• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

nc cutie

I have been lurking!! I only read this thread. I have been taking chlorella for about two weeks. I've had the frequent urination and the headaches. Other than that nothing. Oh except the decreased cravings!!! Thanks LD and ladies of this thread for all of your great info!!

Muse

I have been lurking!! I only read this thread. I have been taking chlorella for about two weeks. I've had the frequent urination and the headaches. Other than that nothing. Oh except the decreased cravings!!! Thanks LD and ladies of this thread for all of your great info!!

Hi nc cutie, how much are you taking?

song_of_serenity

Well, I lost 3 pounds...I wasn't even trying, but I know it's due to my decreased appetite...I'm not upset at all! I'm by no means plump or anything but I did want to start to lose a few.
~*Janelle~*

ttlayli

My nails are officially growing strong! :grin:

I'm a nail-biter so this is great for me!! Even when I bite my nails, the next morning, they seem to be back longer and stronger! :lachen: Hopefully I can stop biting my nails though.

And I don't want to speak too soon, but like I said previously, I have Crohn's and I've been having a mild flare-up. Well for the first time in weeks, when I woke up this morning, I didnt have the urge to use the restroom. If anyone knows anything about Crohn's, then you understand why I'm so happy about that! This is huge for me! :yep: It would be amazing if I actually get my autoimmune condition under control with something that's good for you as opposed to harsh drugs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :spinning:

I also received my powered Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella!!! :drunk:

I'm not done with my Earthrise pills though so I'm going to continue taking them until theyre finished.

Kimbosheart

Just checking in, and getting this thread off of page three. Im still holding steady at 10g-12g per day. I don't plan to increase or decrease anytime soon.

LuckyD, I got my nettle tea a few days ago and I have been drinking it in the evenings. It doesn't taste bad or anything. It tastes like regular black tea to me. I will let you know if I see any results but I would assume the tea would take longer to work than the chlorella.

What are the benefits of the nettle tea rinses? Oh, I can say that since drinking the tea my scalp has continuously had the "tingle" feeling. I hope thats a good thing. TIA

TdotGirl

Just checking in to say i've been taking this for 3 weeks now and my nails are still strong and the longest that i've ever had. I'll check my hair at the end of the 4th week or a couple more.

luckiestdestiny

Glad to have you on board! I'm sure the detox will get better. Make sure you drink lots of water (that can include juice and stuff for those who hate water by itself)!

luckiestdestiny

My nails are officially growing strong! :grin:

I'm a nail-biter so this is great for me!! Even when I bite my nails, the next morning, they seem to be back longer and stronger! :lachen: Hopefully I can stop biting my nails though.

And I don't want to speak too soon, but like I said previously, I have Crohn's and I've been having a mild flare-up. Well for the first time in weeks, when I woke up this morning, I didnt have the urge to use the restroom. If anyone knows anything about Crohn's, then you understand why I'm so happy about that! This is huge for me! :yep: It would be amazing if I actually get my autoimmune condition under control with something that's good for you as opposed to harsh drugs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :spinning:

I also received my powered Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella!!! :drunk:

I'm not done with my Earthrise pills though so I'm going to continue taking them until theyre finished.

I am so happy for you and I'm praying that it helps you to get things under control too!

luckiestdestiny

Just checking in, and getting this thread off of page three. Im still holding steady at 10g-12g per day. I don't plan to increase or decrease anytime soon.

LuckyD, I got my nettle tea a few days ago and I have been drinking it in the evenings. It doesn't taste bad or anything. It tastes like regular black tea to me. I will let you know if I see any results but I would assume the tea would take longer to work than the chlorella.

What are the benefits of the nettle tea rinses? Oh, I can say that since drinking the tea my scalp has continuously had the "tingle" feeling. I hope thats a good thing. TIA

It stimulates the scalp for hair growth (tea rinses). So I do it internally and externally and it works so I don't fix it if it isn't broke! I've done research about both internal and external and both are recommended for hair growth. When you do the rinse if you can get a bottle w/ a nozzle do it so you can make sure to focus it on your scalp. If not, just make sure you get most of it there where it can do some good and leave it on (don't wash it out as there's no need and nettle has moisturizing properties).

Tingle is good.

Oh and yes the tea takes longer but it's worth it. It took me a few weeks or so.

yodie

As I stated earlier, my mom is in town and I've been eating. But, I'm losing weight on this stuff. Not sure how much. I'll report once I get back to my normal regimen. I love this!!

I'm also noticing that my nails are becoming stronger.

I haven't had enough chlorella over the past 2 days. One of my bm's today was brown again.
Can't wait to get back to my regular eating, exercise schedule.

Managed to get 6g's today and 2 bm's. Off to have nettle tea.

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

Thank you Onelove. I am not experiencing painful urination thankfully so I think I can rule out a UTI.

Why do you take AV juice? What is it suppose to do for you?

Yeah if anyone has liver problems I would steer clear of ANY detox products. Detoxing puts a lot of stress on the liver with all the extra toxins to be filtered through and if it's not healthy in the first place that could add extra problems.

This really saddens me because I really wanted to help him get healthy. :sad:

AtlantaJJ

What brand Nettle tea did you get? I just got a box, I hear it also good for allergies!! I am interested in the rinses as well...

AtlantaJJ

is mood swings a symptom? i have been on a war path lately...
I read your mood can be effected, and I know I was extra sensitive last week, but I just sucked it up as old mess getting out of my system. I also had a flare up in my shoulder where I usually carry stress/tension but this time it no big stress related event happened to trigger the pain. Then it went a way as fast as it appeared. I think something was detoxing from that area as well.

I went to a meeting with a bunch of women and they told me I was glowing!! Like 5 women told me, a couple were together. I just thanked them and grinned :grin:

CurlyMoo

Update:

I've really done it now and it feels like my head and left side is about to explode. I took 1 1/2 tlbs of CHL this morning. Normally I would sit down and drink a glass of water and eat an apple maybe some tea too and then go have a BM. But not this morning. Today is my friends birthday and I took her downtown and treated her to shoe shopping. I was so stressed and didn't really feel like running around in this cold weather. I was in such a rush I didn't go to the bathroom to have a BM but I did allow myself to urinate.:wallbash: And I urinated all damn day. First at her house 4 times. Then downtown another 4 times. We also ate a foot long tuna subway when we got hungry and I wasn't even all that hungry. Then when I got home and urinated twice. I also took 1 tlbs of CHL. I am feeling backed up like rush hour on a friday afternoon. I just ate a pear and apple, 2 glasses of water and now I am about to drink a cup of nettle tea. I am feeling like I may do something. My goal is to have a BM by 12am so that I will meet my daily BM. UGH!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

What brand Nettle tea did you get? I just got a box, I hear it also good for allergies!! I am interested in the rinses as well...

It's really good for allergies and asthma of which I have both. It's also good for a host of other things. I get the NOW brand of nettle tea and that's the only one I've ever used. It's the first one I tried and I liked it so I never tried any other brands. It's also organic which I like. I found it online but I'm sure there may be local places to get other types. I just bought it from a new vendor. I was using iherbs and now amazon because they have the same one for like two dollars and fifty cents for 30 tea bags.

luckiestdestiny

Update:

I've really done it now and it feels like my head and left side is about to explode. I took 1 1/2 tlbs of CHL this morning. Normally I would sit down and drink a glass of water and eat an apple maybe some tea too and then go have a BM. But not this morning. Today is my friends birthday and I took her downtown and treated her to shoe shopping. I was so stressed and didn't really feel like running around in this cold weather. I was in such a rush I didn't go to the bathroom to have a BM but I did allow myself to urinate.:wallbash: And I urinated all damn day. First at her house 4 times. Then downtown another 4 times. We also ate a foot long tuna subway when we got hungry and I wasn't even all that hungry. Then when I got home and urinated twice. I also took 1 tlbs of CHL. I am feeling backed up like rush hour on a friday afternoon. I just ate a pear and apple, 2 glasses of water and now I am about to drink a cup of nettle tea. I am feeling like I may do something. My goal is to have a BM by 12am so that I will meet my daily BM. UGH!

Hope you're drinking lots of water Curly Moo. I am noticing more urination. I thought maybe because I was drinking more water but IDK. Either way I make sure to drink lots of liquid (water, tea, juice).

luckiestdestiny

I read your mood can be effected, and I know I was extra sensitive last week, but I just sucked it up as old mess getting out of my system. I also had a flare up in my shoulder where I usually carry stress/tension but this time it no big stress related event happened to trigger the pain. Then it went a way as fast as it appeared. I think something was detoxing from that area as well.

I went to a meeting with a bunch of women and they told me I was glowing!! Like 5 women told me, a couple were together. I just thanked them and grinned :grin:

I know the shoulder was bothering you and I'm happy that's done with!

:grin: to the glowy thing! I just love it.

luckiestdestiny

As I stated earlier, my mom is in town and I've been eating. But, I'm losing weight on this stuff. Not sure how much. I'll report once I get back to my normal regimen. I love this!!

I'm also noticing that my nails are becoming stronger.

I haven't had enough chlorella over the past 2 days. One of my bm's today was brown again.
Can't wait to get back to my regular eating, exercise schedule.

Managed to get 6g's today and 2 bm's. Off to have nettle tea.

Yeah. Yesterday is the only day I didn't take mine...didn't bm either (told you I'm normally slightly irregular). I was running around for valentines day with my boyfriend. We had lots of fun, but I think I'm going to have reserve pills on me in case something like this happens again and I'm running out the door. Just like one box as back up. That way if I'm not able to take the powder, I'll have something in my system for unusual days when I'm not home until late. No excuses! I'm back on it today. I HATE missing a day and I'm going to make sure that never happens again. :wallbash: BTW my rash is gone everyone! Yay!

nc cutie

Muse

I am taking 2 pills at 500 mg each I think.. I am at work I am trying to remember. I got my bottle from Whole Foods.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I just got my chlorella powder. I must admit I am a little affraid to take it but I will do almost anything to make my hair grow. Just a little question. How does it taste? If it has no taste I may mix it with my breakfast smoothie.

luckiestdestiny

I just got my chlorella powder. I must admit I am a little affraid to take it but I will do almost anything to make my hair grow. Just a little question. How does it taste? If it has no taste I may mix it with my breakfast smoothie.

Afraid? There's so many health benefits that you shouldn't be afraid. Infact this stuff can replace almost all (if not all depending on your diet) your vitamins! Get on it because it will do wonders for you.:yep: The powder isn't that bad. I'm not sure what's in your breakfast smoothie so I don't know if the taste will work with or against it. Lots of people are drinking Green Machine with theirs as the taste seems to gel well, or they're mixing it with applesauce (little to no taste depending on how much applesauce you use).

Let us know how it goes and welcome!:bouncy:

yodie

I don't like the nettle tea. I tried it twice and I can't adjust to the taste. Maybe I'll try again after mom leaves and things settle down.

LuckiestD, keeping pills in addition to the powder is great. Think I'm always do that.

Oh, somehow a pack of my pills went missing. Hope they didn't wind up in the garbage.

My stomach feels most miserable. I've eaten more than I normally do. Afraid I'm gonna start gaining weight. Mom leaves tomorrow night. I'll get back to my regimen then.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I don't like the nettle tea. I tried it twice and I can't adjust to the taste. Maybe I'll try again after mom leaves and things settle down.

LuckiestD, keeping pills in addition to the powder is great. Think I'm always do that.

Oh, somehow a pack of my pills went missing. Hope they didn't wind up in the garbage.

My stomach feels most miserable. I've eaten more than I normally do. Afraid I'm gonna start gaining weight. Mom leaves tomorrow night. I'll get back to my regimen then.

Really? It just tastes like black tea to me. At least use it as a rinse when you wash your hair so it can atleast stimulate your scalp that way.

Muse

is mood swings a symptom? i have been on a war path lately...

Yes this can be a symptom of deteox. I posted a link about this earlier in the thread.

Yeah. Yesterday is the only day I didn't take mine...didn't bm either (told you I'm normally slightly irregular). I was running around for valentines day with my boyfriend. We had lots of fun, but I think I'm going to have reserve pills on me in case something like this happens again and I'm running out the door. Just like one box as back up. That way if I'm not able to take the powder, I'll have something in my system for unusual days when I'm not home until late. No excuses! I'm back on it today. I HATE missing a day and I'm going to make sure that never happens again. :wallbash: BTW my rash is gone everyone! Yay!

Good idea. I am driving down to Texas this weekend and that is a 19hr drive for me. I can't imagine dealing with the messy powder in the car!

yodie

Really? It just tastes like black tea to me. At least use it as a rinse when you wash your hair so it can atleast stimulate your scalp that way.

I definitely plan on using it this way. I usually drink alot of green tea, so I guess I'm used to the green tea taste.

AtlantaJJ

Update:

You need Magnesium Citrate, that helped me and another member of this thread and it's good for PMS and for relaxing at night. Just take 2 400 mg tablets at night with big glass of water, you will go the next morning... I keep it on hand and when ever I feel a little backed up, I take it, works like a charm.

AtlantaJJ

I just made my first shake with the the chlorella powder included. This makes my shakes an interesting color mixed with the berries that I have in there also. I think I'll drink these in the car on the way to work because I have already received comments on my shakes in the past :rofl:

The taste is not bad, slightly fishy I guess? But I put a big ole teaspoon in the shake so that means I'm going up on my dose. I have the Magnesium Citrate on standby in case I need it! :lol:

IndianAngel22

So my BM's are super regular. And green. I take 6 grams every day and I don't think I need anymore than that. I'm satisfied with that. I do believe my nails are getting stronger but I won't know until they successfully grow out. I dont' think they're growing much faster I'm not going to hype this stuff up like that. I want to see the quality of my nails get better and stay longer before cracking. Then I will know it is working. I am getting rid of all of my vitamins so if anyone wants them holler at the sales/exchange board lol!

Question 1: Are you guys drinking this Nettle tea stuff?