Aphogee 2 Step & Hair Color

Ms. Tiki

I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my question.

So, how long after doing a 2 step do I have to wait to do a permanent color? These grey hairs of mine are bothering me and I want to color tomorrow but I did the 2 step yesterday. I'm almost BSL so I don't want a set back. I'm going to use Garnier color in an off black

Can I color tomorrow or do I have to wait a week or two?

princessdi

I'm not an expert (I don't use permanent color) but the Aphogee site recommends doing the 2-Step Protein treatment 24 to 36 hours before doing any chemical service. Here's their Q&A.

Q: How often should the treatment (the one that hardens) be used? Should it be used once a week for 6 weeks or once every 6 weeks?
A: ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment strengthens most hair approximately six weeks. In contrast, most other treatments and conditioners are removed with two or three washings. Because of this, the recommended frequency for ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is once every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on your hair maintenance regimen. If applied more often, it's unlikely that any further benefit will be obtained, assuming the application was done according to directions.
Q: I already use a conditioner at home, why do I need ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment for Damaged Hair?
A: Most conditioners do a good job at what they were designed for:
* Rinse type products detangle, add some shine and reduce static. They work on the hair surface
* Moisturizers penetrate and add humectants which regulate hair's moisture balance.
* So called "intensive" products may contain protein, which can act as filler in damaged areas.
While these all help, for the most part, they rinse-out in the next shampoo and must be re-applied. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is different in that it is much more concentrated, fuses into the hair with heat and has been relied upon by salons for decades. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment lasts far longer than ordinary conditioners.
Q: Can I buy ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment for "at home" use?
A: ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is best used with a hood type dryer. Special care must be used during the process not to agitate the hard after hardening. For these reasons ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is best applied by those familiar with performing chemical processes on hair. For others, there are many excellent ApHogee brand maintenance products that are recommended for everyday, home use.
Q: Why does ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment harden?
A: ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a concentrated blend of modified proteins and magnesium. When heat is applied, ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment begins to harden as the bonding and repair process begins. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, the hair becomes supple, but remains much stronger than before.
Q: Can it be used with perms or color?
A: Absolutely! When using ApHogee in conjunction with any chemical process, we recommend using the Treatment a 24-36 hours before the service. Be sure to follow directions. In fact, ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is used on fine, weak hair and very porous hair to make perms and color last longer!
Q: Isn't ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment for use in Ethnic Salons only?
A: No, ApHogee brand products are very popular in ethnic salons because of the problems caused by strong chemicals and extreme heat, but it works equally well on Caucasian or Asian hair. In fact, fine, blonde hair, which is easily damaged by chemical processes and styling, responds very well to ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment

http://www.aphogee.com/hair_expert.aspx

Q: Can it be used with perms or color?
A: Absolutely! When using ApHogee in conjunction with any chemical process, we recommend using the Treatment a 24-36 hours before the service. Be sure to follow directions. In fact, ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is used on fine, weak hair and very porous hair to make perms and color last longer!

Bumping for more responses....