How long will it take to grow my hair to my waist?

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I have this chart!
(I didn't post it b/c I didn't know how
)

It's excellent, but remember to measure your own hair/back from crown/scalp to the length that you want to achieve. I say this because waist length for me is 26-27" not the 24" in the chart as I am 5'9. For someone shorter, it may be less than 24"

Great post HR!

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it is so funny... i posted the link for this chart a while ago in a post entitled "How to Measure Your Hair" or something like that......

skegeesmb

bump. And to get the most accurate measurement don't forget to add the inches from your scalp to your crown. And adjust for height.

MoezThunder

I went and dug this out of my old, dusty section for all the New Year challengers. This might give you guys a good gauge of what to look forward to and work hard for. If we just stay on track, we'll reach our goals in no time. Simplify your routines as much as possible so you'll stick with the whole time. Now pray...pray...pray. Your hair is your crowning glory!!

G

I wish we could redo that ad, replacing it with the back of a woman of color. I think it would be awesome to have a dark head of thick lucious textured hair. I'm not at the 4 year mark yet

Any volunteers?

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
I wish we could redo that ad, replacing it with the back of a woman of color. I think it would be awesome to have a dark head of thick lucious textured hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that would be real nice

GodMadeMePretty

Re: How long will it take to grow my hair to my wa

Thanks moezthunder for bumping.

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
I wish we could redo that ad, replacing it with the back of a woman of color. I think it would be awesome to have a dark head of thick lucious textured hair. I'm not at the 4 year mark yet

Any volunteers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adrienne, sherrylove, supergirl, any of you?????

Miosy

This chart is a good one. I visted this website before.
I think I am at 2.5 year mark

Miosy

Has anyone seen the actual Dec. 2003 picture on that website. The lady's hair is like knee length

alibi

hair bored

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
Has anyone seen the actual Dec. 2003 picture on that website. The lady's hair is like knee length

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh, but it looks nasty!

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh, but it looks nasty!

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, especially towards those ends. She could definitely stand to cut a few of inches off if she wanted too.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
Thanks moezthunder for bumping.

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:

Any volunteers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My sentiments exactly...

Karonica

I didn't get six inches this year, unfortunately, about 3 1/2-5 at the most, depending on which side of my head. Not complaining though. The back of my hair is about at the 15 inch mark and the sides are a scraggly 9-10.5.

adrienne0914

i'm at the 3.5 year mark. i think i'm on schedule, but my hair was longer than the one year mark. so i definitely didn't set any records. sigh...

i had diva measure my hair yesterday. it's at 27½" now (i'm short, yall). i think i started at 18". so that's a whopping 9" in three years...

with those kinds of results, i'm glad i didn't measure because i probably would have quit before now. that's like 3" a year...
like i've been saying, my hair grows really slow, but dang...

H

HoneyRockette

I was at the two year mark before I got my braids, which means I am a month ahead of schedule. I was at the one year mark last February.

HotCoCoGurl130

I just did the BC so I am at 1 inch, lol, so I really get to start all over again. Thats cool with me though.

I do have a question. Since I am now natural how long will waste length hair be on a natural with the added shrinkage.

inthepink

Lots has changed for me since I posted to this thread! I think my hair was more at the 4 year mark back then at the 3 year mark. I guess I was being modest back then but my hair was pretty long.

Right now, I am just above the 3 year mark. I'm hoping to be at the HEALTHY/THICK 4 year mark by the end of the year!

ElizaBlue

I think the model has a very long neck. I have only been growing my hair for a little over a year, however according to the chart my length is at the two year mark. I'm 5'4, and don't think I have that much room between my shoulders and my neck as the model. When I started growing my hair it was about ear length or a little longer.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
I'm at around the 13 inch mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, well I was actually around 13.5. I just trimmed my hair yesterday and took off 0.5-1.5 inches so I'm back at the 12-12.5 inch mark...sets me back an inch in my 12 inch challenge too...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
HoneyRockette said:

The words on the picture are nothing we haven't heard before but if anyone wants to know, it says:
Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.

Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows as average six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

[/ QUOTE ]

im an inch above the two year mark