re: hair stuck to scalp after relaxer!...well I went to the ER tonight

tocktick

:sad: i'm sorry this happened to you. this is one of the major reasons why i went natural and am glad that i do not relax any more. i suffered a few times from scalp burns and had scabs on my scalp. i can remember getting them before i was even 10 years old :perplexed. i don't believe i suffered any permanent damage. however, i mainly got these burns/scabs on crown and now that remains the weakest area of my hair. this thread has me thinking about whether my hair is not as thick as it would have been had i never got a relaxer in the first place. i think there is still hope for you though; i notice the thread was made a little while ago so hopefully your situation is improving now.

PrettyBrownEyes

The dr confirmed that it was a chemical burn and I might suffer from permanent hair loss.Has this happened to anyone else? I know you guys don't know the serverity of my burns but they are pretty bad.I just need a glimmer of hope that even if my hair falls out with the scabs as the dr said that it will grow back. I can't be bald around my edges. I won't be able to cover up a weave or even wear a ponytail. Everyone thinks I should sue honestly I rather have my hair back.

Regularly, and I have a head full of hair.

jtsupanova

My edges are doin better...they are still a little sparse and they're growin in nappier than they use to but they are doin better. Right now I have my hair in a weave so it's out of sight out of mind right now which is a good thing.

Sha76

I am sorry that happened to you.

I had the same problem when I was 14. My mom let one of her friends relax my hair with a super bantu relaxer . I told her it was burning several times , but she would not let me go. When we were done. my hair was stuck to me head and had weeping sores all around the edges all excpt the top middle. I had to get the rest of my hair cut to match.

but in time it all grew back. There is still hope, doctors are not always right.

InnerSoul

Oh I hated those days when hair was stuck to my scalp from relaxers being left on my head too long:burning::nono:... each time my hair did grow back.. I am surprised that I still have hair left on my scalp. Like other posters mentioned.. just have patience and hopefully your scalp and hair will recover in the damaged area :kiss:.

balisi

Yes, there's hope that your hair and scalp will recover from this. I used to get these burns all the time when my hair was relaxed. That's a big part of the reason I went natural.