Here is a direct quote from the site:

Mahalialee4

Direct Quote from site:
Natural-Laxer™ Relaxer is a chemical-free hair relaxer and conditioning system. It naturally relaxes, detangles, and strengthens hair for a natural silky/smooth look. No odor. No burning. Safe for children and the entire family.

Relaxer is a gradual relaxation process which gently relaxes and strengthens the hair. Since it is 100% natural, permanent color can be used on the same day if desired. It can be used over chemical perms and is a great transition product used between curly and straight perms. It is known to stop hair breakage and enhance hair growth. Natural-Laxer™ Relaxer is in powder form packaged in 28 gram packets which consists of only one herbal imported evergreen plant which has been ground into a fine powder. Not a mixture of herbs- It is one pure herbal hair relaxer and conditioner. INGREDIENTS: Daphne Gnidium, an evergreen which is indigenous to Africa and the Mediterranean. Chemical-free.

Common use: Natural relaxer- 100% Natural/herbal and chemical-free. Herbal strengthener; detangler. Safe for women, men, children, teens. Gentle on scalp. Can be left on the hair for longer periods of time if desired; can be used as frequently as desired.

Suggested Directions: Shampoo, rinse and towel dry hair. Pour one complete package of Natural- Laxer into a mixing bowl. Mix with 8 oz. of hot water. Apply to hair. Rinse, shampoo & condition. (Additional instructions & suggestions included with packet).

Manufacturer's Telephone Number: 800-877-9225
Now if there are ANY ADDITIVES AND CHEMICALS IN THIS would this not be false advertizing? I would think they would be cautious to avoid this, but does the adding of the water make this into a chemical product? Jade... any chemists out there? Bonjour.

Jenai

Not a chemist, but this product sounds VERY similar to RIO and COPA. I believe that many women experienced damage using RIO on their hair, and for many the COPA just didn't work. I would be very suspicious of any product that claims to naturally straighten hair without chemicals. Lye is also found in nature but it is still a chemical -- a very dangerous chemical in the wrong hands. Just my 2 cents.

hada

Hi Mahalialee4,

In speaking of "relaxing" the hair. I have finally tried henna. I am awestruck by it. It did loosen the curl a bit and is suppose to texturize the hair with each application.
I will stick with henna for highlight and softeness. Oh! BTW, when I rinsed it out, it was an extremely smooth silky soft feeling, I didn't want to apply a conditioner to it. The brand I used was RAINBOW Persian henna. And added avocado oil and rosemary to it for shine and moisture. My newgrowth (I am growing out black hair color) is still a beautiful dark off black or dark brown but with mahogany/wine/cherry wood like highlights in the sun. I am in love and will stick with this. I realized that also when I press my hair, I don't need a high setting like I used to.

Me happy now /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

hada

Madison

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
GiGi said:
Not a chemist, but this product sounds VERY similar to RIO and COPA. I believe that many women experienced damage using RIO on their hair, and for many the COPA just didn't work. I would be very suspicious of any product that claims to naturally straighten hair without chemicals. Lye is also found in nature but it is still a chemical -- a very dangerous chemical in the wrong hands. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

cosigning.
it sure does sound like those 2. i knew someone who tried rio. that "natural" perm made her hair hard and caused it to start breaking /images/graemlins/frown.gif