Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

Bad&Bougee

Just started taking this again on Sunday and the first 2-3 days made me nauseous - detox symptoms I believe, because yesterday and today I feel fine even though I am drinking it all day in my water. It made me urinate a lot today though.

Can you let us know your results this coming Sunday, please? Curious to see the effects after a week's use.

Bad&Bougee

Will do but I really don't think effects can be seen that quickly but nevertheless,I'll report changes, if any.

I am interested in the adverse side effects of the DE. I hate detoxing because the headaches are unbearable and I just can't sit on the toilet all day. Sometimes these side effects in particular manifests days after starting the detox. Just curious to see if you get anything other than nausea and frequent urination. Thanks @Aggie!

Aggie

I am interested in the adverse side effects of the DE. I hate detoxing because the headaches are unbearable and I just can't sit on the toilet all day. Sometimes these side effects in particular manifests days after starting the detox. Just curious to see if you get anything other than nausea and frequent urination. Thanks @Aggie!
Okay will update

krissyhair

Maybe a silica supplement tablet would be a better alternative to taking diatomoaceous earth powder.

I know it can be easy to turn to LHCF to find miracle products. And I admit that back when I was in college, and 18, I thought Diatomaceous Earth was going to give me a hair explosion. It didn't. Almost 10 years later, I realize I was just drinking animal rock dust out of my plastic cup in a dorm room.

Further, I learned that diatomaceous earth is mostly silica. The form of silica itself (the powder coming from marine fossils) is regulated by OSHA for industrial exposure. Although from reading the regulation, it doesn't seem that diatomaceous earth is particularly dangerous, it can still cause respiratory illness, including Pneumoconiosis. Please be careful not to breath it in while you're making use of it. It's unclassifiable as to whether it is or is not a carcinogen.

From my reading, the OSHA regulations are pretty mild. Which is why I'm sure it's allowed to be used and sold in our homes, and for our bodies. But I still think a silica supplement is better route.

Read more on diatomaceous earth from OSHA.gov.

Health Factors

Last edited:

Aggie

Maybe a silica supplement tablet would be a better alternative to taking diatomoaceous earth powder.

I know it can be easy to turn to LHCF to find miracle products. And I admit that back when I was in college, and 18, I thought Diatomaceous Earth was going to give me a hair explosion. It didn't. Almost 10 years later, I realize I was just drinking animal rock dust out of my plastic cup in a dorm room.

Further, I learned that diatomaceous earth is mostly silica. The form of silica itself (the powder coming from marine fossils) is regulated by OSHA for industrial exposure. Although from reading the regulation, it doesn't seem that diatomaceous earth is particularly dangerous, it can still cause respiratory illness, including Pneumoconiosis. Please be careful not to breath it in while you're making use of it. It's unclassifiable as to whether it is or is not a carcinogen.

From my reading, the OSHA regulations are pretty mild. Which is why I'm sure it's allowed to be used and sold in our homes, and for our bodies. But I still think a silica supplement is better route.

Read more on diatomaceous earth from OSHA.gov.

Health Factors

Thanks you for sharing this post @krissyhair but I can only speak for myself in this regard.

You have to remember there is food grade and non-food grade DE. I used it about 4 years ago for 1 year and let me tell you what happened as a result. I had a toenail that was split down the center almost down to the cuticle for years and no matter what I did or took as supplement - nothing repaired that split.

A year later after taking DE that same nail was fully repaired and quite long. I was much healthier, plus my skin's appearance was outstanding, far better than it was before taking DE. I never got so many compliments on my skin until after taking DE.

I have no interest in what the government has to say about health or health products that make people well because they are on a mission to control population. They don't actually care or want us to be healthy. In fact, they are out to kill as many people with ignorance as possible. My respiratory organs have been the best they've ever been since taking DE.

In fact, I did not even get a cold during the time I was taking DE nor did I get one up to 6 months after stopping it. Now that I'm back on it, I plan to take it for as long as it's available on the market. DE is an amazing detox product and I believe that is why I never got sick while taking it.

As far as hair growth, I don't really care to use it for that, but the other health benefits surely, are encouraging. Just an update on the effects of DE on my body when I took it a few years ago. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Aggie

Maybe I should start taking this again in the new year. @Aggie why did you stop taking DE?
@sarumoki

Morning love.

My body felt a lot better and I was pleased with the results I had gotten from it. Now I feel I need to detox my body again. Plus my joints felt better while I was taking it as well. I'm 49 and I certainly need to keep these joints healthy for as long as I possibly can.

I'm a Spa Therapist and put an awful lot of load on my hands and wrists, so I need to keep them strong and healthy. My knees are fine and always have been so I'm back on DE. The last purchase of it was 50 lbs, so it should last me a long time especially since it doesn't expire.

Hth!

Mingus

So, I've found another use for DE. I had been dealing with a cold for the past few days. My fault. Too much sugar not enough sleep. And I haven't been taking any DE at all for a while now. At any rate, I had been a sniffling, mucus filled mess. For no particular reason, I decided to start taking DE first thing in the morning again. I took down about 1 tablespoon of DE with 10 oz of water. Within minutes the mucus in my nose and throat completely cleared up. It's as if the DE just dried up all that excess mucus. It worked better than cold medicine. As of today, I'm symptom free. It looks like the cold is gone. So, I'll be adding DE back into my daily regime from now on.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
So, I've found another use for DE. I had been dealing with a cold for the past few days. My fault. Too much sugar not enough sleep. And I haven't been taking any DE at all for a while now. At any rate, I had been a sniffling, mucus filled mess. For no particular reason, I decided to start taking DE first thing in the morning again. I took down about 1 tablespoon of DE with 10 oz of water. Within minutes the mucus in my nose and throat completely cleared up. It's as if the DE just dried up all that excess mucus. It worked better than cold medicine. As of today, I'm symptom free. It looks like the cold is gone. So, I'll be adding DE back into my daily regime from now on.

That's good to know. I've had a cold and a bad cough for over a week now and was thinking about starting DE just as a detox. This thread popped up in perfect timing, almost like a reminder. Incredible. I'm going to try this out to tackle my cold as well. I already have a bag under the sink that I would tap into every time I needed a detox before starting up a workout routine, so I can test the theory over the next few days.

Mingus

That's good to know. I've had a cold and a bad cough for over a week now and was thinking about starting DE just as a detox. This thread popped up in perfect timing, almost like a reminder. Incredible. I'm going to try this out to tackle my cold as well. I already have a bag under the sink that I would tap into every time I needed a detox before starting up a workout routine, so I can test the theory over the next few days.
Also, I want to add that I started oil pulling twice a day (once in the morning and once before bed), and I take a zinc supplement which I think helped overall. I'm not sure how much more the DE did, but I can definitely point to it as the cause for getting rid of that exceess mucus. It literally happened within minutes. I was shocked. Getting rid of that made me feel less crappy overall.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks you for sharing this post @krissyhair but I can only speak for myself in this regard.

You have to remember there is food grade and non-food grade DE. I used it about 4 years ago for 1 year and let me tell you what happened as a result. I had a toenail that was split down the center almost down to the cuticle for years and no matter what I did or took as supplement - nothing repaired that split.

A year later after taking DE that same nail was fully repaired and quite long. I was much healthier, plus my skin's appearance was outstanding, far better than it was before taking DE. I never got so many compliments on my skin until after taking DE.

I have no interest in what the government has to say about health or health products that make people well because they are on a mission to control population. They don't actually care or want us to be healthy. In fact, they are out to kill as many people with ignorance as possible. My respiratory organs have been the best they've ever been since taking DE.

In fact, I did not even get a cold during the time I was taking DE nor did I get one up to 6 months after stopping it. Now that I'm back on it, I plan to take it for as long as it's available on the market. DE is an amazing detox product and I believe that is why I never got sick while taking it.

As far as hair growth, I don't really care to use it for that, but the other health benefits surely, are encouraging. Just an update on the effects of DE on my body when I took it a few years ago. Hope this helps.

Super helpful. TFS.

Aggie

I can certainly vouch for this whole post @Mingus, since DE keeps me feeling healthy when I take it consistently as well. Consistently is the key word here.

I had stopped for a few months and have been taking it again since last week. By the third day, my face broke out and my knees started hurting from the detox effect of the DE and I never have issues with my joints by the way - only when I am detoxing, I tend to feel a slight pain.

I didn't get any headaches, thank God. Plus after another week or so, my body will start to feel a lot better, joint pains and facial breakouts will all disappear. My skin will start to look so clear and even, my nails get stronger and I don't even get sick. My feminine flora smells clean and fresh even after a long day at work. It's amazing how that happens when taking DE. I just pulled out another bag of it last night so you know I mean business :yep:.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
@sunflora, have you started your DE detox yet? Is it helping?

Yep, it seems to be helping quite a bit! The worst of my symptoms cleared up pretty quickly, the yuckies in my chest/throat thinned out enough that my cough decreased. I had been miserable for almost two weeks. Now I just have a bit of remaining symptoms, how I usually feel toward the end of a cold.

Mingus

Yep, it seems to be helping quite a bit! The worst of my symptoms cleared up pretty quickly, the yuckies in my chest/throat thinned out enough that my cough decreased. I had been miserable for almost two weeks. Now I just have a bit of remaining symptoms, how I usually feel toward the end of a cold.
Woohoo! Confirmation! :yay: So basically, we have the cure for the common cold here, and it literally costs pennies per dose. My cold is gone, and that horrible mucus filled feeling never came back. I've been taking it every morning now since that first time.

RossBoss

I put DE in my cat's litterbox to prevent bugs from being attracted to it since the litterbox is kept in the basement.