2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Iwanthealthyhair67

John 15 NIV

18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Selah!

As long as we are doing and saying the same as the Father, this 'world' will not like you, if you find that people (this world) are always in agreement with you and you are liked and esteemed by them (this world), you'd better check yourself.

MrsHaseeb

John 15 NIV

18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Selah!

As long as we are doing and saying the same as the Father, this 'world' will not like you, if you find that people (this world) are always in agreement with you and you are liked and esteemed by them (this world), you'd better check yourself.

Luke 16:15 KJV
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

PinkPebbles

I respectfully maintain that God does not go against our will, He does not 'trick' people into getting saved. If this were true then all he would have to do is go against the will of every man and save the whole world so that none would be lost.

I will not try and diminish yours and your aunts experiences...you did say in both cases that the saints fasted and prayed, the word says that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much!

Iwanthealthyhair67 I am considering starting a thread to have a healthy discussion on intercessory prayer.

I am currently praying for someone and you mentioned that God does not go against anyone's will. If someone is in darkness or spiritually blinded the discussion would be how does the person become set free? Does the person in darkness have to acknowledge their sin, wrong doing, and lack of spirituality before God answers the intercessor's prayers?

I think it's good to know these things so we as believers can pray effectively....

Iwanthealthyhair67

Iwanthealthyhair67 I am considering starting a thread to have a healthy discussion on intercessory prayer.

I am currently praying for someone and you mentioned that God does not go against anyone's will. If someone is in darkness or spiritually blinded the discussion would be how does the person become set free? Does the person in darkness have to acknowledge their sin, wrong doing, and lack of spirituality before God answers the intercessor's prayers?

I think it's good to know these things so we as believers can pray effectively....

PinkPebbles

An intercessory prayer thread is a great idea, and can serve as a learning tool for all of us as we are also supposed to be praying for the brethren and the lost.

Answering your question properly on my kindle will take much too long please give me until Monday, latest Tuesday and I will give my thoughts.

MrsHaseeb

Psalms 111:2, 10 ESV

Great are the works of the Lord , studied by all who delight in them. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

Iwanthealthyhair67

GoddessMaker

Dearest Chritian you are in my thoughts and at the heart of my prayer this morning. You are loved and missed.

This morning I ask that the Lord gives you strength and wisdom to face whatever problem that presents itself. Know that you are not alone you are the Apple of His eye and delights in you.

MrsHaseeb

GoddessMaker

Dearest Chritian you are in my thoughts and at the heart of my prayer this morning. You are loved and missed.

This morning I ask that the Lord gives you strength and wisdom to face whatever problem that presents itself. Know that you are not alone you are the Apple of His eye and delights in you.

I have missed her as well and will be praying for her.

MrsHaseeb

1 John 2:28-29 NET

And now, little children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink away from him in shame when he comes back. If you know that he is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been fathered by him.

MrsHaseeb

1 John 3:3-10 NCV

Christ is pure, and all who have this hope in Christ keep themselves pure like Christ. The person who sins breaks God’s law. Yes, sin is living against God’s law. You know that Christ came to take away sins and that there is no sin in Christ. So anyone who lives in Christ does not go on sinning. Anyone who goes on sinning has never really understood Christ and has never known him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you the wrong way. Christ is righteous. So to be like Christ a person must do what is right. The devil has been sinning since the beginning, so anyone who continues to sin belongs to the devil. The Son of God came for this purpose: to destroy the devil’s work. Those who are God’s children do not continue sinning, because the new life from God remains in them. They are not able to go on sinning, because they have become children of God. So we can see who God’s children are and who the devil’s children are: Those who do not do what is right are not God’s children, and those who do not love their brothers and sisters are not God’s children.

MrsHaseeb

can a person get saved anything he or she feels like it?

Hi Sis. I don't believe person can just get saved when they feel like it. According to Genesis 6 God's Spirit will not always strive with man. And in John, Jesus says a person is unable to come to Him unless he was drawn by the Father. God does give people over to a reprobate mind and even blinds their mind to the truth, sending then into strong delusion when they continue to reject the truth. Salvation is a work of grace and the Holy Ghost. People can absolutely frustrate grace.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Hi Sis. I don't believe person can just get saved when they feel like it. According to Genesis 6 God's Spirit will not always strive with man. And in John, Jesus says a person is unable to come to Him unless he was drawn by the Father. God does give people over to a reprobate mind and even blinds their mind to the truth, sending then into strong delusion when they continue to reject the truth. Salvation is a work of grace and the Holy Ghost. People can absolutely frustrate grace.

Amen, Sis.

momi

Agreed and a hearty Amen sis! . The door will not always be open for salvation... Which is why we caution people against waiting for a death bed salvation.

...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, today is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2

momi

Here is an excerpt from a Bible Study I was asked to teach earlier this year: When God Shuts the Door:

Live with the Consequences
We’ve all heard of death bed conversions. Times when a person has lived their entire lives declining God’s offer of salvation and knowing they are near death accept His offer in their last hours. ( Let me be clear, in no way am I saying that this is not a true confession of salvation and the person has waited too long to be saved - only The Lord knows this). I know we have been taught that as long as we have breath in our bodies we can come to know Christ. There have even been songs written about it “Don’t give up on God, because He won’t give up on you”. However I do believe scripture paints a different picture. Genesis 6:3 says “My Spirit will not always strive with man...”
A person can get to the point that they have repeatedly rejected God and God then rejects him. Grace ends and God gives men up and nations after they have hardened their hearts against Him.
The work of the Holy Spirit is essential to our acceptance of Christ. Jesus described the work of the Holy Spirit in John 16:8, "He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment". The Spirit points out sin in our lives and "will guide you into all truth so that we will know right from wrong, good from bad, and understand that our sins need to be confessed to the Lord. Jesus gives us the definition of unpardonable sin:
“Assuredly, I say to you that all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation...” (Mark 3 28-30)
When the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin it is our opportunity to confess and repent of the sin before God. If you can hear the Spirit convicting you we should not resist: “Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart”. Resisting the Holy Spirit is dangerous because it leads to a hardening of the heart, and a person ability to receive the Spirit’s promptings decrease. Paul also admonishes us not to grieve (or quench) the Holy Spirit of God, to do so could lead to the searing of our conscience - leaving us without the ability to distinguish right from wrong.
It is pointless to set an alarm clock in a deaf man's room; He will never hear it. In the same way, when a person sets their alarm clock, but, day after day, they shut it off right away and go back to sleep, they become conditioned to ignoring the alarm. Eventually, the alarm clock doesn't even wake them up. The Holy Spirit works in a similar manner: if you keep "shutting Him off", one day the Holy Spirit will speak to you, and you won't hear His voice since you've become so accustomed to disregarding His pleadings. Take Saul for example: at one point, He was open to the Holy Spirit (1 Samuel 11:6), but because he continually rejected the God's leading and turned to sin, the Bible says that "the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul" (1 Samuel 16:14).

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with us, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. He is not in heaven eagerly waiting on our hearts to become so hard that we cannot accept His gift of salvation. He continues to draw, continues to call, and continues to reveal Himself to us. However, if we are willing to interpret this passage correctly then we must face the fact that His patience does run out. It is very dangerous for a person to wait until their last breath to accept Christ.

MrsHaseeb

Does grace and mercy run out?

Yes... Scary situation.

Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

God is merciful but he is also just. He is God and he makes not apologies for it. After God has revealed truth to you and its been rejected grace will run out. Even before Jesus comes back God can give a person over to a rebrobate mind where he is simply done with you. That's terrifying!

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you for this, momi!!! I need to pass this on....

Here is an excerpt from a Bible Study I was asked to teach earlier this year: When God Shuts the Door:

Live with the Consequences
We’ve all heard of death bed conversions. Times when a person has lived their entire lives declining God’s offer of salvation and knowing they are near death accept His offer in their last hours. ( Let me be clear, in no way am I saying that this is not a true confession of salvation and the person has waited too long to be saved - only The Lord knows this). I know we have been taught that as long as we have breath in our bodies we can come to know Christ. There have even been songs written about it “Don’t give up on God, because He won’t give up on you”. However I do believe scripture paints a different picture. Genesis 6:3 says “My Spirit will not always strive with man...”
A person can get to the point that they have repeatedly rejected God and God then rejects him. Grace ends and God gives men up and nations after they have hardened their hearts against Him.
The work of the Holy Spirit is essential to our acceptance of Christ. Jesus described the work of the Holy Spirit in John 16:8, "He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment". The Spirit points out sin in our lives and "will guide you into all truth so that we will know right from wrong, good from bad, and understand that our sins need to be confessed to the Lord. Jesus gives us the definition of unpardonable sin:
“Assuredly, I say to you that all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation...” (Mark 3 28-30)
When the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin it is our opportunity to confess and repent of the sin before God. If you can hear the Spirit convicting you we should not resist: “Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart”. Resisting the Holy Spirit is dangerous because it leads to a hardening of the heart, and a person ability to receive the Spirit’s promptings decrease. Paul also admonishes us not to grieve (or quench) the Holy Spirit of God, to do so could lead to the searing of our conscience - leaving us without the ability to distinguish right from wrong.
It is pointless to set an alarm clock in a deaf man's room; He will never hear it. In the same way, when a person sets their alarm clock, but, day after day, they shut it off right away and go back to sleep, they become conditioned to ignoring the alarm. Eventually, the alarm clock doesn't even wake them up. The Holy Spirit works in a similar manner: if you keep "shutting Him off", one day the Holy Spirit will speak to you, and you won't hear His voice since you've become so accustomed to disregarding His pleadings. Take Saul for example: at one point, He was open to the Holy Spirit (1 Samuel 11:6), but because he continually rejected the God's leading and turned to sin, the Bible says that "the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul" (1 Samuel 16:14).

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with us, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. He is not in heaven eagerly waiting on our hearts to become so hard that we cannot accept His gift of salvation. He continues to draw, continues to call, and continues to reveal Himself to us. However, if we are willing to interpret this passage correctly then we must face the fact that His patience does run out. It is very dangerous for a person to wait until their last breath to accept Christ.

MrsHaseeb

How did Christianity become so broad? When the disciples were first called Christians it was a thing that separated them to Christ and Christ alone. Now everybody is calling themselves a Christian and slapping the word on all kinds of filth (I.e. gay Christians, Christian yoga, etc.). It has become nothing more than a mere title. It began as an honorable thing to be called a Christian and people watched how they walked and talked not to bring shame to Christ. I am convinced that those who loosely use the word have no fear of God... I believe that to be taking the name of the Lord in vain.

***This is just a random thought of mine.

momi

How did Christianity become so broad? When the disciples were first called Christians it was a thing that separated them to Christ and Christ alone. Now everybody is calling themselves a Christian and slapping the word on all kinds of filth (I.e. gay Christians, Christian yoga, etc.). It has become nothing more than a mere title. It began as an honorable thing to be called a Christian and people watched how they walked and talked not to bring shame to Christ. I am convinced that those who loosely use the word have no fear of God... I believe that to be taking the name of the Lord in vain.

***This is just a random thought of mine.

I agree... which is why the church has flourished during persecution. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
If you haven't watched Courageous yet, it's a must see.

This is such a wonderful movie. We watched during one of our 'Family Nights' and every man in the room was quiet, especially during the 'Dedication Ceremony'. They took that Resolution to heart.

This is a 'must have' and a must see for EVERY Family and it will surely bring many men to Christ Jesus who are not there yet. It is just that powerful.

Thank you Healthy Hair for posting this. I love the Kendrick movies. They are a faithful brother team who bring forth the love and Word of God in film without compromise.