~Hits & Misses~August 2011

Coffee

Still a big hit: KeSari Indian Hair Oil - I love this oil!!
Oyin Honey Dew LI
Enso's anything

kupenda

Accidental hit

I'm in the use up your stash challenge so I've been trying to rid myself of the last little bit of Vatika Frosting I have left. So in the shower I rinsed my hair and applied the frosting. Then rinsed and applied my conditioner. And to get rid of the stuff faster I put more frosting on top of the conditioner then proceeded to wash up. Then I rinsed te frosting and conditioner out gently. My hair felt really soft. I thi k what I did is called an oil rinse. But I was too heavy on the oil lol. I will be doing this again with a few minor tweaks cuz it's great on this unruly ng

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Accidental hit

I'm in the use up your stash challenge so I've been trying to rid myself of the last little bit of Vatika Frosting I have left. So in the shower I rinsed my hair and applied the frosting. Then rinsed and applied my conditioner. And to get rid of the stuff faster I put more frosting on top of the conditioner then proceeded to wash up. Then I rinsed the frosting and conditioner out gently. My hair felt really soft. I thi k what I did is called an oil rinse. But I was too heavy on the oil lol. I will be doing this again with a few minor tweaks cuz it's great on this unruly ng

I'm stealing this and doing it tonight. Thanks! :lol:

LadyMacgyver

HIT:

Naturalista Cosmetics Aloe Flax DC Herbal Gel
(my curls instantly pop when I add this stuff)

HE LTR (this stuff can even stand up to an indigo treatment and we all know how Indigo can be so drying)

kupenda

tiffers and Shay72 ladies don't be too heavy at the end lol. I used waayy too much at the end but it really is nice. All this time I thought my hair hated coconut oil. When it actually likes it, but only when there's heat in the air. I will use my frosting for the rest of the summer and repurchase it in the spring :) I'm gonna see if I can post pics of this braidout I did as a result of the frosting wash

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Fab_Nikki

New Hit:

Juicy Leave in by Naturalista Cosmetics (best twist ever 4 days and still going strong which has never happened)

Continued Hit:

One n Only products (the whole line)

Misses: Redkens All Soft conditioner. Did nothing for my hair.

.:Eden:.

Miss:

Oyin Hair Dew :sad:

I've tried sealing with Blue magic, coconut oil, shea butter, oil and blue magic, but nothing locks in the moisture.

I'm going to try castor oil next, if that doesn't work I don't know.

CurlyLawGal

Miss: Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

In all fairness I guess I should have read reviews on this before buying. It def isn't a pomade :nono: the way I think of a one. I thought it would tame my edges. So, it could be a hit for another purpose.

Continued Hit: Darcy's Leave-In :lick:

winona

[USER=107005 said:
Fab_Nikki[/USER];13951445]New Hit:

Juicy Leave in by Naturalista Cosmetics (best twist ever 4 days and still going strong which has never happened)

Continued Hit:

One n Only products (the whole line)

Misses: Redkens All Soft conditioner. Did nothing for my hair.

I tried the Redken All Soft too and it went right back to Ulta the next day

Fab_Nikki

Miss:

Oyin Hair Dew :sad:

I've tried sealing with Blue magic, coconut oil, shea butter, oil and blue magic, but nothing locks in the moisture.

I'm going to try castor oil next, if that doesn't work I don't know.

.:Eden:. I've tried using my Oyin Hair Dew during the summer and it hasn't worked for me either. During the winter it was a staple product. I'm going to revisit in the fall/winter.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
HIT :up:
CONAIR Perfect Pony
I like this little tool. I only wish it was black and not white. I wonder if it can be "dyed" or something. I have really fine, thin hair and this allows me to make my pony tail look thicker. It's easy to use too.

Here is a review from a blogger, Drop Dead, Gorgeous.

Avaya

MISSES

Enso Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream
Enso Sweet Honey Hibiscus Leave In Conditioner
Enso Sea Buckthorn & Horsetail Moisture-Rich Daily Conditioner
Enso Olive & Honey Hydrating Hair Butter
Enso Aloe & Marshmallow Moisturizing Hair Milk
Original Moxie Everyday Leave-in™ Detangling Conditioner
Original Moxie Lux Locks™ Styling & Shine

Loves Harmony

MISSES

Enso Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream