do most of the work when rinsing. DO NOT COMB HAIR while Aphogee is in. Then I use Aphogee Balance Moisturizing Condition. I've used it for almost a year and haven't had any problem...I used this the week before I get my relaxer, which helps to strengthen the hair before processing.

LondonDiva

I personally put it in my hair and sweep in backwards and make a bum type shape with my hair and sit under the dryer. I comb it lightly through as soon as I apply it. I may add 2-3 bobby pins in the back to tuck under. When top part is hard and dry I take out the bobby pins and let the heat set the rest of my hair.

I wash it out with my hair back under the running water of the shower also.

T

Tee

Henrilou,

I thought you weren't supposed to put a cap on your hair when using Aphogee. Have you ever let it dry on your hair? Do you get the same results when you use a cap over it?

Thanks,

Tee

SVT

posted by Tee:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
For the ladies who have used the Aphogee Treatment, how do you arrange your hair once the Aphogee is in it? Do you just pile it on top of your head, wrap it, or what? I piled my hair on top of my hair and then dried it under a hood dryer, and I think this may have been why I got the knots and tangles. Does anybody have any suggestions so I don't make this mistake again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I comb the treatment downward through wet hair. Then, once I think I've combed it through each strand, I let my hair hang like that and place a towel on my shoulders to catch the drips. I sit under the dryer until the treatment had dried. No caps, no piling on top of the head. Once the treatment had dried into my hair, I rinse with warm water then apply my conditioner.

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I comb the treatment downward through wet hair. Then, once I think I've combed it through each strand, I let my hair hang like that and place a towel on my shoulders to catch the drips. I sit under the dryer until the treatment had dried. No caps, no piling on top of the head. Once the treatment had dried into my hair, I rinse with warm water then apply my conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how my hairdresser does it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif