Elyse's Product Review - Aura's Humectant Pomade

G

Elyse\'s Product Review - Aura\'s Humectant Pomade

<font color="blue">I am almost at the bottom of my bottle of Kiehl's with silk groom, which is fairly expensive, so I thought that I'd try something a little less costly to see how it would work. Aura's product is a knock off of Aveda's Purefume Brilliant Humectant Pomade which sells for about $15-$16 for a 2 oz jar. The Aura version is sold at Sally's and only goes for about $5-$6. It works well on my hair when I wear it curly and keeps it shiny, moisturized and gives good curl definition. It does not have the strong, floral, purfumey smell of the Aveda brand, which is a plus in my opinion.

The only downside is that it does not make my hair *quite* as shiny as the Kiehl's product. What I'll probably do is combine it with my castor oil to get that extra shine.

Over all, I'd give it a thumbs up becasue it is reasonably priced, highly concentrated and does a decent job without making my hair sticky ot crunchy. </font color>

G

Re: Elyse\'s Product Review - Aura\'s Humectant Pomade

Hi

This is free to be here. I agree with u. i don't think I can spend the money on Aveda ever since I discovered the Aura version of their pomade. I wish they made the non-humectant pomade.

G

Sorry! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif I meant to say this is Free2BMe here

Kitkat

Re: Elyse\'s Product Review - Aura\'s Humectant Poma

Hi Elyse, it's Kitkat. Where did you find the Aura's Humectant? Can you pick it up at any beauty supply store? My hair takes on a natural look when I wet it and don't roller set it, and I'd love to find something to maintain the waves when I wear it like this. <font color="blue"> </font color>

Allandra

<font color="blue"> I saw this product in Sally Beauty Supply. It does have a nice lite smell (unlike Aveda products).
I haven't tried it, but it's something that I'd like to try in the future. </font color>