Aloe Vera users

Brownie

I like aloe in haircare products, and I know some people use it around here. In Sam's today, I saw a gallon of 100% Aloe Vera juice. On the label it said that it didn't have anything added (sugar, thickners etc...), and it was only $5 for a gallon. Does anyone use aloe vera in a juice form?
I was thinking of adding it to my glycerin, water, leave-in conditioner and S-curl mixture. What do you think?

godzooki

I think Sherrylove uses the aloe vera gel with water as a moisturizer. hopefully she will reply. just in case she does, Sherrylove, I saw the aubrey Organics aloe vera gel and it said to refridgerate after opening for best results. do you do this? do you refridgerate your aloe vera/ water mix? also, it didnt look very gelish. more like a slippery liquid. is that the correct one? sorry, I just realized this might be taken as a post hijack. I also want to know cause I'm concidering adding some to my water/leave in mix.

canuck

rememeber, if its the fresh aloe vera you will need a preservative (grapefruit seed extract) or you'd have to leave it in the fridge or else it will go 'off'.

Brownie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
canuck said:
rememeber, if its the fresh aloe vera you will need a preservative (grapefruit seed extract) or you'd have to leave it in the fridge or else it will go 'off'.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like too much trouble!