Chime straightens hair after 7 years natural

aquajoyice

I searched and didn't see this video posted anywhere. I noticed Chime had her hair straightened after being natural with no heat for 7 years. She went to a salon that used the Texture Managebility System. I've been a fan of her hair for a while and it's still gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTZTBo6i_GA

Fenaxa

Wao.. I didn't even recognize her with it flat-ironed. That's so lovely. I like her with curly hair better but the lady did an awesome job with it. Glamorous :)

krissyc39

Awesome hair! The products have a really high rating on sallys too

Kinda mad at how obvious it was that she's getting paid to do this but if the products are good...

MsKinkycurl

It looks really pretty but her hair seems shorter. I thought she had whip length hair.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

1QTPie

Elder Sim
She cut it a little while back. There's a video about it. It should pop up in the sidebar. She took a lot of bulk out of the top and sides. It was drastic to me, but it suited her. :)

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Her hair is very pretty. At least there are options for naturals without resorting to a relaxer.

SophieDulce

She cut it a little while back. There's a video about it. It should pop up in the sidebar. She took a lot of bulk out of the top and sides. It was drastic to me, but it suited her. :)

Ah man I wish she would have flat ironed it before she cut it, I wanted to see the length :(

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

Yea she cut it and flat ironed it as well, didn't she? So then this video would not be the first time she flat ironed in 7 years but the second time.

Mskraizy

WOW! *jaw droppage*

Uggghhh all these gorgeous flat iron results, these ladies are KILLIN meh! I'm trying to wait at least until August (hopefully my expected WL month). I might try that out. Would it permanently alter your texture the more you use it?

But that braidout (or twistout whatevs) after the flat iron was thee BOMB! I'm aiming for some hair like that! :grin:

cocomama

Is this company black own? Robin D Groover (the originator) of too groovy was doing this in the the mid early two thousand. I went to her in 08 and my hair was unbelievable. I have a pic of it in my blog for those who are interested. Anyway too bad she didn't patented her technique because it's obvious other bigger companies have caught on. Though I must say my hair was silkier…but only lasted two weeks instead of four.

SmileyNY

Nice!!! I love it. :yep: It's obvious that she was paid to do this, but It's still turned out nice.

koolkittychick

Why the hell is no one asking what this stuff is? It looks to me like it's some keratin treatment thing. She says she talks about what's in it on her blog, but then does not provide a link. This looks just a tad shady to me. Does anyone have a link to her blog?

SmileyNY

Why the hell is no one asking what this stuff is? It looks to me like it's some keratin treatment thing. She says she talks about what's in it on her blog, but then does not provide a link. This looks just a tad shady to me. Does anyone have a link to her blog?

http://chimeedwards.com/2014/03/11/my-experience-with-the-texture-managemebiliy-system/

I did some research for the ingredients I wasn't sure about and here's what I found (in pink).

This is the ingredient list:

1. Aqua

2. Argan Oil

3. Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit

4. Citric Acid

5. Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil

6. Citrus Limon Peel Oil

7. Citrus Limon Peel Wax

8. Cocamide MEA

9. Cocamidopropyl Betaine An organic compound derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine

10. Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil

11. Dmdm Hydantoin An antimicrobial formaldehyde releaser preservative with the trade name Glydant. DMDM hydantoin is an organic compound belonging to a class of compounds known as hydantoins.

12. Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil

13. Hydrolyzed Oat Protein

14. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein

15. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein

16. Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

17. Imidazolidinyl Urea An antimicrobial preservative used in cosmetics.

18. Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter

19. Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil

20. Parfum (Fragrance)

21. PEG 150 Distearate An emulsifier and thickening agent

22. PEG 75 Shea Butter Glycerides

23. Phenoxyethanol An organic chemical compound, a glycol ether often used in dermatological products such as skin creams and sunscreen. It is a colorless oily liquid.

24. Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil

25. Shea Butteramidopropyl Betaine

26. Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate cosmetic detergent

27. Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate cosmetic detergent

28. Tbhq-Tert-Butylhydroquinone An aromatic organic antioxidant compound. In foods, it is used as a preservative for unsaturated vegetable oils and many edible animal fats

Last edited:

koolkittychick

Thanks! I looked up the ingredients list, and found this compound, ranked eleventh on the list:
DMDM hydantoin

According to Wikipedia:
DMDM hydantoin is an antimicrobial formaldehyde releaser preservative with the trade name Glydant. DMDM hydantoin is an organic compound belonging to a class of compounds known as hydantoins. It is used in the cosmetics industry and found in products like shampoos, hair conditioners, hair gels and skin care products.[1][2]
DMDM hydantoin works as a preservative because the released formaldehyde makes the environment less favorable to the microorganisms.

A study found "An increase in the use of DMDM hydantoin in cosmetic products will also inevitably increase the risk of cosmetic dermatitis in consumers allergic to formaldehyde."[3] DMDM hydantoin may cause allergic contact dermatitis to the product itself, cross-react with other formaldehyde releasing compounds or due to the formaldehyde released.
Her hair is cute, but I'll pass. :ohwell:

openexpression

This was from a recent photoshoot that a lot of the "big" YouTubers did for this Beautiful Textures line. They had a picture on IG with Chime, Mo Knows Hair, Meechy Monroe, Ms. Vaughn, and CharyJay. They all got their hair flat ironed with the system. So yes, it is very much an advertisement but I think that's clear. They're not trying to hid it.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Her hair is gorgeous, but I'm still kind of speechless that she let them blow dry and flat iron without doing a DC LOL.
I wonder how much they paid her to play such reindeer games.

Dove56

Has anyone here used that product?

greenandchic

I did a test spot a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I didn't like is it lightened by hair from black to dark brown (dyed black hair only)other than that I really like the results.:yep: ORS has a straightening therapy system as well. These are like knock off amino acid / DE transitioning mousse treatments done at home. :yep:

Last edited: