2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Lilac87

I feel so defeated right now.

It seems like all of my friends or associates are doing something with their lives and becoming successful. Some are getting into Grad School, Med School, graduating Law School, getting their CPA license, etc

And then there's me. I feel like I'm roaming this earth with a big ol question mark above my head. I've been praying and praying and praying for God to show me some direction in terms of a great career path for me. I really want to pursue something that works well with the talents and gifts that God has given me, but I don't know what that is so I pray, all the time, for some guidance.

In the meantime, I've been doing everything I can to find out what it is that I can do with my life. I take classes, I go to workshops, I do research and of course, pray some more. And then, just when I think that I've found something that I'm interested in and develop some sort of a dream for it, I either lose interest, or it doesn't work out for whatever reason or I find out that someone in my circle of friends has already beat me to the punch.

Like today, I found out one of my friends gets to live out what I've been dreaming of doing for quite some time. So now I feel a little jealous, but mostly frustrated, discouraged and feeling like God is mocking me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

auparavant

^^^Sounds like you are an independent, artsy type of personality and are directed more towards social issues, spiritual and cultural aspects? It's tough, but you do it. I'd talk to a counselor at your university and explain to them exactly what you feel. If there is someone in a field you think you might be interested in, make them your mentor for a time so you can find out exactly what they do before diving into the major.

L-rd, please show this dear sister what it is she should do and provide the way for her...and everyone else out there lurking or having a similar situation they feel embarassed and defeated about. We thank you , in Jesus' name, Amen.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

This reminds me of a little song:

God is good,
God is good,
Good is good to me, how can I let Him down, how can I let Him down
He's been so good to me...

He picked me up, turn me around
Placed my feet on higher ground, how can I let Him down, how can I let Him down
He's been so good to me...

God is a good God.... yes, He is!

Lilac87

I'm feeling much better now after praying and talking to God and listening to advice and motivation from others. What God has for me IS for me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord...[Jeremiah 29:11]

auparavant

I both lost and gained today and in the end, feel that I have more hope about a certain situation. Things are looking up and I feel less stress and heaviness on my shoulders. I can sense the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks be to G-d.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord you are so good I can't even explain. I was a bit nervous about my money situation and thankfully it should all work out. I am picking up that I have the tendency to find something to worry about bc it's been my norm. I am checking myself bc I don't want to live like that. I told one girl at work who was so hot baby either worry and don't pray or pray and don't worry and I prefer you do the one that will add to you. I'm pouring myself into things and not allowing environment and snakes make me.

LifeafterLHCF

This won't be a pretty thought but oh well. I am grateful Lord but I come to this spot again in the road in regards to purpose and plan. I am not dumb and the things you are having me do right now that I am doing my best to do with joy feel stupid. I know on some way your getting glory from it but in the same I would like to be in a better phase of life. I know I haven't made all the right choices but I see so many coming up and getting that come up and I'm like I'm in the same ole place. I'm trying to work through this because I don't want to be bitter and I don't want to not be happy for others. I have so many things right now going through my mind in regards to what I need to do and what I want to do. I feel paralyzed on what to do bc I hate making mistakes. A certain thing that brings me joy is very remedial and I shouldn't like it bc it's not intellectual nor of upper standing. I just wish things were mad plain so I can do them and move on. I just don't want to be lame my whole life Lord I'm so serious. It's embarrassing and pathetic waste of creation. Help me align God and take intellect away from me if I'm suppose to do something remedial. I don't want to always be in the just enough phase I want plenty Lord I want to live life for once..I want my ending to be oh so much better than my start. Ok vent over back to reading.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I see over and over again in Scripture that the Lord chooses those who have no ambitions of greatness...often those who haven't thought at all about becoming "somebody" for God or anyone else. Fervor in carrying out his will is a must; but the path of promotion in His kingdom is simply faithfulness to what is before us today.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There is a time, season and purpose for everything under heaven....

This, too, shall pass.

Eccl. 3: 11 - He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men’s hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

Stay firmly rooted, through your Seasons!

Iwanthealthyhair67

The need to know everything can be a hindrance to our walk…God is not going to give us all the details, but we must trust God and occupy in the main time.

The word says; “I” know the plans I have towards you, some of those plans are revealed to us through the reading of His word, spending time in prayer etc., Most often the plans that He has for us are different from the plans that we have for ourselves. There is a process, (sounds cliché, but it is truth) it will take time to manifest itself, I believe that, that ‘manifestation’ is often delayed by our response to the process.

Walking by faith requires lots of patience and trust, it’s not always knowing where you are going but trusting God to do the leading.

Iwanthealthyhair67

God wants to move you to the next level ...but first let Him 'work out' of you that which needs to be removed so that you can fully function in your new capacity.

bad, temper, impatience, telling lies (small and big), pride, meaness, sarcasm whatever that thing is that so easily besets you let him remove it so that you can move to the next level both physically and spiritually.

Nonie

We should pray when we are in a praying mood,
for it would be sinful to neglect so fair an opportunity.
We should pray when we are not in a proper mood,
for it would be dangerous to remain in so unhealthy a condition.

- Charles Spurgeon -

LifeafterLHCF

As much as I want to be with someone I know God has me alone for a reason. I think that is why I have no close friends that are near to me. He wants me alone. I hope it's not forever but if it is I will be content and happy.

I'm grateful for my blessings. Something as simple as walking a nice distance I'm grateful for bc someone out there can't move due to many reasons. This really pushes me and makes me want to keep trying.

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”
(Hebrews 13:1-6 ESV)

LoveisYou

Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.....
Lord you gave me a revelation about counsel in that verse
And when I listened to that advice I wondered
Lord please help me to remember your revelations
Please help me to remember

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
As much as I want to be with someone I know God has me alone for a reason. I think that is why I have no close friends that are near to me. He wants me alone. I hope it's not forever but if it is I will be content and happy.

I'm grateful for my blessings. Something as simple as walking a nice distance I'm grateful for bc someone out there can't move due to many reasons. This really pushes me and makes me want to keep trying.

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”

I have to share something and it's dedicated to you. You mentioned in an earlier post (upwards) about 'being better' and I promised you that I would three things better last week.

As soon as I can I will share a beautiful and loving act of love that was presented to me and how I responded. It has some history to it, so I have to share it later in the week. I just wanted you to know how much of an inspiration you have been to me.

Thank you, I really mean it. Thank you Little Sister. :kiss:

LifeafterLHCF

Sometimes I hold alot back when posting here bc some can be very judgemental esp when things aren't fully described. However even with all of that I'm happy to read some great things here. Right now I feel I'm in a strange place. I'm wanting to purge so much out of me. I want to do what it is I'm called to do even if it's not what I desire. However in the same thought process I'm still hitting my knees constantly bc I know I'm created to be more than a basic person. I know that I have the ability to do more. It's not so much I'm proud it's just I believe the one who created me didn't make anything basic. I'm in limbo right now. I'm blessed to have a job,a place to live,food in my fridge etc. However the future is something I think heavily on because I don't want to make the wrong turn. I know life is about choices and making those choices count well. God if only I could get a peak at the future of what I'm suppose to do I could make the best of my low time in life.

auparavant

I knew when I spoke against it with scripture and that person responded directly. Maybe it's trailing folks...but then again, they did answer to it. I could definitely be mistaken about it, but then again, I don't think so. It's way too obvious. I've dealt with such before and it always ends up the same...His word is powerful.

sidney

“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”

Just realized you typed this after my post, today, thanks. I agree with you that God wants us to just be content..thanks.

Last edited:

sidney

Sometimes I hold alot back when posting here bc some can be very judgemental esp when things aren't fully described. However even with all of that I'm happy to read some great things here. Right now I feel I'm in a strange place. I'm wanting to purge so much out of me. I want to do what it is I'm called to do even if it's not what I desire. However in the same thought process I'm still hitting my knees constantly bc I know I'm created to be more than a basic person. I know that I have the ability to do more. It's not so much I'm proud it's just I believe the one who created me didn't make anything basic. I'm in limbo right now. I'm blessed to have a job,a place to live,food in my fridge etc. However the future is something I think heavily on because I don't want to make the wrong turn. I know life is about choices and making those choices count well. God if only I could get a peak at the future of what I'm suppose to do I could make the best of my low time in life.

It's about an attitude of humility, HE will exalt you at the proper time. If you know you are created for more, then you are created for more. In proverbs, it says humility and the fear of the Lord will lead you to prosperity, over and over again it says it. Take the lowest seat and be content...and serve with a cheerful attitude. It's a discipline we all have to master.

sidney

I see over and over again in Scripture that the Lord chooses those who have no ambitions of greatness...often those who haven't thought at all about becoming "somebody" for God or anyone else. Fervor in carrying out his will is a must; but the path of promotion in His kingdom is simply faithfulness to what is before us today.

NK, you said a mouthful, I also believe that Joseph's secret was faithfulness and I believe it explicitly says it in scripture.

LifeafterLHCF

It's about an attitude of humility, HE will exalt you at the proper time. If you know you are created for more, then you are created for more. In proverbs, it says humility and the fear of the Lord will lead you to prosperity, over and over again it says it. Take the lowest seat and be content...and serve with a cheerful attitude. It's a discipline we all have to master.

One can desire more and be humble.

This isn't directed to you sidney just a thought I see so often within the black christian community moreso than in other cultures. One can and should desire more than just the basics. One also must stay on there face along the process. I have met some Christians who drain me of ever ounce of my energy because it's the mentality of just getting by. Be grateful for all you have,be generous and never stop aspiring for more. All one does should not just help you come up but others as well. That's why my focus on wanting to be used more and desiring more is rooted in.

sidney

One can desire more and be humble.

This isn't directed to you sidney just a thought I see so often within the black christian community moreso than in other cultures. One can and should desire more than just the basics. One also must stay on there face along the process. I have met some Christians who drain me of ever ounce of my energy because it's the mentality of just getting by. Be grateful for all you have,be generous and never stop aspiring for more. All one does should not just help you come up but others as well. That's why my focus on wanting to be used more and desiring more is rooted in.

I think what you said here lines up with Paul when he says I know how to be both in content and in want. I think I understand where you are coming from...tricky balance but i think it can be done.:yep: I'm just asking for my daily bread right now and for his will for my life. I think it varies with each person...I believe I am in the career that I am called to be in so it isn't as much of a search so I understand...but I also happen to know that sometimes the things we think we need aren't as satisfying as just abiding with the one we already have...but everyone already likely already knows this and when we forget we end up chasing the wind again.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I was reading this due the beauty Nicelady blog.

This really hits at what I'm dealing with right now. I'm forcing myself to go to the word instead of dwelling on things negatively. I know it's time to walk and not think too deeply. There will never be a perfect time so it's time I pray and do.

Cast your bread upon the waters,
for you will find it after many days.
Give a portion to seven, or even to eight,
for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.
If the clouds are full of rain,
they empty themselves on the earth,
and if a tree falls to the south or to the north,
in the place where the tree falls, there it will lie.
He who observes the wind will not sow,
and he who regards the clouds will not reap.
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.
Light is sweet, and it is pleasant for the eyes to see the sun.
So if a person lives many years, let him rejoice in them all; but let him remember that the days of darkness will be many. All that comes is vanity.
Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
Remove vexation from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for youth and the dawn of life are vanity.

(Ecclesiastes 11 ESV)

Iwanthealthyhair67

how you respond to you present sitution can cause youto be in 'dry place' much much longer than intended ...remember the israelites journey should have been what 10 days and it took them 40 years why becuase they murmured and complained...