What Type of grease will grow your hair

lovechic

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro.

[/ QUOTE ]
She went from shoulder length to waist length in 2 month using Frenchee Super Gro!

Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't believe it either. That's just not humanly possible for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ] AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
NOW I KNOW PIGS CAN FLY!!!!!

LABETT

I saw a lady who had very long and thick hair and I asked her what she use and she said castor oil and Blue Magic hair grease will definitely thicken up your hair.

candibaby

i remember blue magic! my mom used to grease my scalp with it when i was natural.. and long haired. why oh why did she have to put that perm in my head?!

rowandaP

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I tend to disagree, I've used grease and my hair and it grew long and thick, the vitamins help the hair growing process go a little faster, but don't use grease with heavy petroleum or mineral oil contents.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt the grease or the vitamins, unless you took them (vitamins) internally. I assume your talking about Grease with vitamins in it?

KaramelKendra

some type of hair can "get along " with grease..as long u dont put it in your scalp u can use it!I find BB Supergrow pretty good ,before to achieve bra strap lenght(Ive been sweating and prayed for 2 long years)I used to put it on my ends and lenght,it gave my hair a nice shine and made it real soft,Now I RARELY use it,But I believe It contributed to my hair growth.

rowandaP

I agree with Ms. K. It can "RETAIN" growth, maybe that's what you all mean.

It canT Grow it. Hair growth is a natural process, meaning it happens even if you do nothing at all to your hair.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I saw a lady who had very long and thick hair and I asked her what she use and she said castor oil and Blue Magic hair grease will definitely thicken up your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA, My hair has always been thin, then I started using Blue Magic as I got older (the past 9 years) and my hair has thickened up considerably. I use Blue Magic or Softee lightly on my scalp when I blow dry. I won't swear by it as far as the main factor contributing to my hair growth, but I experience more growth with grease than without. Go figure

I just remembered, as a child my mother always used good ole' grease and water to get those pony tails "right".

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My mom used to use Blue Magic and B&B Supergro and Black n' Sassy Tea Tree Oil Triple Gro. I don't think grease makes your hair grow, but it helps in retaining length.:)

I also dont think it clogs your pores because if it clogs your pores, it would make your hair not grow and you would have lots of build up and maybe even bumps/pimples in your scalp... just like when the pores in your face get clogged, it can form a pimple.

I stopped using grease only because it made my hair look greasy and my hair wasn't very flexible, but that was only if I applied too much. It can also be tedious when parting your hair and applying the grease...my arms get tired! But Im thinking about going back to doing so since I am transitioning and it will help to retain my new growth and prevent breakage at the two different textures.

Karonica

Yep Pooh, thta's why I stopped using it. The thicker my hair got, the more tedious it was to apply grease. I like using oil. I just pour my Hot 6 Oil in my old Profectiv Anti-Itch Oil bottle and apply it straight to my scalp so that I don't have to pour it in my hands. I love that little bottle.

Poohbear

Hey Karonica, I started using oils in April and they leave my hair smelling good but now I don't like how my neck feels all oily...even after I massage the oils to my scalp. I might lessen how much oils I apply. How can I apply it so it won't drip down my neck?

Poohbear

Yeah, I have my oils in an applicator bottle similar to that. I would just squeeze the oils right on top and let it fall down my scalp. Next time, I'll take your advice and start parting/sectioning my hair instead of doing it the lazy way!

LABETT

My hair is longer now than it has been in years and I dont use grease I just use oils and Profectiv Roothealth sometimes to tame newgrowth.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

It can also be tedious when parting your hair and applying the grease...my arms get tired! But Im thinking about going back to doing so since I am transitioning and it will help to retain my new growth and prevent breakage at the two different textures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm speedy fast or doing something wrong, but it takes a total of 5 minutes tops to grease my entire head. I use the tail of a rat tail comb to part then I apply grease. Then I follow with a blow dryer for about 45 seconds to melt it in.

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro.

[/ QUOTE ]
She went from shoulder length to waist length in 2 month using Frenchee Super Gro! Yeah right!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dolapo

i remember the bad old grease days. no wnder my hair never grew and inch. and the greasy pillowcases. "cringe"

Poohbear

Off topic but where is MzPrettygrl, the girl who started this thread? /images/graemlins/weird.gif She's only made 2 posts so far... maybe she's a lurking member... /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
i have used grease in my scalp to help my hair grow. it also gave it incredible sheen and movement. i think it works differently for ea. person. what works 4 me might not work 4 u, but to me, it is a must! :p lol

TonicaG

TonicaG
To each his own...What works for one might not work for another. I find that B B Super Gro works well. When I was young I remember my mother mixing Glovers Mane, Sulfer 8 with Blue Magic and I had pig tails down my back.

Again, to each his own...

B

ballet_bun

sassygirl125 said:
Oh Lawd! Dqt, that creepy child in your siggy is going to make my hair fall out!

:ban:

:lol:

I know. I was going to PM her and ask what/who that child is ...creepy :eek: :lol:

The only time I really use grease is when it's touch-up time. That's when my scalp gets really, really sore. No amount of moisterizer or oil will penatrate 8 weeks of new growth. :perplexed I'm not particular about which kind of grease to use. I like the green stuff... although the name escapes me. :confused:

Mestiza

Poohbear said:
I saw a thread about a grease called Frenchee aka Dogmane...I think the screen name of the person who posted the thread was wingtoe (you might want to PM her). She said her hair grew from shoulder length to waist length in 2 months using Frenchee Super Gro. They said it is similar to Glovers.

I used Black n Sassy Tea Tree Oil Triple Gro and it helped with growing my hair by preventing breakage. I think thats the only way grease can help with growth is by preventing breakage
Wow, that is some incredible hair growth. :eek:

Does anyone know if she's still a member of LHCF? I couldn't find her in the member list.