Naturals: How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you shampoo, cowash, water rinse, oil rinse, etc?

• Daily

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Every other day or 3-4 days a week

Votes: 70 27.7%
  • Weekly

Votes: 123 48.6%
  • Every other week

Votes: 36 14.2%
  • Every 3 weeks

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkGirlFluff

100% Natural or long-term transitioning: %100 Natural
Current Length: Neck Length
Method of washing: Shampoo, Condish, and Deep Condish Treatment.
How often: Weekly
Why: I detangle when I wash. If I washed everyday I'd have to detangle everyday and that is more manipulation than I desire for my strands. If I washed and did not detangle it would be a nightmare for my hair.

Ebony Majesty

Now that my hair is waist length I wash once a week. Too much hassle!!

love the new vo5 conditioners though

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

greenandchic

Why do you ask?

Good question!

I ask because as a natural, most of the people I've seen in the online natural hair community seem to retain length mostly by not washing more than once a week. Since I go to the gym most days a week and my hair simply feels dry when I don't "water" it semi-often (co-washing is the best way for me), I fear that my length won't go beyond where it is now by my "constant" manupluation.

The question I ask myself is, I do have to live with musty dried, greasy hair to retain length, or is it possible even with my active lifetyle?

For that reason, I'm curious what other naturals do to their hair - especially in the long hair community.

virtuenow

Good question!

I ask because as a natural, most of the people I've seen in the online natural hair community seem to retain length mostly by not washing more than once a week. Since I go to the gym most days a week and my hair simply feels dry when I don't "water" it semi-often (co-washing is the best way for me), I fear that my length won't go beyond where it is now by my "constant" manupluation.

The question I ask myself is, I do have to live with musty dried, greasy hair to retain length, or is it possible even with my active lifetyle?

For that reason, I'm curious what other naturals do to their hair - especially in the long hair community.

I noticed it the exact opposite way. The more often you wash, the more length retention is made. Just take a look through your post responses, most people wash once a week or more, and they appear to be retaining length well. That inspired me to wash more often during a time that I thought like you, that you should wash less and you will retain more. Albeit, I am not talking about shampoo washes for myself, I use other means, especially oil rinses and dc-co-washes

greenandchic

I noticed it the exact opposite way. The more often you wash, the more length retention is made. Just take a look through your post responses, most people wash once a week or more, and they appear to be retaining length well. That inspired me to wash more often during a time that I thought like you, that you should wash less and you will retain more. Albeit, I am not talking about shampoo washes for myself, I use other means, especially oil rinses and dc-co-washes

Yes! :D I an quite happy to see that people wash more often too. So far oil rinses (first read about it here) have done me well so far.