Transitioners --Length Check!

Transitioners: How long is your hair right now?

• NL or shorter

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • SL

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • APL

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • BSL

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • WL+

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Rapunzel*

i will be 9 months post march 13th, transition is going smoothly, this whole week i've been bunning and omg its the best of both worlds. i plan to transition at least 15 months, my goal is to have my ng get into a bun or pony. so i have some ways to go. my ng goes to the pony tail holder but if i did the bc no bun for me :look: i hope i can make it to 24 months. im apl about 2+ inches from bsl

♦K.O♦

In a little over two weeks, I will be 9 months post.

I'm probably bottom BSL at the moment.

My transition has been smooth. I havent been using very much heat, but I want to start flat ironing again so that I can have more variety. My transition has been hassle free. I havent had to change my products.

♦K.O♦

Oh, and I just wanted to add that I dry my hair in about 8 to 10 braids. My hair doesn't like wet buns. So far, I've had no matting, deadly tangles, or breakage.

Murjani

Im only about 5 months in

I just cut about 4in so Im back at shoulder length. I plan on cutting a little bit every time I take out my sew-in until the relaxed hair is gone.

onejamifan

Thanks ladies for sharing. I am in a really strange place with my hair right now. I have been wearing it straight and I can't, for the life of me, blend both textures anymore. My ng gets hard when I air dry, so that's a nono for me. I don't like bunning 24/7 and I basically look like a HAM within 48 hours of styling my hair. DH asked me on Friday after I flat ironed what was WRONG with my hair. He said, "Your hair used to be so nice when you washed it before, but now it looks kind of poofy..." :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I am wondering if its worth it to sacrifice my appearance for the transition. I really like LOOONG straight hair on me and right now I don't feel comfortable in my appearance...

Sorry for my early morning rant, just wondering if I am going to continue this transition or just go back to relaxing...:ohwell:

Black Hoya Chick

i've been at it for 23 months. its all natural except for about 1 1/2 inches in the front.
my current length is a little past APL:

and i wear it in a curly ponytail all week and then wash & DC on friday nights, wear it in 2 braids overnight, and put it back in a ponytail on saturday for the next week. thats all. i cowash midweek if i HAVE to:

Liberianmami26

I voted SL
I've been at this for 18 months i'm aiming for the full 24 mos
i started out with barely nl so ive come a long way

i do mostly protective styles started out with scarves then moved to wigs now im doing self installed braids

Platinum

I voted for SL. I've been transitioning for 10 months now.:woot: My transition has been smooth, I've been in microbraids and Senegalese Twists most of the time. Whole head baggying, frequent cowashing, and DC'ing have really helped with retention. I don't plan to BC anytime soon because I'm trying to make APL by December. I want to continue transitioning until the 24 month mark but we'll see...:look:

Quty_Bug

My hair is about APL, maybe longer and I'm almost 3 months into my transition. I've been bunning mostly and trying my best to stay away from heat.

I'm still in search of something to keep my hair moisturized, it seems to just suck everything up. I've tried coconut oil, shea butter, mango butter, leave in conditioners, but no luck. I just ordered Coconut Transitioning Cream from Darcys Botanicals and am hoping it helps. I'm starting to think my NG is mostly scab hair beacuse it's like a crunchy mess.

You ladies have any suggestions?

Taleah2009

Transitioning: 13 months
Length: Between SL and APL. very close to APL in the front, and a little past AL in the back. It drives me nuts that the back of my hair grows so slow