Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

SmilingElephant

Well it's technically still tomorrow. I am so excited, ladies. :grin: I feel like singing. I know we still have two more months but I am done and I really hope everyone is as happy with their results as I am.

What you see below is my starting pic (first), pre-trim tonight (2nd) and post-trim (3rd). My hair overall is slightly longer, but what I'm so excited about is how thick it is. I had layers at the beginning of the year that were at BSL and now they are past WSL. The longest layer of my hair hit TBL again, but I'm not going to attempt that length until the rest of my hair catches up.

Alas, my flat iron skills still suck despite following Mo Knows Hair highly detailed instructions, but c'est la vie. Can't wait to see everyone else's results in the next couple months. HHJ!

I want my hair to look like this by summer of next year! I think i just need to get back on the ball with my deep conditioning. I don't do it like I used to :(

mssoconfused

I was past WL before I cut about 12 inches off my hair in January for my first big chop (cutting out my relaxer). I straightened it for the first time since then a week ago and I am in between MBL and WL. I'm really hoping I'll be full WL or HL this time next year.

SmilingElephant

Idk what length to call this. Grazing WL? Idk if u can see my birthmark on the small of my back. Im trying to grow my hair right above it. Like an inch above it. I think I just need 3 inches to reach it

CAM02327.jpg

CAM02324.jpg

Aireen

@SmilingElephant @mssoconfused

Yeah there's gonna be a challenge for 2015. I was thinking of making it closer to the end of the year but I'm making it now and I'll just have everyone sign up there and we'll move over there officially when this challenge is done.

Last edited:

Aireen

Hey, ladies! :wave: The 2015-2016 challenge is up! If you want to join, fill out the details (you can include a picture if you like) over there and we'll move once this challenge is officially over by 11:59:59PM on December 31st 2014.
Tagged only some of you that I've seen in thread and that I know have been active in the challenge but if I missed anyone, just join anyway and let anyone else that's interested follow the link to join too.

@SmilingElephant @mssoconfused @vmerie @marta9227 @melahnee @curlycrocheter @cocosweet @Cersei @SunRai Naturals @ManeStreet @halfindian @lulu97 @pre_medicalrulz @MileHighDiva @bebezazueta @Lucia @Carrie A @Dee Raven @Froreal3 @GroovyMama @NowIAmNappy @ronie @Napp @ChocolatePie777 @DoDo Trini_Chutney

Last edited:

Lucia

@SmilingElephant @mssoconfused Yeah there's gonna be a challenge for 2015. I was thinking of making it closer to the end of the year but I'm making it now and I'll just have everyone sign up there and we'll move over there officially when this challenge is done.
Oh I haven't even done an official length check I'm not straitening for a while so I won't be tempted to cut my ends I'm on the don't cut it challenge. I guess I do a stretched length check. I did update my avatar

Last edited:

Lucia

I'm ready to relax and trim already. I'm surprised my NG stayed this soft and manageable this long. I think I'm coming up on 20 weeks soon. I'm wondering why we are trying to grow our hair out this long anyway. Lol I mean do any of us even wear it out? :)

medicalrulz

Yes I do wear my hair out I just make sure to balance it out with some PS days and DCs I keep my hair tucked away a lot cause it's cold over here Midwest cold arctic vortex
And I will be wearing it out more once I reach goal cause then I'll be in maintenance cruise control.

Aireen

I'm ready to relax and trim already. I'm surprised my NG stayed this soft and manageable this long. I think I'm coming up on 20 weeks soon.

I'm wondering why we are trying to grow our hair out this long anyway. Lol I mean do any of us even wear it out? :)
Can't wait to see your progress, @pre_medicalrulz!

I wear my hair out all the time, it makes me feel feminine and I like the look of longer hair on me. Personally, I like either super short hair like pixie cuts or undercuts since they're edgy, or super long hair since it's feminine. Anything in between is too boring and just common – like SL, APL, BSL. I think after I have my hair really long for at least a couple of years to get it out of my system, I'll chop it off and rock something more punky.

vmerie

Undercover superhero
:yay::yay::party::dance7:
I reached hip length officially and am not too far from tailbone length. Giving my hair a nice trim for 2015. Meet you guys in the 2015-2016 thread. :)

almond eyes

:yay::yay::party::dance7:
I reached hip length officially and am not too far from tailbone length. Giving my hair a nice trim for 2015. Meet you guys in the 2015-2016 thread. :)

Whoa, gorgeous hair. Kindly, what is your regiment and how long did it take you to get to that length?

Best,
Almond Eyes

Aireen

Hey, ladies! Merry Christmas and happy new year! Hope everyone is well! The end of the challenge is near so please place all your updates (pics are nice too) here when you can! I'll be getting a moderator to lock this challenge officially in early January. If you haven't already and still need more time to get to HL-TBL, join us for round 2! :grin:

- @AlliCat
- @
BadGirlWithGoodGirlIntent
- @bebezazueta
- @bride91501
- @brown_skin_poppin
- @
Bun Mistress
- @candie19
- @Cersei
- @Cherry89
- @ChocolatePie777
- @ckisland
- @cnap
- @cocosweet
- @CrissieD
- @curlycrocheter
- @DanaFenty
- @danigurl18
- @Danniquin
- @
Dee Raven
- @D.Lisha
- @DoDo
- @EnExitStageLeft
- @Enyo
- @Evo-ny
- @Fhrizzball
- @fifigirl
- @
Forever in Bloom
- @foxymdiva
- @Gobal
- @grenadiancooliex3
- @GroovyMama
- @GrowLong
- @HoneyA
- @jazzicarmell
- @jesusislove1526
- @JosieLynn
- @JoyBelle
- @juusstsala
- @Kindheart
- @kurlllz
- @lacreolegurl
- @LaVgirl

- @LimitedEdition
- @LovelyDelight
- @LovingLady
- @Lovingmywaves12
- @lulu97
- @mamalicious
- @ManeStreet
- @ManiiSweetheart
- @mayoo
- @melahnee
- @MileHighDiva
- @miracles11
- @MixedGirl
- @MIZZKAY
- @mrs.reese
- @Mskraizy
- @
Ms. Tiki
- @nakialovesshoes
- @Nataliej

- @navila
- @Nightingale
- @Nix08
- @NJoy
- @nyqtpy21
- @nyunyu
- @praisedancer
- @pre_medicalrulz
- @prettynatural
- @rawsilk
- @rririla
- @Saludable84
- @Shadiyah
- @sharifeh
- @ShawnC
- @soldier4hair
- @Straighthoodtea
- @SunRai Naturals
- @syncerelyhis
- @trclemons
- @TraciChanel
- @Trini_Chutney
- @vmerie
- @WaistLengthDreams
- @Waistlengthhopeful328
- @WantNatural

- @Diva_Esq
- @eocceas
- @halfindian
- @
Ivey14
- @leona2025
- @MoniqueHK
- @Naturelie

Aireen

Back for my last update for this challenge and with a pic too! FINALLY! :drunk: So I need a trim but I'll do that in time, I really like how my hair looks despite my ends not being blunt. I didn't make it to HL-TBL, had a lot of setbacks, and I wasn't as active for this challenge as I would've liked but this was a learning process that I'm glad I was able to grow from. Thank you ladies for joining me, I loved this thread and I'm glad I decided to host my first challenge, I definitely learned quite a bit. Hoping for the 2nd round that everything will improve significantly. See you ladies in the HL-TBL 2015-2016 thread! :grin:

Attachments

• 9 - january2015hair.jpg
    9 - january2015hair.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 79