Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I hope everyone reaps the benefits of chlorella, really it has blessed me if you cant already tell ! Yay and i also used to put it in my protein shakes too. I do have the powder form and Ya'll making me want to crack it open lol! :0)

onelove08

I have taken chlorella in the past. It helped me lose weight and my skin was great. I was not all into my hair but, it think I did benefit from it. If is the only green food you purchase it is worth the investment. It also helps with your overall well being! I am a product junkie and this is one of the only products I will NEVER go without again. Not sure why I stopped taking it, I think it was around the time my mother passed last year and I was a bit overwhelmed with everything in my life. Sorry so long and tmi!

onelove08

Oh and I just started it again a couple of days ago! I already feel so happy all day. Even when my kids misbehave (sp?) (stay at home mommy).

belle_reveuse28

No problem! i bet you if take both a sea vegetable supplement and chlorella, you will experience some of what i & others have come to know. That stuff makes ur hair grow quick!
i took a sea vegetable capsule from vitamin shoppe, emerald balance and source natural chlorella during last summer, oh and i was using mn too! i used to be something like a greenfood junkie. I want to get into juicing more this year.

The seavegetable tablets, is that the same as taking kelp? I am taking kelp everyday right now. Do you think it would be better for me to take the sea vegetable instead?

belle_reveuse28

Hi Ladies,
For all of you that have used the chlorella, and with it having chlorophyll, do you feel that it also is helping with body odor? I was reading that chlorophyll is an internal deoderizer adn when taking it, it mutes body odor. That would be a plus for me becuase I am trying to use natural deoderants rather than ones with chemicals in them, but they dont hold as long.. And let me tell you, I'm not liking the way my pits dont hold up all day... TMI, i know.. But a girl has to smell like a lady and still be healthy. With so many links to breast cancer and the metals in our deoderant, it just freaks me out to use the regular kind... So can I take the chlorella having chlorophyll already, or do I need to take more chlorophyll in addition?
Thanks for your help!

onelove08

I think it helps with odor as well. I ran yesterday for 1 hour and 15 minutes. And then I did Yoga for another 30 minutes. I did not smell like roses but, I did not smell as strong. Tmi I know. Just trying to be honest. And also I use natural deodorant as well. You sometimes have to use it twice a day. I have been using natural deodorant for about 4 years.

onelove08

To answer your question you should be good with chlorella. But if you choose you can do either because Chlorella has chlorphyll in it. But, I think Chlorella has way more nutrients in it!

The seavegetable tablets, is that the same as taking kelp? I am taking kelp everyday right now. Do you think it would be better for me to take the sea vegetable instead?

I know the sea veggie vitamin i took had atlantic kelp as the first thing listed, but it also had the bladderwrack, dulse, etc other seaweeds i think. I know kelp is a seaweed that helps promote growth so i think you will be fine.

as far as body odor, i know i read that but i continue to use deor. just becuase lol, so i dunno?

Auburn

Only side effect for me was slight constipation. Chlorophyll made me go, chlorella had me not...going.

I'll pick it back up!

Ms. Analeise

Only side effect for me was slight constipation. Chlorophyll made me go, chlorella had me not...going.

I'll pick it back up!

I was just about to ask which is better because I have been taking the chloryphyll that comes in a small bottle with a dropper.

So, are you sticking with the chlorophyll only?

Thanks

Evolving78

i don't know about taking it for hair, but i wouldn't mind trying it for detoxing. i have been able to be regular now, but still not completely on track. i would also like to take it to help in preventing getting colds and the flu.

Auburn

I was just about to ask which is better because I have been taking the chloryphyll that comes in a small bottle with a dropper.

So, are you sticking with the chlorophyll only?

Thanks

I think both expired but I'll go with the chlorella.
It contains chlorophyll and is a super food i think. :yep:

luckiestdestiny

I got the powder kind to prevent taking a bazillion pills cuz I'd just crush them up in my smoothie anyway. Do you think making a strawberry and orange juice type smoothie can cover up the taste? How well does orange juice on it's own cover it up? I don't want to gag everyday

If you have powdered I don't think it should be that bad. I have the pills, but also in my wholefood greens blend,which is powdered... I have chlorella, and I just mix that with juice and It isn't bad at all.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Luckiest, thanks for posting all the info on chlorella, i hope everyone reaps the best benefits from it. It has really blessed me, if you can't already tell!

Sorry for the double post i didnt think it posted!?

Thanks. My hair is getting pretty long right now it's one inch past mid back (well that was as of my Dec measurement, my hair is braided back up now), but I have layers I want to catch up, and I want to get to waist length, so I believe this supplement can help with that. I got to midback because of my health food kick, so I hope this can kick things up another knotch. I also like that it says it makes hair really thick. And I don't know if that's just your genetic predisposition, but your hair is really gorgeously thick and beautiful babydollhair!

luckiestdestiny

I just bought spirulina and chlorella I forgot about the chlorophyll so I am just going to stick with this and see how it works. I am still fasting so it wont be til the first of Feb before I start.

chlorella contains chlorophyll so you'll be fine. Keep us updated. I know I will!

luckiestdestiny

I'll pick it back up!

That's what I was saying earlier in the thread. Side effects like stomach pain or constipation (sorry should've been more complete with my explanation) happens because chlorella detoxes you. If you take too much it can back up your system. I read of people complaining of stomach pain or constipation who were then advised to reduce their consumption of chlorella until their body is used to it, and then increase as the body is detoxing itself. I took chlorella yesterday and I WENT to the bathroom, so I know that I am using the right amount as it is not backing up my system as the body detoxes.

I will only increase dosage after a week, when my body is used to it.

So if you have constipation, or stomach pain, cut back your dosage! Your body is detoxing too fast and is backed up!

Once your body is used to it, then you can increase the amount.

Keep in mind Chlorella has fiber in it. If you take a fiber supplement it will help you in the bathroom to stay regular, too much fiber too soon will cause...constipation. Just as you would up your fiber slowly, in this case the same caution has to be taken with chlorella.

Thanks. My hair is getting pretty long right now it's one inch past mid back (well that was as of my Dec measurement, my hair is braided back up now), but I have layers I want to catch up, and I want to get to waist length, so I believe this supplement can help with that. I got to midback because of my health food kick, so I hope this can kick things up another knotch. I also like that it says it makes hair really thick. And I don't know if that's just your genetic predisposition, but your hair is really gorgeously thick and beautiful babydollhair!

Oh that is Long, and thank you! Um as far as i know i am black,w/some indian on my mother side,but she and the women on her side dont have hair like mine, nobody seems to know where it came from lol ! ! My mom is always asking what can she do to get hair like me! The supplements have made a difference in my hair retaining the length and i think the strength of my hair, plus i was using megatek/mn so thats why its so thick, plus they didnt get my hair so straight at the roots in my avatar pic. this board has helped take my thickness 2 another level Lol i swears! Being Natural too!

i really do think the hair quality improves with better health, i will try to post some more pics in the future or do a fotki or something. I want to reach wsl too, last yr i tried but that was amibitious because i bc in 2006! Maybe this yr though.

Sorry 4 rambling, but i just wanted to add this is longest my hair has been in my adult life! I think as a child i stayed around shoulder/maybe apl.

Last edited:

I'll pick it back up!

I know i never have dealt with that, but i don't know if its because of the amount of water i was drinking too. i know i seen someone else say that, i always took at most 3 grams a day.

Last edited:

ladytee2

I have a few things I want to order and the chlorella was on the list. I have been looking for something for detox and energy. I am definitely interested with the added benefit of helping my hair too.

luckiestdestiny

I have a few things I want to order and the chlorella was on the list. I have been looking for something for detox and energy. I am definitely interested with the added benefit of helping my hair too.
Let us know when you get some and the results.

Hmmm...I feel a challenge coming on ladies.

guyanesesista

^^^I take that too but I'm not consistent with it. When I took it with wheatgrass I'd energy like I was on speed. I had to stop the two, everything it was making everything way too sensitive.

soonergirl

Wow ladies!! You guys are so helpful!! I went out and got some!! I bought the wholefoods brand. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to teach us about this supplement!!!