• Yes

Votes: 65 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Shimmie LOL "For years, I used to wear the Timex 'Indiglow' watches because I loved that they had a backlight and I could see the time when I was traveling at night."

:lol:I miss the timex watches too. I had the kind with different color bands…:lachen:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Shimmie LOL "For years, I used to wear the Timex 'Indiglow' watches because I loved that they had a backlight and I could see the time when I was traveling at night."

:lol:I miss the timex watches too. I had the kind with different color bands…:lachen:

@InVue.... :hiya: Thanks for joining in. Now, I have a Timex Sista.... "YOU" :bighug:

I used get the 'gift box' set which had the different colored 'rings' that you could put on the front of the watch. I used to change up to match what I wore each day. I need to 'google' Timex and find out if they still exist.

I haven't worn a watch since.... :lol:

greenandchic

@greenandchic ... Hey 'stud (earring) girls' rule... :gorgeous: My daughter and I wouldn't be without them.

I don't blame you one bit about the larger earrings because if they're too heavy, they will stretch. I learned the hard way long ago.

I also wear the small hoop style earrings; and the kind of earrings that have the safety back (it's like a lever). I like the way both of these styles have a one step closure. :yep:

Here's to more Happy Anniversaries and God's Blessings upon you and many, more gemstones to celebrate the love that surrounds you. :love3:

Awww, the same to you! Your wedding photos are beautiful by the way!

Shimmie

Staff member
Awww, the same to you! Your wedding photos are beautiful by the way!

O' My Goodness, you're so precious, @greenandchic

The wedding photo in my siggy are of another couple who have inspired so many Christians. When you have a moment, click on the link. They chose to put God first by praying before the ceremony. :yep:

Last edited:

greenandchic

O' My Goodness, you're so precious, @greenandchic

The wedding photo in my siggy are of another couple who have inspired so many Christians. When you have a moment, click on the link. They chose to put God first by praying before the ceremony. :yep:

I did click on the link - sorry I though those were your photos, LOL! My DH and I prayed before our ceremony, it was part of the actual ceremony...:yep:

felic1

I own jewelry and wear it sometimes. I have been busy since my parents were ill and haven't had it on very often. I have not been at my home and have been at my mother's a lot. I will wear jewelry if I remember. I enjoy makeup. I have been wearing a wig and look better in it with some foundation a little blush and some lipstick. I feel pretty wearing a little. It provides a finish.

Shimmie

Staff member
I did click on the link - sorry I though those were your photos, LOL!

My DH and I prayed before our ceremony, it was part of the actual ceremony...:yep:

Beautiful... and God was right there smiling and saying:

My 'children' in whom I am well-pleased... let no man put asunder. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
I own jewelry and wear it sometimes. I have been busy since my parents were ill and haven't had it on very often.

I have not been at my home and have been at my mother's a lot. I will wear jewelry if I remember. I enjoy makeup. I have been wearing a wig and look better in it with some foundation a little blush and some lipstick. I feel pretty wearing a little. It provides a finish.

felic1... :love2:

Your parents have a 'fine jewel', a rare and precious gem...

It's 'You', Precious One. It's you. :love3: Precious Felic1, it's you.

Such a jewel you are, l who leaves all of her life behind to care for them, to love them, to nurture them. Beyond all jewelry and makeup, that's your true and precious beauty.

God bless you and I am praying for you and your parents, that they have 'long life' and are healed in Jesus' Name... Amen.

Prudent1

Thanks @Choclatcotton ...

Does it have a backlight? :lol:

I miss those 'Indiglow' watches that I used to have. :yep: I haven't been able to find them.

@Shimmie LOL "For years, I used to wear the Timex 'Indiglow' watches because I loved that they had a backlight and I could see the time when I was traveling at night."

@InVue.... :hiya: Thanks for joining in. Now, I have a Timex Sista.... "YOU" :bighug:

I used get the 'gift box' set which had the different colored 'rings' that you could put on the front of the watch. I used to change up to match what I wore each day. I need to 'google' Timex and find out if they still exist.

Shimmie,
I bought and wear a Timex watch with the indiglo feature everyday:look::lol:. I purchased it from Target b/c I needed something durable for work that I would not be upset if something happened to it (lost, damaged, etc):yep:.

Now, yes I wear jewelry. Often and of all sorts. It expresses my mood, personality, and individual style IMO. Some real pieces, some costume. I think it is always situation/wardrobe appropriate though.

My daily jewelry includes my trusty Timex, a bracelet (Inscribed with Prov 31) to remind of what I'm striving for (sigh), and multi colored but simple hoop earrings purchased from Charming Charlie. All b/c of my work environment. It is not practical or wise for me to wear nicer pieces on the job. I'm pretty laid back for the most part but when I want to dress up I dress up:gorgeous:...

Attachments

• Timex.jpg
    Timex.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P31.jpg
    P31.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie,

I bought and wear a Timex watch with the indiglo feature everyday:look::lol:.

I purchased it from Target b/c I needed something durable for work that I would not be upset if something happened to it (lost, damaged, etc):yep:.

Now, yes I wear jewelry. Often and of all sorts. It expresses my mood, personality, and individual style IMO. Some real pieces, some costume. I think it is always situation/wardrobe appropriate though.

My daily jewelry includes my trusty Timex, a bracelet (Inscribed with Prov 31) to remind of what I'm striving for (sigh), and multi colored but simple hoop earrings purchased from Charming Charlie. All b/c of my work environment. It is not practical or wise for me to wear nicer pieces on the job. I'm pretty laid back for the most part but when I want to dress up I dress up:gorgeous:...

PRUDENT1 ! ! ! H i i i i i i i i i.... How are you? :grouphug2: I've missed you.

And you have an Indiglo watch? :lol: I never thought of going to Target (Targee') or the Timex website. :spinning:

My first Indiglo came from my son and daughter as a Christmas gift (long time ago). Afterwards, I found them at Walmart, then they just 'disappeared'. I had gotten used to using my cell phones for the time and just gave up on them.

I just found the website you shared "Charming Charlie'...

http://www.charmingcharlie.com/jewelry.html

Thanks for coming in and sharing with us. Especially for helping a 'Sista' out with the Timex Indiglo ... I like your bracelet. You truly are Proverbs 31, always were.

God bless you Prudent1 :love2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I have a small jewelry box on my dresser and I mean small.. lol; I I use a silver jewelry cleaner, because most of the pieces are silver; the others are cleaned at the jewelry store. I've not tried the ammonia and hot water method. But that cleaner I have is strong as ammonia. whew

My husband bought me a really nice jewelry box from Pottery Barn last Christmas. It also comes with a small travel case. That is where I keep all my jewelry.

I'm curious as to how everyone cleans their jewelry. A jeweler told me years ago to use hot water and a little bit of ammonia. That is the only thing I use to clean my diamond studs and wedding rings. It works really well.

felic1

@felic1... :love2:

Your parents have a 'fine jewel', a rare and precious gem...

It's 'You', Precious One. It's you. :love3: Precious Felic1, it's you.

Such a jewel you are, l who leaves all of her life behind to care for them, to love them, to nurture them. Beyond all jewelry and makeup, that's your true and precious beauty.

God bless you and I am praying for you and your parents, that they have 'long life' and are healed in Jesus' Name... Amen.

Shimmie...This is a very sweet statement. I have had a great time with my parents. I ministered the sinners prayer to my father and he went to be with the Lord in 11/2013. It was an awesome experience. I never dreamed that my Dad would go and I could be jubilant. My mother did not have a good experience in the nursing home. I brought her home and we are pursuing a nursing agency to care for her in her home. I am really enjoying her and she us. She went in the hospital for a minute and will be home tomorrow! Be blessed! :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie...This is a very sweet statement. I have had a great time with my parents. I ministered the sinners prayer to my father and he went to be with the Lord in 11/2013. It was an awesome experience. I never dreamed that my Dad would go and I could be jubilant. My mother did not have a good experience in the nursing home. I brought her home and we are pursuing a nursing agency to care for her in her home. I am really enjoying her and she us. She went in the hospital for a minute and will be home tomorrow! Be blessed! :yep:

What a beautiful testimony felic1; you truly are a beautiful 'jewel' :love2:

InVue

Simple Life Lover

Shimmie I apologize for the late reply.

:lol: I did too. They were pretty watches to me. I didn't know they still exist until reading Prudent's post.

Thanks for the kind words and a great big hug back to you and the forum. :bighug:

Sosa

I like jewelry/accessories...I just love pretty things in general really :lol:. I enjoy putting accessories together with my outfit when I am going out. They add 'charm'.

I keep it simple day to day. For eg. Work and church is pearl earrings, brooch and sometimes a charm bracelet.

Shimmie

Staff member
I wear bracelets, a couple of rings and I want a Gold ring for my thumb like nobody's business. :lol:

@Shimmie. I found these Timex Indiglo watches on Amazon. Perhaps, they will be of some interest to you. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2dool96id6_b

Relentless... THANK YOU! :bighug:

A gold ring for your thumb sounds fabulous! I personally wouldn't get much typing done as it would keep hitting the keyboard. :lol:

But I hope you get one of the finest rings there are. Thanks again for the Indiglo link. I can't wait to check them out later on today.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie I apologize for the late reply.

:lol: I did too. They were pretty watches to me. I didn't know they still exist until reading Prudent's post.

Thanks for the kind words and a great big hug back to you and the forum. :bighug:

InVue, we just received another source for the Indiglo's from Relentless...

I'm so excited. I limited myself to Walmart and just never looked (searched any further). :drunk:

Here's the link from Relentless :yep:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2dool96id6_b

Renewed1

Yes. It ranges from simple and dainty to extreme gaudy jewelry. It really depends on the outfit and my mood.

Shimmie

Staff member
I like jewelry/accessories...I just love pretty things in general really :lol:. I enjoy putting accessories together with my outfit when I am going out. They add 'charm'.

I keep it simple day to day. For eg. Work and church is pearl earrings, brooch and sometimes a charm bracelet.

Sosa... :wave: Hi and thanks so much for joining in with us. :love2:

This is truly a 'girly-girl' thread. :reddancer:

I totally agree with the pearl earrings. It's also my daughter's birthstone and the meaning of her name. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes. It ranges from simple and dainty to extreme gaudy jewelry. It really depends on the outfit and my mood.

Hi 'M & M', thank you for joining us. :giveheart:

I love the dainty jewelry and even with the larger pieces, I know you have a wonderful collection of colors and styles to match your wardrobe.

Last edited:

Prudent1

Shimmie, thanks for the hugs:yep:. Back at 'cha! I am still putting in some serious hours on the job so I scan the forum and keep it moving:lol:. I miss all of you ladies too!!