How much is good shedding?

lshevonne

I washed my hair yesterday and noticed I'm going to have to find a good detangler because my hair had some tangles and I think this is why I had so much hair in my comb. I'd say anywhere from 40 - 60 strands. This is just a guess. I washed and rinsed in the shower. I thought I was doing so well and then this happened. It is far less hair than I had in the past. How do you know when the shedding is too much? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tara

Wow this is a great question!
I found this at http://www.healthvilleusa.com/messages/9.html and the amount that she lists is the general consensus for what is normal.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Most men and women lose some hair as they age, but the baldness pattern seen in many men is hereditary and inevitable.
Everyone sheds hair every day - 50 to 100 strands per day is normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as trying to determine how much is too much, it's hard to say. I think if your hair looks noticibly thinner, especially around the crown areas, if you start to see more scalp etc.

If your hair looks thinner to you, the best thing to do is to go to your doctor and get some blood work done to make sure your thyroid and everything is else is functioning properly.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lshevonne

Thanks for the site and the info. I only seem to get this much hair when I shampoo. I don't even get half this much on a day to day bases.