What do you think of little boys with long hair?

browneyedgrl

I've noticed some mothers try hard to live out their long hair fantasies with their boys especially if he has loose wavy hair.

koolkittychick

I have no problem with it if the kid likes it. If he's doing it for his mom, then it's a problem. Are you saying that even if the kid wants to wear long hair, he shouldn't?

AnjelLuvs

I've noticed some mothers try hard to live out their long hair fantasies with their boys especially if he has loose wavy hair.
I remember the other thread, and I soooo want to see her hair, no matter the texture if she is able to care for and maintain such a regimen for her son, why not her own hair.... :ohwell:

I thought maybe she cant really record self like son, but come on, whats really going on... Lol

AmiJay

I have no problem with it if the kid likes it. If he's doing it for his mom, then it's a problem. Are you saying that even if the kid wants to wear long hair, he shouldn't?

I haven't stated my opinion, just that I was surprised that all the women liked it.

AmiJay

koolkittychick, to me the weird thing about the video isn't the little boy and his hair, but the way the mom plays with his hair. She was straight creepy to me. I wanted to see if someone else saw it or if it was just me tripping. When I read the old thread other people picked up on it too.

AmiJay

I remember the other thread, and I soooo want to see her hair, no matter the texture if she is able to care for and maintain such a regimen for her son, why not her own hair.... :ohwell:

I thought maybe she cant really record self like son, but come on, whats really going on... Lol

She actually has tl relaxed hair. Since he's a kid I'm sure his hair is way healthier, but she has her own hair to play with.

Ogoma

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I cannot even imagine why anyone would have a problem with her keeping her child's hair long.

Lilmama1011

i like her videos but she comes off to aggressive about people not liking her son's hair. everyone isn't going to like and because she is putting a video up on his hair she should expect people to put their two cents on. if she is going to delete negative comments do it and keep it moving that's all. i actually don't like how she came off at the end. even the son was thrown off. either that or don't allow comments if it hits you so close to home

BillsBackerz67

I like it...but if the parents arent going to to the proper upkeep whether it be braids, locs etc cut it off. My nephews mom refused to cut his hair off but always threw it in a pony puff. So people were always mistaking him for a girl and after awhile it really got to him, made him extremely upset and i couldnt take it anymore and took him to the barber. He was so happy and his confidence went through the roof. His mom was pissed at me but it was time.

Britt

@koolkittychick, to me the weird thing about the video isn't the little boy and his hair, but the way the mom plays with his hair. She was straight creepy to me. I wanted to see if someone else saw it or if it was just me tripping. When I read the old thread other people picked up on it too.

THISSSS... I felt awkward watching it.The whole video just made me feel some type of way :ohwell: :perplexed :spinning: :nono: :drunk:.

AmiJay

Usually when I see a little boy or man with long hair, they are usually ghetto. I know that's not pc, but 9 out of 10 times they are. I'm not talking about locs or a fro either.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I don't mind it up to a certain age. My SO's youngest son was almost WL before he got sick. I only plan on having 1 child, so most likely I will let his hair be long until 5/6. Than he gets a Mohawk or similar haircut to his dad's.

I do find it creepy if a mom does progress shots/vids. Sorry.

Last edited:

koolkittychick

@koolkittychick, to me the weird thing about the video isn't the little boy and his hair, but the way the mom plays with his hair. She was straight creepy to me. I wanted to see if someone else saw it or if it was just me tripping. When I read the old thread other people picked up on it too.
@AmiJay, I think she is merely responding to the wishes of her child; she doesn't seem to me to be the type to do it if the boy didn't want it. Boys, and men, are notoriously lazy when it comes to this sort of upkeep, but they certainly enjoy the benefits they reap from it, and if someone steps in who is willing to do the work, they will gladly allow it for as long as it suits their interests. This applies whether it involves doing housework, cooking meals, paying the bills, or someone doing their hair. The boy is obviously getting some benefit from having a nice head of hair, and as long as his mom likes doing it (I don't think anyone here would call what she does "creepy" if this was a girl child), he seems cool with it. In that light, I say live and let live; if she wants to play Barbie with her kid, who am I to say she shouldn't, as long as the kid's OK with it. :ohwell:

AmiJay

@AmiJay, I think she is merely responding to the wishes of her child; she doesn't seem to me to be the type to do it if the boy didn't want it. Boys, and men, are notoriously lazy when it comes to this sort of upkeep, but they certainly enjoy the benefits they reap from it, and if someone steps in who is willing to do the work, they will gladly allow it for as long as it suits their interests. This applies whether it involves doing housework, cooking meals, paying the bills, or someone doing their hair. The boy is obviously getting some benefit from having a nice head of hair, and as long as his mom likes doing it (I don't think anyone here would call what she does "creepy" if this was a girl child), he seems cool with it. In that light, I say live and let live; if she wants to play Barbie with her kid, who am I to say she shouldn't, as long as the kid's OK with it. :ohwell:

koolkittychick, I'm not losing sleep over him having long hair but I still feel that the way she was playing with her little boys hair was way too much. I have a son and I can't even imagine him letting me make a video on yt about his hair. I actually wonder where the dad is because I find her behavior really odd. And if she got so many negative comments from her previous video, why put her kid out there again? The last part at the end really seemed to me like the boy put up with this because it made the mom happy. I'm sure he'd rather get his hair washed and braided and be through with it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
He looks like a girl. I think that he will resent her for it.:ohwell: I think he she is living her life through his hair.:nono:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
he likes his hair like that. she said she will cut it when he is ready

Unfortunately, kids are parent/people pleasers, so he probably doesn't know how to speak up. Or, he doesn't want to hurt his mother's feelings, because she gets so much joy from his hair.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

koolkittychick

He looks like a girl. I think that he will resent her for it.:ohwell: I think he she is living her life through his hair.:nono:

Why would she be living her life through his hair when her hair is longer than that?

He is apparently secure enough in his masculinity to express his own style, and she is a good mom for not imposing society's narrow-mindedness on him because of it. Maybe you don't like it, but he does, and thank God there are more and more people out there who can respect and appreciate that without imposing their own gender-phobic viewpoints on that child.

Just saying. Masculine is not all about having short hair and big muscles, anymore than feminine is all about having a tiny waist and long flowing hair. Appreciate people for who they are, and we all benefit from the diversity. :yep:

koolkittychick

Unfortunately, kids are parent/people pleasers, so he probably doesn't know how to speak up. Or, he doesn't want to hurt his mother's feelings, because she gets so much joy from his hair.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I doubt it. Our homophobic and genderphobic culture (especially in the Black community) would have put too much pressure on him by now for him to risk coddling his mom's feelings. He likes wearing his hair that way, and is a strong enough personality to rock it for as long as it suits him, and I say more power to that. :yep:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
He must like it. I can't see my son sitting through all of that if its not voluntary. I think she even mentioned in a comment that she threatened to cut it once to get him to let her wash it.

My son had long hair as a toddler. We cut it before he was two because it was a lot of work for me and my husband wasn't feeling it being long. I wonder how this kid's dad feels.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I don't think I care.. maybe if it was my child I would have an opinion on the topic.