WIG CHALLENGE 2013

missliberia

My wig! This is a u part I formed from a Beverly Johnson syn wig. My hair is out in the front. I soaked the wig in water and vinegar to remove the shine. I'll post another pic of my hair underneath in a minute. I take off every night and flat iron front once a week. To maintain I pin curl front at night.

Girl, this is hotness!

Healthb4Length

Do you have to wear a wig cap under wig? I find they're too tight and give me headaches. This challenge has been so nice and easy so far.

9MillaNina

Tis sounds fun, but I think I would completely die in the summer wearing a wig, I'm really no good at picking them. Sometimes I hit a lick, but other than that I'm kind of bad at it. But I, sure lots of heads will be atleast thicker and inches longer

mywinborne

I wear a men's satin type dome cap flipped inside out so the shiny smooth part is against my hair and the edge of the cap flipped back. If that makes sense. I heard you have to be really careful with your edges under your wig. How do y'all keep your edges safe and healthy?

cicilypayne

please count me in here are the wigs I've worn this summer gonna buy a new one and take better care of my hair.

Attachments

• august 050.jpg
    august 050.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 198
  • august 024.jpg
    august 024.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 193
  • august 068.jpg
    august 068.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 2012 dec 327.jpg
    2012 dec 327.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 175

Babygrowth

When my braid spray stuff comes I may try just washing my hair once a week but spraying everyday because I feel cowashing might actually be drying my hair out. Maybe I'm not using the right products:-(

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Well my closure came today. It is so soft and feels nice. It smells like it was washed and when I took it out pack it felt like it had been washed and sent out 50% dry. Im going to cowash it anyway though. Now just need my hair so I can complete my wig. I do have other wigs I have been wearing all synthetic. Its going to be nice to have human hair.

cicilypayne

sorry I missed these two posters questions I have 3 little boys with the flu, you ladies understand.:nono:

Last edited:

strawbewie

I wear a men's satin type dome cap flipped inside out so the shiny smooth part is against my hair and the edge of the cap flipped back. If that makes sense. I heard you have to be really careful with your edges under your wig. How do y'all keep your edges safe and healthy?

I use the same cap but I did not think to flip it... Thank you for info... I oil my edges b4 and after I put wig on, in also trying MN on edges some days and Lisa's scalp formula am..

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

Depending on how much room I have under the wig, I wear my smaller satin scarf.

To keep my edges safe, I also moisturize when I wake up and before I go to bed. I also take my wig off when I'm home and try to keep it off on the weekend.

mywinborne

I use the same cap but I did not think to flip it... Thank you for info... I oil my edges b4 and after I put wig on, in also trying MN on edges some days and Lisa's scalp formula am..

Thanks! I need to do better with oiling and moisturizing!

mywinborne

Depending on how much room I have under the wig, I wear my smaller satin scarf.

To keep my edges safe, I also moisturize when I wake up and before I go to bed. I also take my wig off when I'm home and try to keep it off on the weekend.

Thanks! What do u moisturize with?

Dionnesse

Hi all,

I'm in on this challenge! I'm somewhere around BSB and want to get to full BSL for my birthday in April - eek!

I made a full wig with closure yesterday - here are the pics....

The hair isn't as shiny as it looks in the 3rd pic.

I have other half wigs but went for a full wig as it means I can keep up my gym routine and texlax stretch without having to try to blend my hair.

Attachments

• image-1118242713.jpg
    image-1118242713.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image-368459504.jpg
    image-368459504.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image-968899754.jpg
    image-968899754.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Heres my lace front Ive been having for years but never wore bc it was too big for my head. Well I cut it all the way around perimeter to fit and sewed in onto a weaving cap. Ignore my edges they not laid at all but im going to leave edges out and probably sew some combs in it. Ignore my fat face too. I havent styled it or anything. The next couple pics are other wigs I have and the last pic is my sister who stole and wore my curly wig. She did give it back though lol.

ForumRunner_20130110_210234.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_210248.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_210305.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_210327.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_210410.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_210510.jpg

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
mywinborne said:
Thanks! What do u moisturize with?

I use shea moisture restorative conditioned when I braid up my hair, which I do every few days. Then, I use an oil and water mix that I sprigs in the morning and at night on the in between days. I'm currently experimenting with different oils and my ratio. My hair seems to like avocado, castor, olive, rosemary,lavender tea tree, and peppermint.

BonBon

Do human hair wigs (not lacefront) last longer than synthetic?

I have a synthetic style that I love, but it starts matting at about a month and its pissing me off.

cicilypayne

Vanthie said:
Do human hair wigs (not lacefront) last longer than synthetic?

I have a synthetic style that I love, but it starts matting at about a month and its pissing me off.

I think in general human hair does last a big longer I've purchased a HH wig that was gorgeous for about a month in half after that it still worked but gave me problems..you know the usual..tangling ..frizzes. & ..the back of the wig..did the cluster and crawl..lol..I had to keep a brush on me at all times and it was exhausting..my lace wigs lasted longer..but..every hair unit is different..I tossed it out way to early I think.

Last edited:

LightEyedMami

I just gotta say i LOVE my hubby he has treated me to 3 closures and 3 sets of "exotic" hair these past few months to make wigs :grin:....because he knows how much i love it....i was doing cheapies (and even though i still love my half wigs for convience) i hate the un-natural shine it gives...so i will be making 2 human hair wigs soon...

OH and BTW ladies a few months back i bought a RPGshow "kim kardasian wig" and i LOVED it at first but within 1 month it was a rats nest...which i found ridiculous becuase i paid almost $300 for that thing, so now my 16inch hair s going to be cut into a BOB...ugh! :nono:...so buyer beware their quality is different with every wig, some people hate them others love them...Im really dissappointed that they charged me so much and then gave me BSS quality human hair.

gabulldawg

Hi all,

I'm in on this challenge! I'm somewhere around BSB and want to get to full BSL for my birthday in April - eek!

I made a full wig with closure yesterday - here are the pics....

The hair isn't as shiny as it looks in the 3rd pic.

I have other half wigs but went for a full wig as it means I can keep up my gym routine and texlax stretch without having to try to blend my hair.

I love this!!! I want a wig like this. I'm loving Dominique's hair from ”The Sisterhood.” Any recs?