Big Patra-like braids on natural hair

nomadpixi

Hey ladies,
Has anyone done big braids with extensions on natural hair? I'm considering doing big braids or senegalese twists on my hair. I miss the length of my hair too much but don't want to straighten my hair, I'm gonna really give the natural hair thing a real go-maybe even 5 years of hair, just to see how long I can grow it.

Any clues on how to do this? How much hair do you use? What type of hair? I'm really wanting something like those long braids Solange had but maybe bigger. Any online tutorials or youtube suggestions? If you've had big braids or long senegalese twists in how do they feel? How long did you leave them in? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sonye93

I'm assuming you're talkin about "Poetic Justice" braids that are comin back in style. My cousin just got those done, they look wonderful. She said she used Kanekalon (sp?) hair. I want to get Senegalese twists, and I know Kanekalon is used too.

Poetic Justice braids look like this:

ETA: Sorry for the size.

Anakinsmomma

I'm assuming you're talkin about "Poetic Justice" braids that are comin back in style. My cousin just got those done, they look wonderful. She said she used Kanekalon (sp?) hair. I want to get Senegalese twists, and I know Kanekalon is used too.

Poetic Justice braids look like this:

ETA: Sorry for the size.

They're coming back?! Awesome! Less time in the chair!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

nomadpixi

Sonye93 Woo, that's what I'm talkin about! Beautiful pix! Do you know how long this style takes to do? I'm even loving the headwrap!

Geminigirl

Wow. You can tell Janet didn't want to TOUCH Pac in that picture LOL.

she dumb for that, cause I would have been all over him. To me, pac is the sexiest black man that ever existed.I mean not just physical, his heart and intelligence as well.he was so deep on so many levels how could you not like him? How many men can pull off a nose ring?!?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Phaer

Dito, I love Pac. He was a genius.
she dumb for that, cause I would have been all over him. To me, pac is the sexiest black man that ever existed.I mean not just physical, his heart and intelligence as well.he was so deep on so many levels how could you not like him? How many men can pull off a nose ring?!?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

KurleeK5

I just got twists done (pic to come soon) I think it depends on your hair density and the braider/twister. I love the style. I bought Bobbi Boss Jumbo Braid Kanekalon hair. I blow dried my hair priort to getting them done (for managability). I used 6 packs but i have dense hair. It took the girl who did my hair 11 hours for me but 6 for my neice who is 14.

HTH

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Nope but I can't wait until I can with my own hair! These box braids are for the birds....

Sonye93

nomadpixi, I can't quite recall how long my cousin said it took, I don't remember if it was 6 or 8 hours. She has a relaxer in her hair that's bone straight, so it's not as dense as it would be it were natural.