Recs for *musts* for a hair gift basket?

melangeK

For the holidays, I want to make a healthy hair basket for my sister. She's now a believer that she can help her hair grow, ever since I sent her a drawstring ponytail 3 months ago (her hair has taken off like a weed!)

Do you have any ideas on items/products I can include in her basket? What could a new hair care addict with 4b hair use? All I've come up with so far is a wide toothed seamless comb, a deep heat conditioning cap, and a new, cute phony ponytail! All ideas welcomed and appreciated! TIA

I hope this isn't considered *off topic*; if so, I apologize! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Ooo! This is a good gift idea! I would add some Goody Ouchless No Metal Elastic Bands, hair vitamins, a cute satin scarf, a copy of Ultra Black Hair 2000 by Cathy Howse, and samples of a good shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. Maybe some of the smaller (2 oz.) Aubrey's Organics or Carol's Daughter products.

melangeK

Sassygirl--great ideas, thanks! I'll definitely add those to the idea list. I've never used Aubrey Organic or Carol's Daughters products (though I've heard great things about products in each line), and think my sister might really enjoy them, especially since she'd never buy them for herself! Please keep those ideas coming--she's my only sis, and I love giving her presents...If I start now, I can buy lots w/o spending a whole bunch of $$ at once! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Sassygirl had some wonderful ideas. You could also add a small bottle of EVOO (great oil. Sis will love) and maybe decorate the bottle with a ribbon and maybe a good hair vitamin ( like vitol) and a bottle of WGO. Good luck. Very nice thing you're doing for your sis. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Madison

Armyqt i was just about to suggest that she should get her a bottle of biotin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Shea butter. Every 5-star gift basket needs shea butter.
Just look at what happened to MY hair without shea butter!!

vevster

I am doing a basket like that for my sister and I am putting:

Kerastase Dry Hair Mask
Infusium Protein cream treatment
Fantasia Leave in with Aloe
Kerastase Serum
and my favorite base and top coat.

She loves hair products! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

melangeK

Great recs everyone! I love the idea of putting supplements in there (haircare from the inside out) and the cellophanes...shoot, I think I need to treat myself *first* some some of that! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again, ladies!

G

Give her the right "tools" too, a good sturdy wide tooth comb & a very soft brush.

BlkMane

Instead of Sebastian Cellophanes you could treat her to some "ghetto Cellophanes" a.k.a. Adore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif It also comes in Clear and other colors. Runs about $3.99 for a one application bottle.

Allandra

LOL @ "ghetto cellophanes" a.k.a. Adore. My next rinse will be a ghetto cellophane. /images/graemlins/grin.gif They have so many colors to select from. I can't wait to give it a shot.

JenJen2721

bumping...

Can I break the May Challenge for a hair gift basket for my sister and mother for Mother's Day? Does that count?

Crysdon

I don't want to buy ANYONE a hair gift basket because my selfish butt would keep it

Kaela

satin pillowcase, mini plastic spray bottles (to keep something moisturizing always on hand...or purse) and mini jars (for homemade creations)..you can get the bottles cheap from Sally's, a pack of the plastic caps for deep conditioner. I know that sounds cheap but I use the cheap things the most!

TwistNMx

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
I think a hair gift basket is a wonderful idea. Now I know what to put on my gift lists in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Now I just have to figure out who to grant this gift.

I haven't anyone unfortunately. I see nice gifts all of the time and I try really hard to figure if anyone is worthy.