2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

Lord thank you for discernment. Lord give me more ability to have compassion for others and to not ruffle feathers. I'm sitting here bewildered over something. Sometimes I wish I had been born in another era maybe I wouldn't be perceived the way I am. Thank you for new mercies Lord.

I keep seeing folks chat about marriage here. (This isn't directed to anyone just rt)Why is it important I wonder. I use to desire it as well but I don't as much anymore because if it will happen it will. No need to continue to repeat the same prayer because God won't move til it's the exact time. That was a very hard pill to swallow a few months ago but until one is ready to have a mate if they will even have a one, then the time now is to enjoy life to the max,do as much as possible to glorify God. I'm reminded of a scripture can't remember the book but it said that if your single remain that way as you are able to focus on the Lords work. I will focus on what I'm here to do and hopefully the prayer I prayed a long time ago will manifest.

sidney

I am glad the Lord judges our intentions, he knows when our desire is to help even despite how it may be perceived. He will judge each man according to intentions and deeds. Lord continue to help us share your words with truth and grace. Amen.

LifeafterLHCF

Happy to be in the land of the living for another day. I know it's a holiday to some and I hope those who have fathers indulge. But for those without one don't feel bad just know our father is in heaven. Thank God for a real heavenly father when your earthly one walks away from you at 6 days on this earth.

Lord I'm listen to worship service right now. Lord I want to so badly be in there. God please allow the desire of my heart to come forth and allow me to move to MD. I know your will occur Lord,please just align my desire with your will so my heart won't be broken if my desire doesn't happen.

LoveisYou

SOmething I learned from listening to a video on pride:

Judging someone because they are not doing things the way you are doing things is pride. Essentially you are saying you're somehow better than them, because they don't do things your way.

It's one thing to speak the truth in love, it's another to judge others because they're not like you.

Last edited:

sidney

Hey Ladies, I would like to publicly apologize if my posts are offensive to anyone. More often than not, its something God has recently corrected me on and I put off posting it for a while or he has is currently correcting me on it and I felt that he wanted me to share it with the board. I spend time in prayer and worship to get these messages, not to condemn but to help someone. I do not go and search out verses to share, these are the verses that literally "pop up" in my prayer and devotion and study time. I appreciate the grace that you extend to me as I continue to learn to demonstrate it. If God tells me to post something, I will post it because I must please Him and do as He says. I am enjoying fellowshipping with you ladies. God bless!

sidney

SOmething I learned from listening to a video on pride:

Judging someone because they are not doing things the way you are doing things is pride. Essentially you are saying you somehow better than then, because they don't do things your way.

It's one thing to speak the truth in love, it's another to judge other's because they're not like you.

Very true, I will personally keep this in mind.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
An egg cooked below boiling point won't harden... Father's Day brought to mind that children are OURS only for a while. That is why we believe in dedicating our children back to God, as done in the Bible. In truth, they are HIS and are Gifts, assigned to us. It is up to us to nurture them and bring them up in the way of the Lord in a balanced way. Not overly protective (coddling) yet not too permissive.

LoveisYou

When you are strategically placed to be a beacon of light, you WILL be challenged. People will dislike you because you tell the truth; because you have a standard; because you are a carrier of the gospel.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I've been having "I'll be happy when" thoughts...I need to be happy now and praise him even while I'm going through.

LifeafterLHCF

Pruning and being crushed of self is not fun. Getting up and getting that prayer time in is so key for me. I know right now I desire a friend that I can share it with but I blew it major with one I thought would be. I trust and will believe that when the time comes God will show me a friend that I can be transparent with and know want judge me. I make mistakes and I'm not a horrid person. I'm seeking to build solid connections with those who want to glorify God with everything. Be the blessing you already are ladies really.

LifeafterLHCF

I feel so basic right now spritually. I'm researching topics and reading and studying alot of articles on various basic topics. To me I won't be effective to the world or my next phase of life until I learn and really own certain topics. It gives me hope that if I can really get this into my mind and allow these things take over my mind then I could possible be of some holy worth.

DreamLife

Two people close to me have reallly shown me the bitterness/anger in their heart through their rude actions and words. I'm choosing to forgive because I know I have done the same myself. Its just sort of shocking coming from family and I'm hoping that I can prevent a noticeable change in these two relationships. I will distance myself for now, as I need to take a breather but keep them in my prayers. Its funny, because they don't even know that I'm hurt by anything they have done or said...one didn't realize I overheard and saw something, and the other just doesn't get it. So its best to forgive, because they are going on about their life.

On another note, I need to make fellowship with other believers a higher priority. Its time to pray for guidance while looking for a church in my new city. Can't continue trying to do this Christian walk alone. Even though my work schedule won't permit regular church attendance I can at least try.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Learning what love is very complex. Love is patient and kind,it's not rude,it never boast,it's not self-seeking we have all read the verse. To me it's almost as though you have to dissect this verse and break down each word. Like what is patience? What is kindness? We all have our definition of what each means but what is the true meaning. God is love but then if that is so how can we walk around so not loving when God is in us? I direct these thoughts to myself as I haven't been the most loving not to man but to self. How can one truly love deeply if they don't truly deeply love themselves? I wonder if there is a class or something lol. I'm not patient with self nor kind. I'm boorish to myself so it's no surprise that at times I'm boorish with others. It's not my proudest moments but at least I'm learning..

If we lived as though we are loved what type of life would we really lead? Just a thought for today.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^just last night I was thinking about what love truly is and what it isn't. Came to some harsh realizations.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Had a conversation with a friend who celebrated 40 years of marriage by taking his wife to another country for a week. I didn't know they were married that long, but I did note that when he talks about her it's as if they just met and the years gone by weren't even a factor. In their company, she's tends to laugh at his corny jokes. :lol: But one thing he said about his anniversary stuck with me..."She's my best friend". This man loves God but when he said that about his wife it made sense... DH is my best friend. One time, he jokingly told me I'm the best thing to happen to you since Jesus. :look: I thought it was corny when he said it...LOL.. but.. in reflection, after speaking with the old man, DH was onto something I'd missed...

These thoughts just underscores to me the importance of man's covenant with God and how His Covenant is mirrored in earthly marriage. God surely is an awesome God!

CoilyFields

Funny...yesterday morning I posted in the Fellowship thread that I wasn't active in my new church because I hadn't completed the 28 week new members class yet...and yesterday evening my Pastor told me that I needed to start teaching NOW regardless of where I am in the new members class lol. Ok Lord...I hear you!

GloriousPraise

Went to my parent's church this past Sunday. We started to leave early (near end of the sermon), in order to beat the crowds to the restaurants (Father's Day). :look:

I'm glad we stayed until the end. Just as the pastor completed the benediction, he said, almost randomly, "and today, work hard on keeping peace and joy. Make an effort to maintain it".

That statement has continued to resonate with me. I've interpreted it as meaning that I should be both proactive and defensive in pursuit of my own life's happiness which is rooted in Christ. So basically, I should aggressively do the things I understand to be right, and fiercely avoid things I know I shouldn't be doing.

Man, I can hardly express how strongly that thing is burning inside me.

sidney

Funny...yesterday morning I posted in the Fellowship thread that I wasn't active in my new church because I hadn't completed the 28 week new members class yet...and yesterday evening my Pastor told me that I needed to start teaching NOW regardless of where I am in the new members class lol. Ok Lord...I hear you!

You better go and make disciples...you know better lol

LifeafterLHCF

GloriousPraise;16210357]Went to my parent's church this past Sunday. We started to leave early (near end of the sermon), in order to beat the crowds to the restaurants (Father's Day). :look:

I'm glad we stayed until the end. Just as the pastor completed the benediction, he said, almost randomly, "and today, work hard on keeping peace and joy. Make an effort to maintain it".

That statement has continued to resonate with me. I've interpreted it as meaning that I should be both proactive and defensive in pursuit of my own life's happiness which is rooted in Christ. So basically, I should aggressively do the things I understand to be right, and fiercely avoid things I know I shouldn't be doing.

Man, I can hardly express how strongly that thing is burning inside me.[/QUOTE]

GloriousPraise I really like this post. I am discovering that you have to fight for what you desire. We are responsible for our own happiness. It's a fine line that we have to do because in the same breathe we are to put others needs above our own but if we aren't meeting our own needs we are really unable to be effective in helping people.

Thank you for sharing this as I was thinking about this on the commute in this morning.

Thank God for another chance and new seasons. I am thankful for those that have been placed in my life be it at a distance or in person. Working on living in the moment and walking in love. Lord I never believed I would get to this point of wanting to be what you made me to be and not operate in the past. The past isn't comfy anymore.

GloriousPraise

GloriousPraise I really like this post. I am discovering that you have to fight for what you desire. We are responsible for our own happiness. It's a fine line that we have to do because in the same breathe we are to put others needs above our own but if we aren't meeting our own needs we are really unable to be effective in helping people.

^^ This all day. It is a fine line. We are biblically instructed to love our neighbors AS WE LOVE OURSELVES. To me, this implies that we've got to put strong effort into loving others..without getting so caught up in the effort, that we forget to love ourselves.

LifeafterLHCF

^^ This all day. It is a fine line. We are biblically instructed to love our neighbors AS WE LOVE OURSELVES. To me, this implies that we've got to put strong effort into loving others..without getting so caught up in the effort, that we forget to love ourselves.

GloriousPraise see this is so true. The thing that is major to me is knowing what love is. Many think love is being this or that and it's not. Loving people isn't a easy thing but God. I know some people aren't the easiest to love but we are commissioned to. Not for brownie points because there nothing I can or cant' do that will take away God's love. If we only could do that here.

GloriousPraise

Loving people isn't a easy thing but God. I know some people aren't the easiest to love

And all the people said...AMEN!!!:lachen:And the cantankerous ones usually need the most love, time, attention, etc. That's why it has to be God.

LifeafterLHCF

And all the people said...AMEN!!!:lachen:And the cantankerous ones usually need the most love, time, attention, etc. That's why it has to be God.

Exactly. I mean I'm not the easiest to love either. When we say love true love we accept the person where they are and not belittle and berate them. Love has been thrown around so causally now a day. It's not even funny.

auparavant

If one starts at a humiliating point of humbleness, professing that it is all Christ and not self, because we do not deserve the grace, then one doesn't have to be fearful of charges from others, even in your imperfectness and faults. Begin with humility. Even if the outside world rejects the message, they are rejecting Christ - the humble one and G-d complete. I profess no perfection at all.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I hope this is my last message here for a while. There are just thoughts. I don't want to be a christian who needs a hype man. I want to be ever so deep in God that just by taking breathe I am praising.

Studying on love has uncovered such deep things that it has really opened my eyes to the fact I need to be away from the things that I have clung to.

I yearn for fellowship I didn't think the day would ever come. After watching church online and even doing the prayer monitor role, I still desire to have conversations with folks.

I will after a associate ship here that failed due to me, I really desire to be accountable to someone. I know this will be a deep quest because to be accountable as I was told I must be transparent.

I'm not my story I'm not my past. I'm not a failure, I'm not this disgusting horrid ugly person who is less than society as a whole. I'm a great person who has alot to give to the world. I wanted to share that with places I'm on but I can't do it anymore online.

I will take time to really purge my heart and soul. I have been added to so much here. I hope one day to add back to others.

God I am finally slowly able to see the person you made me to be..I am what you see.

auparavant

Ya know, what's the difference between complaining about people trying to convert you to their faith and talking about their beliefs as stupid when what they did to you, you're doing to another? I don't give a rat's behind what your religion is...cuz man and G-d remain true to their natures. EVerybody has a preference. But isn't it suspect you get ticked about somebody trying to proselytize you with their nonsense...and your side does the same but you never admit it happens? Sigh...it's the same thing! LIke, why are you blind to that?