2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

Iwanthealthyhair67

I believe that we haven't experienced the miracles of God because we are inconsistent, we doubt and waver more often than we believe.

Lord please help our unbelief .

Sosa

Know what's FLAWLESS?...God's track record.
Has He not said, and will He not do it?
"...And prove me now herewith," saith the LORD of hosts.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Sosa

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to start a thread last night about the promises of God, this was to be my first scripture.

I'm going to follow that up with...

Know what's FLAWLESS?...God's track record.
Has He not said, and will He not do it?
"...And prove me now herewith," saith the LORD of hosts.

mz.rae

For some reason the fact that me and the person I called my best friend is no longer my friend is really getting to me. And the fact that she deleted me from her facebook, but kept my ex on her friend's list is getting to me as well. I am at a point where I really hate her guts and can't seem to let go the emotions that I have harbored towards her. I keep thinking back on the situation, and some times I really think about confronting her but I know it's not going to be constructive. I really don't know what to do.

JaneBond007

For some reason the fact that me and the person I called my best friend is no longer my friend is really getting to me. And the fact that she deleted me from her facebook, but kept my ex on her friend's list is getting to me as well. I am at a point where I really hate her guts and can't seem to let go the emotions that I have harbored towards her. I keep thinking back on the situation, and some times I really think about confronting her but I know it's not going to be constructive. I really don't know what to do.

I have a "friend" situation as well. Mine I'm thinking was a closet racist. I just want to grandly ignore her next time I see her. I know it's wrong but that's how I feel. Short and sweet...."hi, bye!" :nono: Keep your head up, kid! People can be something and more.

crlsweetie912

I'm doubting myself big time. It's so weird. One of my "gifts" is discernment. In every area of my life work, family, friends, acquaintances, I can glean a person's spirit and intent. Right off the bat. I can read people like a book, but in my romantic relationships the total opposite. Lies, cheating abound. I guess my want for "love" is overshadowing my innate skill set...Just rambling at this point.....:cry2:

Holla

I wanted a new shower curtain/set for a bathroom. I was looking all over when I found one that I just love! It is from Walmart. It is the "Blessings" set. It has four short Bible verses relating to the "Blessings, Serve, Trust and Praise" on the shower curtain and then just the four words on everything else. It is cheaper to buy it online than in the store. It is nice to see scripture when I walk into that bathroom. A reminder of my faith!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butterfly-Blessings-Shower-Curtain/16783224

Highly Favored8

I wanted a new shower curtain/set for a bathroom. I was looking all over when I found one that I just love! It is from Walmart. It is the "Blessings" set. It has four short Bible verses relating to the "Blessings, Serve, Trust and Praise" on the shower curtain and then just the four words on everything else. It is cheaper to buy it online than in the store. It is nice to see scripture when I walk into that bathroom. A reminder of my faith!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butterfly-Blessings-Shower-Curtain/16783224
This is the one I want as well...

Iwanthealthyhair67

I still think and know in my heart that Jesus is the solution for every problem, his word says that he came to set the captives free, surely there is nothing too hard for God.

The answer is in prayer, fasting and in scripture. It is my desire to see the 'church' walking in the power and authority that Jesus said that we have.

LadyBugsy

od Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Divine.

I love this LadyBugsy! Sometimes we take having faith too literal and we never move when the signs are there. This actually reminds of my situation right now. I have been waiting for a sign to leave my current place of employment.

Before, I knew without a shadow of a doubt God had me there for a season. But now, I no longer have that feeling. I am only staying because of my finances. Each day, I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity to leave, but God has already shown me where this business is heading and that I need to get out.

Thank you Jesus for the Holy Spirit! This is what I needed.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I'm really starting to understand the phrase/verse, "don't get weary in well-doing". (I may have paraphrased.

Y'all. This is probably THE most random post, but I didn't know where else to post because I didn't want to offend anyone, but if I see another baby announcement post before an engagement, I'll probably scream. I've literally seen six baby announcement posts from my social organization's chapter, and they're all people I never would have a expected.

Meanwhile. I can't find a man, nor date man if it was to save my right pinkie toe,

I'm definitely not saying that I'm perfect, nor am I living the most perfect life right now, but I'm ready to start the next chapters of my life and I don't have anyone to do it with. Sigh.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sorry to interject your thoughts.. but I have to tell you so long as you are Saved and accepted Jesus, your life is perfect in Him. That is different from perfectionism, which can cause anxiety. What you think you're "lacking" could be space God is making in your life for something good or better. Please, pray on it and stay encouraged. I've found what I yearned for the most, is not what God wants for me at all. The flesh is a tricky thing.

I'm definitely not saying that I'm perfect, nor am I living the most perfect life right now, but I'm ready to start the next chapters of my life and I don't have anyone to do it with. Sigh.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I am so disturbed....

We were broken into 4 groups at my church one of which I am a leader, each group is responsible for services once per week from start to finish. I asked a male in my group to do something and he suggested that he do something else and let someone else do it. I'm disappointed and disturbed, men need to raise up and this is why women are at the forefront in ministry...the Lord uses willing vessels.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Sorry to interject your thoughts.. but I have to tell you so long as you are Saved and accepted Jesus, your life is perfect in Him. That is different from perfectionism, which can cause anxiety. What you think you're "lacking" could be space God is making in your life for something good or better. Please, pray on it and stay encouraged. I've found what I yearned for the most, is not what God wants for me at all. The flesh is a tricky thing.

Thank you. It's (situation) is extremely hard and frustrating. I know full well in my right mind that I shouldn't want who/what I want, because it's not good and a waste of time, but yet, better isn't here yet and so it's too easy to settle.

But thank you for your support and words of encouragement

Iwanthealthyhair67

2 Corinthians 5:10
10For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing]. (Amplified Version)

Iwanthealthyhair67

I am so disturbed....

We were broken into 4 groups at my church one of which I am a leader, each group is responsible for services once per week from start to finish. I asked a male in my group to do something and he suggested that he do something else and let someone else do it. I'm disappointed and disturbed, men need to raise up and this is why women are at the forefront in ministry...the Lord uses willing vessels.

UPDATE!!!!
I asked him to reconsider, he responded a few days later saying that he will not be like Jonah....He did the Lord's supper! The entire service was great worship was off the chains as usual. Glory to the Father!!!!

Iwanthealthyhair67

How many hours do you think you spend watching TV per week?

How many hours do you spend on pinterest or instagram?

How many hours do you spend on FB?

How many hours do you spend LHCF?

How many hours do you spend at work?

Tweeting?

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

How many hours did you spend with Jesus (his word, prayer, worship, church, his people)?

Remember what you sow you will surely reap!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
UPDATE!!!!
I asked him to reconsider, he responded a few days later saying that he will not be like Jonah....He did the Lord's supper! The entire service was great worship was off the chains as usual. Glory to the Father!!!!

Praise God! I'm happy how he yielded as God moved upon his heart. :pray:

mrselle

How many hours do you think you spend watching TV per week?

How many hours do you spend on pinterest or instagram?

How many hours do you spend on FB?

How many hours do you spend LHCF?

How many hours do you spend at work?

Tweeting?

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

How many hours did you spend with Jesus (his word, prayer, worship, church, his people)?

Remember what you sow you will surely reap!

Thank you for this. God has been dealing with me about this for a while now....well, if I'm honest, a long time. I spend too much time browsing the internet and far not enough time reading the Word, praying and witnessing to others.