Frizziness after the Big Chop

DigitalRain

I b/c'd on 1/19/10. I've gotten a decent amount of growth since then. I've noticed that with that growth, my coils are becoming less defined and the frizziness is becoming a problem. I'm not sure what to do about that. Any suggestions?

Bubblingbrownshuga

When do you notice the frizziness? Before or after sleeping?

What products are you using?

Are you spritzing your hair daily with water?

DigitalRain

The frizziness is almost always there especially after a wash. I use Isoplus Shampoo (its sulfate free) or I co wash, and then I use watered down Aussie moist or Giovanni Direct as a leave in. Afroveda Shea Amla Butter cream and then Eco Styler to define curls.

prettybyrd

I just looked at your Fotki - cute BC! It suits your face so well!

When I BC'd back in 1999, I had my hair cut down very low, and the stylist used scissors. As my hair grew in it was very curly and shiny. I didn't use very expensive products, I was a poor college student, but my hair was rarely frizzy.

Fast forward to 2001 when I BC'd again after some damage, and I went to a barber who just chopped all my hair off with clippers. The hair grew in much tougher and it was frizzy all the time.

I think that they way your hair is cut has a lot to do with the frizziness you experience after. I have sported the TWA look for YEARS, and I've learned that unless I am working with someone who can use scissors well on curly hair, the grow out process is going to be long and arduous.

Frequent DC's will help, but not more than dustings to keep your ends from being blunt.

Krymsonkween

OP I am relaxed n my hair was so frizzy after washing n blow drying wheather cold air or hot air.

I was reading last night and trying to find a good cheap product. I found olive oil worked right away. I woke up this morning and not frizzy even last night when I put the oil on my frizzies were gone!

Hope it helps.

natural_one

My hair was the same way until it got longer. But even now my hair just doesnt clump like most people's hair. I have to put a lot of gel to make it clump, so I just gave up and stopped fighting it. I make sure its moisturized, add a little gel for a light hold, and keep it moving!