Anyone flat iron their hair weekly?

CarmelCupcake

Hi ladies, ill soon be starting a job as a waitress, and I was thinking that i may wash and flat iron my hair each week, rather than every two weeks. Is there anyone who is able to maintain healthy hair, while continuing to retain hair length after flat ironing their hair weekly?

Your Cheeziness

I flat iron every 7-10 days and have been retaining length and health just fine. I make sure to deep condition and pretty much leave by hair alone in between washes. I pincurl or wrap at night.

silenttullip

I think if your hair is currently strong and you dc along with using a heat protectant and a high quality iron you should be fine. I tried it a few years ago and it went horribly... I think it was because i was using a cheap old hot&silky, not deep conditioning or trimming and basically just starting my hhj. Just be careful and make sure to watch your ends. All should go well. Congrats on the new job!

Pink Pearls

I try to alternate flat ironing with heat free styles, but after 8 weeks post my hair sheds more and I have to flat iron every 7 - 10 days. To prevent breakage, I deep condition with every shampoo, air dry, use products with thermal protection, a good heat protectant and a quality flat iron.

Last edited:

Crysdon

I flat iron my roots only every week. Do you have time to do a rollerset or a ponytail rollerset and straighten out your roots? I think that would be the healthiest.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
your hair is lovely!
i think if you find some way to possibly skip the blowdry (rollerset, partial air dry in braids, etc.) your hair will be fine.

congrats on your job! they specifically asked for you to keep your hair straight at all times? just curious.

aicramphoto

Funny you should post that: luv my curly wash n go's but my hair was tangling up. Remembered I got great length back in my relaxed days when it was straighter. Trying flat-ironing twice a month. Good luck to you!

naturalTAN

is this new job at hooters? don't ask how i know :look:

i know they ask everyone (esp black girls) to keep their hair straight.

CarmelCupcake

Well, the job doesn't require it, but i just dont want to run into anyone i know like an exboyfriend, and my hair is looking jacked. LOL!!